Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    What do you mean? You had best PVP bonus for an expansion and best PVE bonuses for 3 expansions, being able to profit from your mounts a lot. Now you will have 2 expensive enchants each person should be buying.
    Aaah yes, comparable to the optimal stat WARFORGED SOCKETED TERTIARY STAT COMPARABLE TO RAID GEAR crafts that tailors/lw/bs get.

Despite the enchant being near obsolete thanks to goblin glider and situational belt buckle - nitro boosts having been nerfed to near uselessness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Right, cause Mounts and Pets sell so bad....
    1k gold profit for a month's worth of cooldowns to make a golem
    200g for half a months worth of cooldowns to make a pet
    less than 100g for a Hog
    Losing gold on all other pets

Yeah, definitely rolling in the gold there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    What do you mean? You had best PVP bonus for an expansion and best PVE bonuses for 3 expansions, being able to profit from your mounts a lot. Now you will have 2 expensive enchants each person should be buying.
    See above.

Also, the "enchants" are not even worth using anymore. Nitro boost is less powerful than a speed potion AND costs your dps potion.
    Glider/Parachute may not even make it live.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Looks like in WoD once again we'll only be getting an epic bag that probably again takes two weeks to craft and a month to grind reputation for the pattern. That's the second expansion we're not getting a craftable uncommon quality bag. What the hell is Blizzard's problem? Bags are the main source of income for tailors, yet since Cataclysm they decided to gut us.
    Were exactly does it say that you have to grind a reputation to get this pattern? There have been no notes that speak of that yet so it seems foolish to make that assumption without more information.

However, I will note this, according to the datamined information 10 Hexaweave cloth to a bag but each cloth requires 20 furs (drops from mobs) and 10 herbs (either farmed or purchased from AH). Also note that you'll need 5 Sorcerous Water

If this holds up in WoD, we're seeing a lot more cross profession requirements (or better usage of your Garrisons).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Bags are the main source of income for tailors, yet since Cataclysm they decided to gut us.
    According to that logic leather workers have only a small and blacksmiths no income source at all. Check that again, will you? Last time I looked (and I look daily) you could also sell gear that goes for 2k - 10k depending on your server, or the ridiculously overpriced cloth blots.

And just for the record the bags are currently profitable only because they take a bit of effort and time to craft. Otherwise you'd see the AH flooded with bazillions of bags for 50 - 100g buyout, easily crafted bags in current content did always go down the drain in the past. Believe it or not, you're better off as it is.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

It's not hard to level at least one of every profession, so, when people say "I'm an engineer and I'm getting fucked" my inner voice says "because you're lazy."

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    It's not hard to level at least one of every profession, so, when people say "I'm an engineer and I'm getting fucked" my inner voice says "because you're lazy."
    5 max level characters assuming you're not a super fast leveller is going to be 150 hours+. Very fast levelers can cut it down to 100-120hours. This will likely be higher in WoD until the first exp nerf comes in ~midway through the expansion

Go tell ANYONE that not dumping 150+ hours into a tiny side aspect of a game is lazy in other gaming communities. You'd probably get laughed off the forum.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove the daily CDs....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Engineering having nothing profitable at all.
    Been selling the mount and pets pretty regularly on my realem even with people undercutting. Not make as much as I was when they first came out, but still doing pretty well. LW though, I have put more than few of the 553 piece up and even some of the pvp gear up and I end up disenchanting all of them and selling the mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    5 max level characters assuming you're not a super fast leveller is going to be 150 hours+. Very fast levelers can cut it down to 100-120hours. This will likely be higher in WoD until the first exp nerf comes in ~midway through the expansion

Go tell ANYONE that not dumping 150+ hours into a tiny side aspect of a game is lazy in other gaming communities. You'd probably get laughed off the forum.
    At the begin of MoP, I had all 10 of my characters to level 90 inside of less than a week with both main professions maxed and at least cooking and first at max as well. Leveling in this game is joke anymore, the amount of xp they give per quest is amazing. I usually skip around to max out the mob xp, then go back later and pick up the rest of the trail of quests to get the loremaster title. Since we won't have flying at max level, It might take an additional 4 days to get all the professions maxed out on all 10 this time around.

Because they are moving away from bigger bags as a solution and instead removing bag clutter, like toys and OS gear.
    It's simple really, either you make older bags and profit on those, or you find something else to profit on, spell threads maybe?

Yeah well, considering Netherweave bags and Embersilk bags still sell at a profit, I wouldn't complain too much. I don't think any other profession can get consistent profits from previous expansions except with things like mounts and maybe the odd xmog item. Which reminds me, some of the old crafted tailoring stuff sells moderately well as xmog still. Black mageweave set immediately comes to mind.

There's plenty of profits to be had, you just need to find a niche market instead of trying to compete with the other 30,000 tailors on your server who refuse to think outside the box a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    The paladin who killed Ghostcrawler's parents was also a tailor.

(iknowhedoesntworkforblizzardanymoregeez)
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    At the begin of MoP, I had all 10 of my characters to level 90 inside of less than a week with both main professions maxed and at least cooking and first at max as well. Leveling in this game is joke anymore, the amount of xp they give per quest is amazing. I usually skip around to max out the mob xp, then go back later and pick up the rest of the trail of quests to get the loremaster title. Since we won't have flying at max level, It might take an additional 4 days to get all the professions maxed out on all 10 this time around.
    You're assuming everyone has level 90's (the 1-80 portion being about 1/2 to 2/3's of the levelling PER character) with 600 skill profs to merely upgrade. They don't.

Thanks for misunderstanding though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

You don't have to be max level to get 600 professions on them. But yes, it would take some time to at least level toons up to get all 10 professions maxed. However, the point of the post he was responding to is someone claiming they are fucked for making gold because they are an engineer. You can make money as an Engineer (not like some other professions though), but if someone is really interested in making some gold and feels the need to be an engineer then they just have to level 1 toon to 80 and boom, now they can pick 2 professions for the purpose of making money. That's not really a whole lot of time to put into it. If they don't care to do that, that's certainly fine, but then don't complain about not being able to make any money either. You are always going to have to invest some time into making gold.

No, his point was that you can have all professions on alts as if it's no serious time investment for everyone. Unless you invest a LOT of time into this game, you will never make the gold back in terms of time for those professions you spent leveling the characters. Might as well just continue as you are and farm gold using other methods (or just ignore your profs altogether as I often have done in the past when using the AH)

Deleted
    I agree, I started selling the bolts of windweave cloth cuss I have nothing better to do with it lol. While I am selling netherweave bags like hotcakes.....