Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You can teach your dog how to behave, that is what dog schools do...

Some people....
    LOL ok, so we got the responses: Hit it with your hands or yell at it, just dont use your feet; Scold it, but dont hit it or it will bite you in the future.. maybe; and (my personal favorite) take it to dog school.

Brilliant.

Have any of you Champions of the K-9 cause ever owned or properly trained a dog? If you met my dog, you would be damned impressed with him, and yes i've had to dog-punch him in the dog-head for a few reasons over the years, but never more than once for the same reason. Am i a bad person? Maybe, in your eyes, thats fine, but I've got a great, well trained dog. His name is Hank, he is an American Bulldog X Beagle. He was the hardest dog i've had to raise due to stubborness, but my methods are proven. Do i walk in the door after a long day and dog-punch him cause i had a bad day? No. But if i came home and the garbage is all over the house. Yes.. Yes id beat him good. I've only come home to a garbage wreck once, when he was about a year old, today i could leave a T-Bone steak 5 feet away from him and it would still be there when I get home. Stern owners raise good dogs. Pansy ass owners raise little muts that shit everywhere and do what ever they want. Kinda like kids, but thats a whole different mess of a subject...

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    mind your own damn business would be my suggestion, dog needs a beating sometimes, they don't understand reasoning like a person does.
    Please don't ever get a pet or have a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Khetagurov View Post
    i would suggest that you mind your own business, a few kicks won't hurt a dog in the slightest, and he might have a good reason for doing it.
    I'd suggest quite a few things to be done about people like you

There is no good reason to kick a dog, because a) the owner missed out on certain dog training b) the dog copies the behavior of his owner or c) the owner didn't make the right precautions, so in the end it is always your fault.

15+ Year Old Account
    mind your own damn business would be my suggestion, dog needs a beating sometimes, they don't understand reasoning like a person does.
    And people wonder why I have zero faith in humanity anymore. Just because it's an animal and you think you're superior to it doesn't mean that is grounds to beat the animal when it does something wrong. If you did something wrong at work, would you like your bosses to kick you repeatedly? Think about that.

There's plenty of ways to teach a dog that something is wrong. Kicking is not one of them. If you think it is, my only hope is that one day soon you just get hit by a bus so the rest of the world doesn't have to live with you, anymore.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

So dog eats your _______. Or shits on your ______. What are going to do? Talk to it? Send it to its room? Take away its favorite toy?

Please inform me how you punish a dog properly, so as to use logic as you put it.

I would put my stuff away so the dog cannot eat it. I would also take it out more often because taking it out to use the bathroom room is part of the responsibility of having a dog. If I am not taking it out enough or have not trained it properly that is my fault, not the dogs.

My dog lived to be 14 before I put him to sleep 3 years ago. Never once hit/kicked him. Never. Ever.

LOL ok, so we got the responses: Hit it with your hands or yell at it, just dont use your feet; Scold it, but dont hit it or it will bite you in the future.. maybe; and (my personal favorite) take it to dog school.

Brilliant.

Have any of you Champions of the K-9 cause ever owned or properly trained a dog? If you met my dog, you would be damned impressed with him, and yes i've had to dog-punch him in the dog-head for a few reasons over the years, but never more than once for the same reason. Am i a bad person? Maybe, in your eyes, thats fine, but I've got a great, well trained dog. His name is Hank, he is an American Bulldog X Beagle. He was the hardest dog i've had to raise due to stubborness, but my methods are proven. Do i walk in the door after a long day and dog-punch him cause i had a bad day? No. But if i came home and the garbage is all over the house. Yes.. Yes id beat him good. I've only come home to a garbage wreck once, when he was about a year old, today i could leave a T-Bone steak 5 feet away from him and it would still be there when I get home. Stern owners raise good dogs. Pansy ass owners raise little muts that shit everywhere and do what ever they want. Kinda like kids, but thats a whole different mess of a subject...
    I'll skip this post and start a conversation with my cat, she seems more capable of a rational thought.

The whole purpose of a dog school is to train a dog, dude.

I'd suggest quite a few things to be done about people like you

There is no good reason to kick a dog, because a) the owner missed out on certain dog training b) the dog copies the behavior of his owner or c) the owner didn't make the right precautions, so in the end it is always your fault.
    well, aren't you a tough guy?

i have an 18 month old black lab, his name is erik, he is happy, friendly, healthy, and well-adjusted, and if he misbehaves to an extreme and ignores verbal cues, he gets an occasional slap, and you know what? he's a better dog for it.

Brilliant.

There are other ways to get a dog to do what you want. Your dog doesn't listen to you. He does what you want him to or you'll hit him again. If you were to drop dead, he likely wouldn't be as cooperative.

But hey, yours works for you, ours works for us. You can call us pansies, but we can sure as hell call you a monster and what is wrong with the human race as a whole.

PS: Try teaching a kid to use the toilet by smacking him around. You'll have 2 government agencies on your doorstep in a week.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    There's plenty of ways to teach a dog that something is wrong. Kicking is not one of them. If you think it is, my only hope is that one day soon you just get hit by a bus so the rest of the world doesn't have to live with you, anymore.
    So because he is ok with that type of discipline on a dog you want him to die ...

i have an 18 month old black lab, his name is erik, he is happy, friendly, healthy, and well-adjusted, and if he misbehaves to an extreme and ignores verbal cues, he gets an occasional slap, and you know what? he's a better dog for it.
    Occasional slap isn't the same thing as hauling off and beating the dog. The guy he was replying to (as well as the guy the OP is talking about to the best of our knowledge) advocate beating the shit out of a dog for misbehaving.

Occasional slap equals multiple kicks? Well, aren't you a clever guy?

I'm pretty sure you're all getting trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're all getting trolled.
    Except I know people who do that shit. It may be a troll, but that doesn't change the fact that there are people out there that do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    And people wonder why I have zero faith in humanity anymore. Just because it's an animal and you think you're superior to it doesn't mean that is grounds to beat the animal when it does something wrong. If you did something wrong at work, would you like your bosses to kick you repeatedly? Think about that.

This is great, you would hope to see a human be hit by a bus rather than a dog get kicked for a reason that was never specified. You sir are a sick fuck.

Occasional slap equals multiple kicks? Well, aren't you a clever guy?
    OP (who's probably trolling) didn't mention the dog's behaviour, how hard it got kicked, or how often. assuming the dog wasn't chained to a fence and being kicked like a football, i'm still saying it sounds more like it was discipline rather than abuse. i'd give mine a toe-end in the ribs if i felt i had no other recourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ username to post ratio.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree 100% and don't feed it for a day or 3. Pets are there for our amusement and sometimes a kick to the face is needed.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account

Brilliant.

Well you are just lovely. I would not trust that dog. He wont touch your T-Bone steak because of fear not obedience. There is a difference between stern and abusive aswell.

OP (who's probably trolling) didn't mention the dog's behaviour, how hard it got kicked, or how often. assuming the dog wasn't chained to a fence and being kicked like a football, i'm still saying it sounds more like it was discipline rather than abuse. i'd give mine a toe-end in the ribs if i felt i had no other recourse.
    The post is 1 line long, how do you manage to skip the several times part?

Call police / animal care center?.
    That moron probably has a lower IQ then my shoe size. Since he has no idea how to raise dogs.