Thread: gear question

gear question

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jxcrash/simple
    okay so there is my armory i have the heroic tier chest and both the other hwf shoulders is it worth putting the heroic tier chest back on and swapping my tier shoulders for hwf shoulders either the crit mastery or haste mastery i have both

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This question would be very easily answered by a cursory glance through the guide or other posts. It also helps to post what spec your talking about, which I assume is WW after looking through your armory.

The answer, which Pretty much anywhere on these forums can tell you, is that tier shoulders and the chest you gave are BiS as the other options have mastery on them and mastery is WW's least useful stat.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I was told tier legs + gloves was the best combo, with hcwf shoulders, chest and helm as offpieces?

Not saying you're wrong, and I'm always eager to improve, could you link 'proof' to back up your statement Babylonius? I couldn't find a BiS list anywhere for ww really.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-07-05 at 11:53 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I was told tier legs + gloves was the best combo, with hcwf shoulders, chest helm as offpieces?
    You were told wrong, for 2 piece its Shoulders and Legs, avoiding mastery at all costs is the best dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verytrickyx View Post
    You were told wrong, for 2 piece its Shoulders and Legs, avoiding mastery at all costs is the best dps.
    But past comfortable haste, soft crit cap won't we want mastery anyway? Again, if you have a BiS list, please link it, I'd love to see it.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

But past comfortable haste, soft crit cap won't we want mastery anyway? Again, if you have a BiS list, please link it, I'd love to see it.
    Please do a forum search for gearing information. There is no such thing as a crit soft cap as far as gearing is concerned. BiS lists vary, but there was a thread created a month or two ago that dealt with the topic of BiS. I'd encourage you to do a forum search to find both the BiS thread and a litany of posts in the WW sticky that deal with gearing and stat weights.

Sorry if I sound rude, but all of your posts in this thread have contained misinformation that could harm uninformed readers. Please do your research before you post things.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-07-05 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    Please do a forum search for gearing information. There is no such thing as a crit soft cap as far as gearing is concerned. BiS lists vary, but there was a thread created a month or two ago that dealt with the topic of BiS. I'd encourage you to do a forum search to find both the BiS thread and a litany of posts in the WW sticky that deal with gearing and stat weights.

Sorry if I sound rude, but all of your posts in this thread have contained misinformation that could harm uninformed readers. Please do your research before you post things.
    Thats fair enough; I'm fairly new to WW myself so happy to be properly informed where possible. Having read all of the 'ww guide' if you scroll down to stat prio's it mentions AoC, haste and then crit. It never says if AoC is better or not, or that it skill based. But it clearly states crit soft cap for 2h and 1h. Apparently this threw me off, and perhaps needs changing?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Thats fair enough; I'm fairly new to WW myself so happy to be properly informed where possible. Having read all of the 'ww guide' if you scroll down to stat prio's it mentions AoC, haste and then crit. It never says if AoC is better or not, or that it skill based. But it clearly states crit soft cap for 2h and 1h. Apparently this threw me off, and perhaps needs changing?
    There is, 'technically', a crit soft cap. It occurs for DW at around 60%, but it only applies to your white hits. It has to do with how the combat table works with glancing blows. In any case, special attacks can continue to crit past that point. Since your white hits only account for 20% or less of your damage, the value of crit doesn't decrease enough for mastery to overtake it in value until you hit 103% crit with raid buffs (which is impossible).

The OP isn't the only thing you should be reading in the sticky. The most recent 20 or 30 pages contain pertinent information and answer questions about gearing, stat weights, and how to manage your rotation in SoO. I'd suggest doing a search in the sticky for gearing information that pertains to trinkets and stat weights.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-07-05 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did that, and feel I've learnt alot. Thanks. Dropped 2k haste to crit, and now have a couple of gear changes in mind (mostly tier gloves to norushen hands, and off shoulders to tier). Looking forward to next weeks raid to try it out (and my newly 4/4 TED) =D
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guide thread answers nearly constantly that AoC is BiS but skill based and so difficult to use that it falls in priority for all but the best players who want to make their lives difficult for a little more dps.

There is no single "BiS List" because of reforging and the variety of pieces. Whoever told you that Tier gloves/shoulders were best was very very wrong and nowhere on this forum will you find support for that.

If you want "proof" to back up my statements then feel free to look throughout these forums where there are numerous posts and theorycrafting supporting me as well as my own armory/rankings and the other top WW monks who nearly all follow the math and theory behind it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch