View Poll Results: Do you think it's fair that hunters have so much ranged mobility?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    145 78.80%
  • No

    34 18.48%
  • No opinion

    5 2.72%
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal azarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    83

    Hunters and Ranged Mobility

    Throughout MoP, I always thought it was ridiculous that hunters can do their entire rotation in full movement, while many casters have very limited capability to do so (Especially shadow priests; I can't believe Blizzard thinks they're fine and I don't even play one).

    Now that WoD is coming out, Blizzard is nerfing the movement capabilities of most casters and healers. I get the healers, they really do need less instant casts, but melee classes already terribly overpower casters right now with their ease at staying in melee range of casters and huge amount of hard hitting instant abilities. But this isn't even why I'm typing this.

    What really bugs me is that hunters still get to keep their complete mobility. now along with the removal of disarm and not silence (also ridiculous) hunters are fully capable to kite you and do their entire burn rotation without being stoppable sans hard CC.

    TL;DR - Why is it okay that hunters have full mobility AND can't be disarmed AND are hardly affected by silence while casters have very limited mobility now AND can be silenced AND can be interrupted.

    In before hunters are the only way to get gladiator.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Ryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    656
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Ranged-Can-t

    Go complain there. Plenty of answers. No need to drag it here and QQ.

    Also, just laughing at this coming from a warlock.

  3. #3
    Because they are archers and not spellcasters, duh.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    50
    Wait, Hunters can't be disarmed? Has it always been like that, and I in some miraculous way have missed it, or is this a change comin in
    WoD?

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Ryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbelly View Post
    Wait, Hunters can't be disarmed? Has it always been like that, and I in some miraculous way have missed it, or is this a change comin in
    WoD?
    Can and always have been able to be disarmed.

  6. #6
    No more disarms in WoD.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Can and always have been able to be disarmed.
    Good. Now I don't feel as stupid as I did a few minutes ago thinking about all the times I atleast thought I disarmed a hunter.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Tazienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hibernation Cave
    Posts
    142
    Unlike the other ranged classes, a hunter's only real defense is movement. Hence, they can move more than others.

    No shields or real heals, crappy defenses, and many CCs being removed means that kiting is what they have left.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast


  9. #9
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    528
    Halfway through: "Oh lol, it's about PvP. Don't care". ^_^

  10. #10
    Field Marshal azarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    83
    Obviously many of you aren't reading thoroughly. I'm talking about WoD changes. In WoD there will be no more disarms. Likewise, casters (as well as warlocks, for the red herring thrown in by Ryas) are getting huge nerfs to mobility in WoD.

    Thanks for posting the other thread though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Also, just laughing at this coming from a warlock.
    This is for WoD incase you forgot already. Kil'jaeden's cunning as a Cooldown, Fel Flame removed from the game, demonic gateway CD increased and distance reduced. Very, very low mobility for warlocks in WoD actually, so I don't see your point.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,608
    Go play a Hunter if you want a mobile class, I dont cry because healers can heal better than me, so dont you cry about a mobile class being mobile.

  12. #12
    Field Marshal azarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Go play a Hunter if you want a mobile class, I dont cry because healers can heal better than me, so dont you cry about a mobile class being mobile.
    Does it sound like I'm crying? I'm honestly asking how it's fair. Being as I play mostly caster classes, Hunters usually faceroll me due to the excessive amount of burst damage they have, so I know it's not a "hunters do less damage than casters" thing like so many people say. And to be honest, answer me this: if you want me to just go play the OP class instead of questioning why it's so OP, why even bother balancing the game. Just play the OP class and let others suffer. That's a terrible solution buddy.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Obviously many of you aren't reading thoroughly. I'm talking about WoD changes. In WoD there will be no more disarms. Likewise, casters (as well as warlocks, for the red herring thrown in by Ryas) are getting huge nerfs to mobility in WoD.

    Thanks for posting the other thread though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is for WoD incase you forgot already. Kil'jaeden's cunning as a Cooldown, Fel Flame removed from the game, demonic gateway CD increased and distance reduced. Very, very low mobility for warlocks in WoD actually, so I don't see your point.
    Very low mobility....are you kidding? If you want to see low mobility go play a Shaman. Gate was extremely overpowered pvp-wise in MoP, not that it is getting nerfed it is still a decent getaway. Besides you can also spec into a "permanent"(as long as your health remains intact) 50% movement speed increase, baseline teleport, and you can spec into casting on the move.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Does it sound like I'm crying? I'm honestly asking how it's fair. Being as I play mostly caster classes, Hunters usually faceroll me due to the excessive amount of burst damage they have, so I know it's not a "hunters do less damage than casters" thing like so many people say. And to be honest, answer me this: if you want me to just go play the OP class instead of questioning why it's so OP, why even bother balancing the game. Just play the OP class and let others suffer. That's a terrible solution buddy.
    It isn't OP. Blizzard said Hunters will have more cast on the move abilities but, their damage will not be as high as casters. Also, Hunters can spec into an ability that removes the cast on move effect but deals more damage. It is simply a way for classes to have a niche but, via talents they can also opt out of that niche a little, in order to gain more damage. Same way locks can sacrifice damage for mobility with KJC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Ryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    656
    They never actually said our damage would be lower. We do less "OMG THAT HURT" damage, and more consistent because we aren't casters.

    You know why we can move? Because most of our shit is instant and we don't have infinite mana bars. And when we run out of focus, we use an ability that hits like a wet noodle to regenerate it. If our damage is lower in PvE because of it, I'd rather be forced to stand still.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    They never actually said our damage would be lower. We do less "OMG THAT HURT" damage, and more consistent because we aren't casters.

    You know why we can move? Because most of our shit is instant and we don't have infinite mana bars. And when we run out of focus, we use an ability that hits like a wet noodle to regenerate it. If our damage is lower in PvE because of it, I'd rather be forced to stand still.
    He said your stationary dps won't be as good as others but, your mobility damage will for the most part be better than casters. He said in an interviewer the reason Hunters don't have baseline damage cds is because they have more mobility.
    Last edited by shamantime; 2014-08-31 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Does it sound like I'm crying? I'm honestly asking how it's fair. Being as I play mostly caster classes, Hunters usually faceroll me due to the excessive amount of burst damage they have, so I know it's not a "hunters do less damage than casters" thing like so many people say. And to be honest, answer me this: if you want me to just go play the OP class instead of questioning why it's so OP, why even bother balancing the game. Just play the OP class and let others suffer. That's a terrible solution buddy.
    Yes. it is fair. You wanna have mobility - play one. I said that before and I will say it again....Hunters are not casters. You probably know that IRL you can run and shoot, right? but have you ever seen any caster in any fantasy/lore movie to cast any spells on the run? I doubt that. Beside that, pulling a trigger takes 1/100 sec not 3 secs or less to cast a spell.

  17. #17
    Field Marshal azarak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Yes. it is fair. You wanna have mobility - play one. I said that before and I will say it again....Hunters are not casters. You probably know that IRL you can run and shoot, right? but have you ever seen any caster in any fantasy/lore movie to cast any spells on the run? I doubt that. Beside that, pulling a trigger takes 1/100 sec not 3 secs or less to cast a spell.
    I've seen this excuse so many times, hunters can cast and move because it fits their class description. I get that, but does that make it fair? That's what this thread is for. this argument is invalid. Also yes you can shoot and run IRL. If you want it to be that realistic lets give hunters a 50% miss chance if they shoot and run. XD

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    They never actually said our damage would be lower. We do less "OMG THAT HURT" damage, and more consistent because we aren't casters.

    You know why we can move? Because most of our shit is instant and we don't have infinite mana bars. And when we run out of focus, we use an ability that hits like a wet noodle to regenerate it. If our damage is lower in PvE because of it, I'd rather be forced to stand still.
    That does make it fair then, honestly its just the full mobility WITH crazy burst that really gets to me.

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    The crazy burst mostly comes from one spec, BM, which gets said burst from CCable guardians/pets. That's more than fair. No hunter spec really applies crazy pressure from the hunter him/herself.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    I've seen this excuse so many times, hunters can cast and move because it fits their class description. I get that, but does that make it fair? That's what this thread is for. this argument is invalid. Also yes you can shoot and run IRL. If you want it to be that realistic lets give hunters a 50% miss chance if they shoot and run. XD

    - - - Updated - - -



    That does make it fair then, honestly its just the full mobility WITH crazy burst that really gets to me.
    That's what you have hit rating for....

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Ryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    656
    What he said. And most of BM's damage comes from CD's like stampede and what not. And guess what, stampede is a talent that no BM hunter will take over blink strikes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •