Poll: Would you allow Horde and Alliance to group and play together?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Doing this will make bgs lose their purpose.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

I don't really enjoy having to play both sides to play with all my friends, they finally made stuff cross-realm, this would be the next logical step.

But only for instanced content.

Or introduce a double agent mode, idk, there has to be tons of ways to do that and it would make sense.

Yeah, the faction war is pretty contrived at this point and is artificially extended despite never actually resulting in any meaningful consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see if they get to a last expansion for WoW, we all band together to fight the burning legion. Not until then, at least.

Deleted
    For whole, I don't agree, but certainly there should be some major quests, like killing demon leaders where you could unite and kill them as a united group against the greater evil.

I think there should be special events where the Horde and Alliance can team up together. But I don't think it should be a normal practice added to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Yes. For the Hordelliance!

Give me playable Legion as the second faction.
    I have found my new sig!

Deleted
    No, pretty much defeats the purpose of being 2 factions.

I'd say yes, with clearly more important things to care about (Legion etc..), what's really the point in fightning each other?
    Both factions have already cooperated several times before.

The answer is: YES and NO

Definitively NO on PvP-Server: There is open war on PvP-Server, so it should NOT be allowed to play together.

But also YES on PvE-Server: People on PvE-Server decide for PvE, most of them simply couldn't care less for PvP. So why should they not be allowed to work together with the Horde? This would allow even unbalanced PvE-Server to have a healthy raid environment.

But i know with cross realm raiding this does not get easy, it would there need some restriction for PvP-Realms.
    So to make it work there can be 2 variants:

1st variant: No invitation between people on PvP-Realms and people of the other faction: That mean: If you have already someone from the other faction in your group, you cannot invite someone from an PvP-Realm. Or if you have invited someone from your faction from a PvP-Realm you cannot invite someone from the other faction.

2nd variant: Invite of both possible, but NOT from the same server. You can invite someone from the other faction, someone from a pvp realm and even someone from the other faction on a pvp-realm. But you cannot invite someone from different faction that are on the same PvP-Realm.

So 2 people from PvP-Realms
    Player 1 Alliance Server 1, Player 2 Horde Server 2 is possible
    Player 1 Alliance Server 1, Player 2 Horde Server 1 is NOT possible.

Both variants are possible. As a player on a PvE-Realm i couldn't care less about PvP. Heck, to make it lorewise possible they should create a joinable 3rd faction that is neutral to both. A new quest, when you are champion on the Argent tournament should allow you to join the Argent Crusade to be neutral. (and Knights of the Ebon Blade for Death Knights)

Cost 200-300 Champion Seals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, more partial to the Alliance but my friends all play Horde.

Make a small set of scenarios/dungeons telling a story of horde and alliance coming together to stop the Legion. Make it clear that the heroes participating are not friends. Make the pvp vendors or even faction leaders offer a small quest or dialog explaining the at the root, we are still enemies.

Everybody is happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I would....love it...actually.
    There are many more casual raiding guilds (And raiding guilds in general) on alliance side that would be perfect for me (My current one is fine but they're all about progression and prefer to skip flex, I'm looking for a flex-normal type guild).
    Plus it'd make sense lore-wise seeing as the horde-alliance war is over. Perhaps make all opposing faction NPC's unfriendly instead of hostile and allow grouping/guilding with the enemy faction, as well as removing the language barrier (All these features would be turned OFF for PvP servers though, to make them a little more unique).
    It would also provide a few neutral roleplaying guilds on my server to flourish with new members and could give the horde a bit of a boost in terms of roleplay (Currently only silvermoon and the valley of honour seem to have roleplayers constantly, not including goldshire for obvious reasons).

However I think many people would hate it (Though they could always play on a PvP server but still), for gameplay it's a great idea but the community might deteriorate a little with the factions constantly arguing in trade) but I personally would be all for it.

Or better yet just end the war and have pvp as intanced area outside of lore. Right now there is no reason for the horde or alliance to be at war with each other. Garrosh/Varian being assholes were the reason for the latest war which is now over. And it would be bad writing for the sake of gameplay that would create the next war. Just go with how other mmos are. Have 2 factions who are now peaceful with each other, building a good relationship and have a build up for the legion/naga/whatever.

Accept the war between horde and alliance is over and realise just because there is war in warcraft it doesn't mean it has to be horde vs alliance. It could be azeroth vs legion, iron horde, old gods, naga, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilalia View Post
    Or better yet just end the war and have pvp as intanced area outside of lore. Right now there is no reason for the horde or alliance to be at war with each other. Garrosh/Varian being assholes were the reason for the latest war which is now over. And it would be bad writing for the sake of gameplay that would create the next war. Just go with how other mmos are. Have 2 factions who are now peaceful with each other, building a good relationship and have a build up for the legion/naga/whatever.

Accept the war between horde and alliance is over and realise just because there is war in warcraft it doesn't mean it has to be horde vs alliance. It could be azeroth vs legion, iron horde, old gods, naga, etc.

Pvp could be "Games of Honor" instead of games of hate/war. Pvp would be reinacting battles of old.

If they allowed a 3rd faction where horde and allies could defect to play together. It would be the biggest one no doubt.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not, anymore, based on Blizzard's changing philosophies.

Anyone else remember when they expressly told us that PvE->PvP transfers would never be possible back in Vanilla? Then we had faction changes, and sharing capital cities. Now we even have a cinematic (albeit a fairly harmless, non-serious one) where a Human and an Orc are drinking together in a tavern.

Is it such a stretch to think that a Horde and Alliance character would utterly refuse to join together even for half an hour to face a common foe? We hardly even fight anymore, it's not as if every single character in the world has to be an unreasonable, racist asshole, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd much prefer a "defect to the other faction" option, or the ability to join a 3rd faction separate from either Alliance and Horde.

Deleted
    Yes, because some of the most memorable and satisfying moments in the game have been in those random moments when a Horde player has helped me out, or vice versa. Grouping with Horde would be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I know lore-wise it would of course be possible and has happened many times, but for gameplay I really think it's best for the factions to stay separated. It would be interesting if it was available, but only for certain race combinations like Draenei & Trolls/BEs/Tauren/Goblins, Tauren & any Alliance race, or Pandaren & any other race, since they don't really have any reason to hate each other other than the fact that one's Horde and one's Alliance, but that just seems like an arbitrary restriction