Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I think the first thing would be to have not posted about this embarrassing moment on the internet...
    I thought it was a funny story. She's definitely not the MMO-C type. Anyway, I came really close to texting her what I wrote in my OP, so I'm glad I asked first.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If a woman walks around a shared house with her door open and her clothes off, on some level - she wanted to be seen. Be complimented imo - I don't know what if means - since that would be contextual - but ya - if she wanted privacy, she would have closed the door - or put some clothes on.
    Walking around an empty house, in your own room, naked, means you want to be seen? That's a really self fulfilling and creepy mentality to have. Couldn't have been "it was hot" or "she just got out of the shower", has to be "yeah she wanted you to look"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    just be like whatever

that's what happens when you walk around naked with your door open

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Brilliant Especially that star trek bit at the end ha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Walking around an empty house, in your own room, naked, means you want to be seen? That's a really self fulfilling and creepy mentality to have. Couldn't have been "it was hot" or "she just got out of the shower", has to be "yeah she wanted you to look"
    If you share a house with multiple other roommates - you learn to be conscious of the state of your door - when it's open - people pop their head in to see if you want to go for lunch or play some playstation or proofread their latest book chapter.

I've lived in lots of situations like this with 2-4 roommates - nobody leaves their door open on accident. To be naked with your door open? It means you at the very least don't care if you are seen naked - but more likely - to be conscientious of whether others might not want to see you naked - you close it for your or others sake. An open door in a multi-bedroom shared house? Either she doesn't give a fuck (not true because she screamed and hid), or she is an exhibitionist (possible despite screaming and running), or she wanted to be seen (also possible), or she forgot (which in my experience, Never happens in that environment).

If you own your own house, it would be akin to walking to the mailbox without your clothes on - and then being shocked when someone else saw you on the street. In a communal house - that hallway is public space - and the only barricade is your door and your clothes.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Don't ever mention it again, either to her or anyone else.

If you two do get to be really great friends, like, the kind you keep for your whole life, then mentioning it for nostalgia or whatever should be fine, but that's obviously a long way until you can...

She might have to kill you now.

Deleted
    No need to mention it. Judging by both of your reactions, you'd just come off weird if you text her or try to talk about it as if it's something you've been thinking about.

You saw her naked. So ??? What exactly is the big deal ? Grow up, please. Stuff like this is pretty much inevitable when you live with females.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No need to mention it. Judging by both of your reactions, you'd just come off weird if you text her or try to talk about it as if it's something you've been thinking about.
    Aherm, yeah, think.

Curious as to why you'd be inclined to text her though, what would it entail?

"10/10 tittays housemate X, also, remember to twist the knob and lock the door"

If you share a house with multiple other roommates...
    All that may be true but I don't really care, trying to hit on a paying tenant sounds like a bucket of trouble, I just don't want her to feel uncomfortable or awkward.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

This stuff happens......Is this really a dilemma for you? I'm kind of blown away you need the internet's help to deal with something so trivial. Just forget about it and go on with ur life. Doing anything more would be inappropriate and show her that ur focused on that event, which is even more embarrassing and pretty creepy.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2014-07-04 at 09:06 PM.

Every mans dream!
    But y, don't bring it up ever it will just be awkward
    Also install hidden cameras in her room :>

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    All that may be true but I don't really care, trying to hit on a paying tenant sounds like a bucket of trouble, I just don't want her to feel uncomfortable or awkward.
    I'm not saying you should hit on her - but having been in university for ~10 years now, I've lived in a lot of shared housing - and nobody walks around naked with the doors open unless they don't care about being seen.

You live in the same building - answer me this - if you were walking around naked, would you notice that the door was open, if you were an attractive woman who lived with men you don't know?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I'm not saying you should hit on her - but having been in university for ~10 years now, I've lived in a lot of shared housing - and nobody walks around naked with the doors open unless they don't care about being seen.
    Why would someone care ? Unless you're like 18 and still feeling awkward about this stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say fill the house with cardboard cutouts of tasteful nudeyshots of yourself, get a professional photographer and have about 10 full sized cutouts in every room. Is it going too far? definitely, will it help? probably not.

I think pretty much all of my close friends have seen me naked
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-07-04 at 09:16 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, come on, it is just a funny little incident. You can laugh it up together at any time. Humans of the XXI century should not be so scared of seeing a naked girl!

Had the same experience when I shared a small house with many people including a girl in Virginia - everyone left to work, she thought no one was home, took a shower and was doing a make-up in the bathroom with the door open. I, again, thought no one was in the bathroom... No problem, I said, "Oops!", and left - I don't even think we ever mentioned it ever again.

I'd apologize and make a lighthearted joke about it, somthing that can be a inside joke just to you too. Once she reconized its not a big deal, more than likely she will joke back (if she has a good sense of humor).

If she asks you to never speak of it again, apologize and do just that.

Deleted
    Dude, I literally JUST re watched that episode of New Girl where this happens in reverse.

Depends on what kind of a relationship you have with her. I'd be inclined to just never mention it, as people have said. She'll potentially be pretty awkward for a little while, and do your best to respect that, try not to force conversations about anything or whatever if it's obvious she's feeling awkward. Had a similar thing happen to me when a friend was staying over, I opened my bedroom door after waking up really hungover, forgot they were there etc. Felt really awkward, and they kept bringing it up a couple of times and no matter what they said, it felt pervy, so just don't. In the unlikely event she ever brings it up, just be like "Nah it's okay, I was in a world of my own and didn't actually even see you, but figured what had happened when you screamed and shut the door" or something, then apologise and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    You saw her naked. So ??? What exactly is the big deal ? Grow up, please. Stuff like this is pretty much inevitable when you live with females.
    Any gender really, even if you live in a Unisex living quarters you(or another room mate) are bound to see a room mate naked at least once.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134