Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Meat can be consumed without abusing the animal. I don't think our carnivore friends should be labelled "abusive" just because we disagree with what food they eat. Many farms across the world raise animals as ethically as possible, the one I get my eggs from being an example. Hunters who consume their own venison are actually necessary to help game populations in the U.S. (Take deer for example, nearly all their predators have been culled or displaced. If their main predator - Human, all became Vegan, they'd burst in population to the point where they deplete their resources - to extinction)

If you want to fight animal abuse, target factory farms like Tyson and Butterball, not meat-eaters in general. These factory farms raise animals in deplorable conditions and care more about the $$$ than the animals that end up on our dinner plates.
    Thank you for not jumping on the "meat eaters are evil" bandwagon. Some of us to care about animals. I get my meat and eggs from humanely raised, free range animals one town over from where I live. Not just because they treat animals much better than factory farms do, but because it's healthier for my husband and I, and it's really not that expensive as long as we apply portion control.

Torture of any animal is sick and wrong, pet or food, does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    mind your own damn business would be my suggestion, dog needs a beating sometimes, they don't understand reasoning like a person does.
    Die in a fire.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question to the mods. It's it okay to advocate violence against animals? Are we really going to consider ourselves an intellectual forum when it's not against the rules to say it's okay to torture and harm animals? If so we should really stop as a community with the "we're better than other forums" mentality that we like to parade around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Question to the mods. It's it okay to advocate violence against animals? Are we really going to consider ourselves an intellectual forum when it's not against the rules to say it's okay to torture and harm animals? If so we should really stop as a community with the "we're better than other forums" mentality that we like to parade around here.
    What you and others consider torture or harm seems to be the issue. It doesn't help the case much when many of the replies to threads saying it is ok to hit a dog or animal is followed up with things like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Die in a fire.
    or suggestions that the person that hit the animal should be hit as well. Where do you draw the line? Aggression verse the animal isn't ok but it is against the person? Say an onlooker sees that violence does it now mean they can attack the person that is acting like they are sticking up for the dog?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    or suggestions that the person that hit the animal should be hit as well. Where do you draw the line? Aggression verse the animal isn't ok but it is against the person? Say an onlooker sees that violence does it now mean they can attack the person that is acting like they are sticking up for the dog?
    One is against a creature that hasn't perpetrated violence, the other is against a creature that has.

If I see someone attacking an animal with no apparent reason (ie: the animal isn't currently biting someone's face) and they don't respond to verbal commands to stop, you can be damn sure I'd step in physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    One is against a creature that hasn't perpetrated violence, the other is against a creature that has.

If I see someone attacking an animal with no apparent reason (ie: the animal isn't currently biting someone's face) and they don't respond to verbal commands to stop, you can be damn sure I'd step in physically.
    Ok so then I walk up and just see you beating somebody does that mean I get to jump in and now beat you? You can't punish a behavior by doing that to the person/thing you are punishing.

Deleted
    mind your own damn business would be my suggestion, dog needs a beating sometimes, they don't understand reasoning like a person does.
    They could use a tick some times much as with children..a tick that adds to the shock effect. It should never hurt, if you hurt an animal to teach it something your doing it wrong. When my dogs used to do something really wrong we simply gave it a small tick on the tip of their nose (most sensitive spot for a dog).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ok so then I walk up and just see you beating somebody does that mean I get to jump in and now beat you? You can't punish a behavior by doing that to the person/thing you are punishing.
    Who says you have to beat him up, pushing him aside even in a small manner often is enough. A push can bring a person to his senses when he isn't listening. Don't do it when hes simply ignoring you because he doesn't care though, push a person who is clear in mind and aggressive might turn into a fight.

If I caught a dog in the act of doing something bad, had one jump on me/bite me, I'd give it a good boot. Of course it won't do much good to punish an animal after the fact. They won't know why you are punishing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    They could use a tick some times much as with children..a tick that adds to the shock effect. It should never hurt, if you hurt an animal to teach it something your doing it wrong. When my dogs used to do something really wrong we simply gave it a small tick on the tip of their nose (most sensitive spot for a dog).

- - - Updated - - -

Who says you have to beat him up, pushing him aside even in a small manner often is enough. A push can bring a person to his senses when he isn't listening. Don't do it when hes simply ignoring you because he doesn't care though, push a person who is clear in mind and aggressive might turn into a fight.
    Look at the thread I was replying to and the one prior to that. I am saying that you don't attack the person either way. People saying you can't beat the dog yet should beat the owner are guilty of the same things the dog owner is. Or you can look at a few lines completely out of context and yammer on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant believe how stupid people are on here. I would have definitely confronted the guy. No animal deserves to be punished with physical abuse. I would have also recorded it if I was helpless to help the animal and reported it to the correct authorities.

People don't understand that having a pet is a privilege and not a right. - Pets should live indoors and be part of your family they are very clever and loving animals.

I have 5 cats and 1 dog and 1 bird that I share my house with that where all rescued from euthanasia... I would pick them over the life of any stupid human any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i was out walking today and i saw my neighbor kick his sons dog,,,,several times. is there anything i can do to stop him from kicking the dog?
    How old is the son? Is there a mother around? Is it possible either one would become upset hearing about it?

So dog eats your _______. Or shits on your ______. What are going to do? Talk to it? Send it to its room? Take away its favorite toy?

Please inform me how you punish a dog properly, so as to use logic as you put it.
    If you don't consider reasons for those happening then you are the ignorant one here.
    Most dogs do not behave like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.