50% sale, please happen

It's been almost if not more than a year, before they had faction/tranfer/ other services regarding this 50% off sale or 25% to happen. I couldn't get it last year, and expected it to happen the same time this year, yet im hear and still nothing. Can this please happen, I think its a great time to make the sales.

OK I will make it happen because you said so on a random internet forum.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-04 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    iceberg your signature is so wrong, just sayin

OT: They prob do it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Last time was around the holidays I thought? Like Christmas and what not.

Don't hold your breath. Bli$$ard does nothing cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Bli$$ard does nothing cheap.
    Remember how everyone said cross realm heirlooms would never happen because they were using it as a cash grab to force players to pay to transfer? We now have cross realm heirlooms.

What about how players didn't want to have to transfer in order to play with friends or on a higher pop realms? Cross realm zones, connected realms, cross realm dungeons, cross realm raiding, cross realm rated pvp all say hi not to mention we will have cross faction auction houses.

All of these combined have effectively made paid transfers obsolete. If Blizzard is so evil and greedy they are doing it very, very wrong.

There is also the fact that any of us who said the cost of transfers was a deterrent was harassed, insulted and accused of fanboyism yet were ultimately proven right when Blizzard had the 50% off sale on paid transfers. It was very noticeable how quickly various realms emptied out and others ended up with very long queues all in the span of a few days. No Blizzard won't be doing this sale again because it runs directly counter to everything they have done about population issues in the past 2 years and any sale would undo all of their work in a matter of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Remember how everyone said cross realm heirlooms would never happen because they were using it as a cash grab to force players to pay to transfer? We now have cross realm heirlooms.

What about how players didn't want to have to transfer in order to play with friends or on a higher pop realms? Cross realm zones, connected realms, cross realm dungeons, cross realm raiding, cross realm rated pvp all say hi not to mention we will have cross faction auction houses.

All of these combined have effectively made paid transfers obsolete. If Blizzard is so evil and greedy they are doing it very, very wrong.

There is also the fact that any of us who said the cost of transfers was a deterrent was harassed, insulted and accused of fanboyism yet were ultimately proven right when Blizzard had the 50% off sale on paid transfers. It was very noticeable how quickly various realms emptied out and others ended up with very long queues all in the span of a few days. No Blizzard won't be doing this sale again because it runs directly counter to everything they have done about population issues in the past 2 years and any sale would undo all of their work in a matter of days.
    Can't be completely evil because people will catch on, need to do a few good things here and there

That said I do wish they would occasionally have like a monthly sale.

- Name change
    - Faction change
    - Server change
    - Race change
    - Pet sale
    - Mount sale

Even if you remove server transfer for the reasons xanzul listed having a monthly sale in regards to that small list would be nice. Other games I play/played (MMOs and cell phone games) have sales and I would patiently wait for the sale to occur to buy what I want. Allowed me to save and get good deals for the money I was paying :3

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if they did half price sales on digital transfers/changes, then that'd be more beneficial than adding more items to the Blizzard Store. You'd have many people taking advantage of the offers that they can't not do this.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I will resub if this happens.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went from Eitrigg to Stormrage, I have 3 90s on stormrage and 3 on Eitrigg all of different classes, then I have like 6 85's on Eitrigg that I want on stormrage and I have 6 of those classes that are 85 on Eitrigg scrounged around on stormrage between the levels of 24 and 70. I just can't even. It is so painful to even level them up. I want to die.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

They held the last sale literally right before announcing cross realm zones. They knew what they were doing there. Of course you were here defending that.

Even CRZ was a euphemism to avoid to negative publicity that is usually associated with server merges.

don't see it happening. it will just promote server imbalance.

wont happen...