Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    E.P.I.C.

Eager Pedestrian In Cellar?

10+ Year Old Account
    okay i cant remember the name. but it was in thousand needles before cata. it was when you got sent to this one blood elf female in 1000 needles to try and discover a cure for her addiction to mana. you had to control i think it was a elemental collect 10 elemental samples to make into a potion and at the end of the quest the concoction just ends up accelerating her descent into being a wretched and she somehow transforms back and starts crying about how she will never cure her addiction.
    does anybody remember the name of this quest?
    also the dk starter quest where you meet your races designated childhood friend you have to kill.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-07-06 at 08:54 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    war of the shifting sands quest line

sooooo long soo rewarding

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27779/gnomebliteration

Who doesn't love killing 1000 pesky Gnomes as a giant fire ball.

Deleted
    the Ahn'Qiraji quest

Deleted
    Hercular's revenge maybe? Before the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy23 View Post
    I would say this quest line within icecrown http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13068

Here is the video explaining why the quest is so personal to blizzard:

And a short rundown of the quest:

Yeah I was going to say this one, it's insanely deep if you know the back story.

I think the SI:7 quest chain in Jade Forest deserves an honorable mention, if only for Gizmo and Socks. I also really enjoyed the warlock's green fire line, possibly because I was really under-geared the first time I tried it (could BARELY kill the first boss), and even after I geared up a bit, the last boss was still quite a challenge.

The challenge (brought by being under-geared) is probably why I enjoyed one of the first steps of the Legendary Daggers questline in Cata, where you had to infiltrate Gilneas. I was an under-geared rogue and it really took everything in my toolbox to be able to sneak in all the way to the boss and then kill him. I didn't use a guide...which probably explains why it took so long just to get to the boss. Also in Cata, I enjoyed the Battle for Andorhal quest line, on both Alliance and Horde. Thassarian is probably one of my favorite NPCs, so that was a plus for the Alliance side. I always felt like Koltira was a pansy, and there was much evil laughter to be had when Sylvanas captured him at the end. C:<

In Cata, I went from hating Darkshore to adoring it, or at least the first half of the zone. I had an invested interest in those characters, recognizing them from pre-Cata...it was really cool. As Horde, I absolutely suggest that everyone go through Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad Foothills, regardless of race. Not only is leveling ridiculously fast in those zones (I remember averaging something like 5 minutes per level in HBF), Silverpine Forest is epic, and Hillsbrad Foothills is absolutely hilarious and definitely worth running through the end of Orkus' line.

Of course, I especially enjoyed any quest that involved Thassarian in Wrath. I also really loved that as a DK, you meet and interact with all these NPCs that you're already familiar with, and the sense of importance surrounding your character that you don't really get anywhere else in the game. The first time I played a DK was after a really long break, so I didn't get the connection between the NPCs I was interacting with and the rest of the game...but when I remade a DK in Cata after having played a while, I was like "wait a minute...I know that guy!"

TBC is tough for me because I didn't like that expansion as a whole...I don't remember many quests from there that I particularly liked. I will say I did enjoy the little Simon Says game in Blade's Edge, but I don't think that counts as "epic"...

And in Vanilla, hands down my favorite was the questline for Benediction, notably the Eastern Plaguelands event. I wish it was still available simply because my memory of the quest is fading and all I really remember is not being allowed help and having to heal/dispel friendlies before they died, though I suppose it would have lost its challenge by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody remembers the super awesome chain in Duskwood back in Vanilla? I'm a Horde for life but even I'll acknowledge the super awesome level that chain had.

Hate me but I also liked Karazhan attunement.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'll hate to admit this, I finished every quest in Scholazar Basin without even realizing it till the achievement popped up. Guess I liked a lot of quests in that zone.

The BRD key quest was pretty awesome.

I think this will take the cake, Zul'farak mallet quest chain. That shit took it to another level.
    Hey everyone

I'm interpreting "Epic" to mean "exciting, inspiring and/or leaving a lasting effect on the player."

It's gotta be The Savior of Stoneplow. (video)
    The quest text (appearing at 2:55) followed by the events ahead are just phenomenal.

(Honorable mention of Bridenbrad because he was the very essence of a Paladin.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
    Nobody remembers the super awesome chain in Duskwood back in Vanilla? I'm a Horde for life but even I'll acknowledge the super awesome level that chain had.

Hate me but I also liked Karazhan attunement.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'll hate to admit this, I finished every quest in Scholazar Basin without even realizing it till the achievement popped up. Guess I liked a lot of quests in that zone.

The BRD key quest was pretty awesome.

I think this will take the cake, Zul'farak mallet quest chain. That shit took it to another level.
    The zf chain was great and of course there was a quest reward in there that people loved... Carrot on a stick... FTW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markie6 View Post
    The zf chain was great and of course there was a quest reward in there that people loved... Carrot on a stick... FTW
    i still have that in my bank....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i still have that in my bank....
    Yes me too .... I have loads of old stuff in there , 2/3 pieces of the ubrs key thingy ... my ony attunement item...

one day I will have a clear out

The missing diplomat when it worked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've done every quest in the game both pre- and post-Shattering. There were a lot of great quests, but to this day this one remains my favourite, pity it's gone now:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=5944/in-dreams
    yeah this was a great quest, and great fighting at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Seosaimhin View Post
    I think the SI:7 quest chain in Jade Forest deserves an honorable mention, if only for Gizmo and Socks. I also really enjoyed the warlock's green fire line, possibly because I was really under-geared the first time I tried it (could BARELY kill the first boss), and even after I geared up a bit, the last boss was still quite a challenge.
    Agree with both. Jade Forest in general was pretty good, and I think the Alliance questline there is actually slightly better. You're there on an actual mission with a purpose, whereas the Horde are more disorganised and just fighting to survive (and okay, you have a mission there too - but its more less focused, its "go grab this land and kill Alliance" rather then "find the Prince of Stormwind and bring him home safely").

Battle of Darrowmere quest chain, from vanilla. Started and ended with the ghost of a child that clearly didn't know she was dead. Just an awesome, emotional, brilliant piece of story-telling and games design. One of the reasons I hated Cata so much was what they did to replace that chain in EPL.

Anyone that believes that WoW is somehow limited in what it can do with questing, which means it's acceptable to have bland, boring content, needs to go back and relive that on a vanilla server somewhere. If you missed it, you missed something amazing.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic:
    Duskwood leading up to Stitches.
    Eastern Plaguelands dealing with Tirion.
    Plaguelands Battle of Darrowmere.
    Duskwood Legend of Stalvan.
    Un'Goro Crater Link.

Wrath:
    Most of the Icecrown (Thassarian was a great character here especially) and Storm Peak quests, to be honest.
    The main line in Coldarra.
    The main line in Zul'Drak, dealing with the loa.
    The beginning quests in Howling Fjord.
    Chain leading up to Undercity Battle in Dragonblight.

Cataclysm:
    Pretty much all of Vashj'ir.
    Chain dealing with the Ancients in Hyjal.

Pandaria:
    The main Alliance line running through Jade Forest.
    Most of Kun-Lai Summit.
    The line following the paragons in Dread Wastes.
    The main Alliance chain of Krasarang Wilds.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28250

Thieving Little Pluckers!!

booga booga booga!! **Boom goes the hammer**

This is the best ever!! And it's repeatable.
    Last edited by Faenavi; 2014-07-06 at 03:41 PM.

Vanilla: The original Duskwood. It was my favorite zone with my favorite stories, in particular the Morbent Fel chain.

TBC: Hanging out with Khadgar's servant.

Cata: I don't remember if the quest chains intertwine but Cata introduced a new/updated series of pirate quests to STV that were a blast and I really dug the chain that culminates in the defense of Booty Bay. Fiona's Caravan is a good one. I thought Vashjr was effective in setting up a story that felt bigger than you, what with all the Old God and Naga civilization stuff.

MoP: The Alliance chain in Jade Forest starts off a little shaky in the intro quests but it actually becomes pretty engrossing and funny. Highlights off the top of my head would be painting the mural, the Jade Witch, and the SI:7 stuff. The short Hidden Master chain in Valley is great. Bad yak.