Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard should fix "useless talents"

Like, for example: Shuriken Toss.
    It was the coolest spell I've ever seen on WoW, and then they just nerf it to the ground and increase energy costs.
    I hope WoD fix this
    What are other talents you guys consider useless for your classes?

Deleted
    The entire shaman totem tier. If you want a definition that describes "extremely situational" then look no further.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LFPO8k View Post
    Shuriken Toss itself is fine, the problem is that it is competing with Anticipation and Marked for Death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    The entire shaman totem tier. If you want a definition that describes "extremely situational" then look no further.
    Agreed, All of the 3 of the choices feels so bad.

There will always be "useless" talents because X is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    this, it's a boring tier i never think about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    so what was the point of ruining remaking the talent system again?

at least back in the day we had many points to spend, we could make crazy builds, hybrid builds and we weren't forced to choose between spells we always had anyway (lol @ warlock talents for example, choose between shadowfury and deathcoil lolololol)

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Yes, a couple here and there per spec. The vast majority are useful under different situations and stat builds. That's far and away better than the classic talent trees, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LFPO8k View Post
    It was the coolest spell I've ever seen on WoW, and then they just nerf it to the ground and increase energy costs.
    The old version of spammable Shuriken Toss was extremely fun, then after it got changed to channeled crap and utility poison procs removed, I've never specced it again. I dont even care about energy cost, but its just simply not fun to use nor useful anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Yes, a couple here and there per spec. The vast majority are useful under different situations and stat builds. That's far and away better than the classic talent trees, imo.
    Well you are right, but with the new dual spec you could always have done the same with the old talent trees and I actually think that would have been better than what we have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    so what was the point of ruining remaking the talent system again?

at least back in the day we had many points to spend, we could make crazy builds, hybrid builds and we weren't forced to choose between spells we always had anyway (lol @ warlock talents for example, choose between shadowfury and deathcoil lolololol)
    I also liked the old talent trees a lot more than what we have right now.

Deleted
    I would consider a bad talent or talent row one that either

1) never gets changed, ever, be it for pvp or pve,

or

2) only contains talents which are never pressed.

As a DK, I have to vote for the rune regen talents. The others may be boring at times, but they're not useless or strictly bad.

I have to agree with the shaman totem tier. even though I use Totemic projection somewhat regularly still think the entire tier would have been better a a ghost wolf related movement tier.

The warlock level 90 talents after the Warlords nerf to KJC. None of the talents really serve the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    The warlock level 90 talents after the Warlords nerf to KJC. None of the talents really serve the same purpose.
    at least they serve a purpose
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    at least they serve a purpose
    Mannoroth's Fury is pretty much useless for destro and aff.
    The nerfed KJC more useless than ever for demo.
    KJC almost useless to the other 2 specs.

This tier just doesn't scream lvl 90 tier to me. It's something I'd expect from lvl 15 tier at best, apart from Archimonde's darkness which is equally useful for all specs. I never liked the idea that you have to choose between aoe and single target talents in the same tier, paladins could agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Mannoroth's Fury is pretty much useless for destro and aff.
    The nerfed KJC more useless than ever for demo.
    KJC almost useless to the other 2 specs.

This tier just doesn't scream lvl 90 tier to me. It's something I'd expect from lvl 15 tier at best, apart from Archimonde's darkness which is equally useful for all specs. I never liked the idea that you have to choose between aoe and single target talents in the same tier, paladins could agree.
    How about our level 100's then? every warlock is going to take the 3rd tier of minions. Cataclysm, for destro at least does the same thing as FaB just with more direct damage and so in aoe situations it'll save you all of one ember, maybe- and I cant begin to guess who'd take chaotic resources
    Wrath baby and proud of it

What about warrior charge tier? They could easily make a glyph to increase charge CD by 8 sec and make it stun. Talking WoD charge tier here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman level 45 tier definitely, and a few of the classes' other talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    What about warrior charge tier? They could easily make a glyph to increase charge CD by 8 sec and make it stun. Talking WoD charge tier here.
    There's heavy discussion on this topic, and I find myself debating with my warrior friends about it too. If you're able to choose Juggernaut and have Charge on a 12 second cooldown, then the 1.5 second stun shouldn't be incorporated into the baseline ability.

They're trying to solve this by removing the stun from the baseline ability and putting it into the Warbringer talent, so they're exclusive and can't be used at the same time (good), but this also brings up the fact that Warbringer will almost always be taken in PvP circumstances.

To me this is a discussion that will never end. The issue to me is narrow raid design. With the ability to talent change on the go, I feel that they could have really nailed this system. Dito now that glyphs are no longer consumed.

The only example I have off the top of my head is Barage vs Glaive Toss. I swap these out constantly and pull (uselessly to some) more damage at times due to the nature of Barage. Its for trash though. But why? Why not have a glyph that drops it to single target? Ive not seen the numbers but given the adds in some fights wouldnt Barage be the better choice?

I like situational given situational isnt backbreaking or stupid inconvenience. Part of the issue in my mind is that the raid aspects are either too constrained or too narrowly viewed. Between pvp, questing, 5 mans, and scenarios there are many separate and unique situations that numbers are rarely run. Going back to Barage, look at challenge modes. Here is an area where the top dps spell, glaives, is probably worse off yet you rarely see as much information and crunch for it.

People tend to focus only on raiding and the issue to me is that when everything could and did matter (tbc) people fucking hated it. Everyone got sick of narrow tightly controlled boss requirements which forcedbuilds and slots. Arguably its hard to make something unique but equal which is what everyone seems to want but yet only so they can feel different while min maxing.

Only a small amount of people use it ≠ it is useless.