Lunar Inspiration

How can this even become a functional talent? Either it is higher DPE than standard feral attacks in which case it is all you ever use or it is lower DPE in which case you never use it except at range which would next to useless.

Or one might imagine that the CP builder priority will look something like this: 1) cast rake only to maintain its periodic damage effect; 2) cast moonfire only to maintain its periodic damage effect; 3) cast shred.

You seem to have completely missed that MF is a DoT.

Yes the DoT portion should take care of that on single target fights. Shouldn't post when I should be sleeping. How will they balance this talent? Usually talents that are passive or provide utility have less DPS. It seems likely that Savagery will be the lowest DPS talent. Bloody Talons will almost always be paired with DoC and LI would most likely be paired with NV since you would have an extra DoT to manage. From the feedback I've seen so far NV is very underwhelming in its healing. How many players would stick with Bloody Talons if LI was the highest DPS talent?

Why are we pairing the dps talents with the healing talents?

Bloody Talons will obviously be paired with DoC. Yes its possible to take a different level 90 talent but as the talents stand now I think everybody would agree that is very unlikely. LI has more flexibility to pair with different level 90 talents but HotW is terribad currently and since there is an extra DoT to manage and the rotation includes an extra GCD it seems NV would usually be taken over DoC. If it turns out the rotation is really slow in WoD then taking DoC would be a more likely option. If you want a more Apples to Apples comparison - if DoC were taken with both which one should put out higher DPS, Lunar Inspiration or Bloody Talons?

There's no reason to pair Bloodtalons with Dream of Cenarius. If anything, there's a slight preference not to: Dream of Cenarius makes your casted heals stronger, while Bloodtalons restricts when you can cast them (effectively making them weaker).

Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    There's no reason to pair Bloodtalons with Dream of Cenarius. If anything, there's a slight preference not to: Dream of Cenarius makes your casted heals stronger, while Bloodtalons restricts when you can cast them (effectively making them weaker).
    True but I think that is heavily outweighed by the number of times Bloodtalons will be casting healing touch and the huge buff DoC gives to healing touch.

Looking at the LI Moonfire damage compared to Rake I assume this hasn't been tuned yet. It looks like Moonfire is doing one third the damage or Rake and that is not counting Mastery. Not sure how they will address the scaling issue unless they are able to make the Moonfire DoT effected my Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    True but I think that is heavily outweighed by the number of times Bloodtalons will be casting healing touch and the huge buff DoC gives to healing touch.

Looking at the LI Moonfire damage compared to Rake I assume this hasn't been tuned yet. It looks like Moonfire is doing one third the damage or Rake and that is not counting Mastery. Not sure how they will address the scaling issue unless they are able to make the Moonfire DoT effected my Mastery.
    You won't necessarily be casting HT any more with talons than without, unless you're just plain ignoring PS procs in the latter case, I don't think it will outweigh using a heal when you actually need to heal and not when it's most convenient for dps.

Moonfire damage scaling, I dunno, damage based off ap + ticks affected by haste?

[QUOTE=Kojo;28052352]You won't necessarily be casting HT any more with talons than without, unless you're just plain ignoring PS procs in the latter case, I don't think it will outweigh using a heal when you actually need to heal and not when it's most convenient for dps.
    /QUOTE]

Last I saw DoC will heal yourself and another target so it's much more likely a heal will be beneficial.

You aren't casting more heals with Bloodtalons than you are with Lunar Inspiration.