Deleted

Best place to farm Silk Cloth

Hello. I apologise for the rather boring thread, but does anyone know the best place to farm Silk Cloth? I've looked around but people have different opinions and I'm not entirely sure which place is best.

Thank you.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=4306/silk-cloth#comments

Blackhoof Village, Dustwallow Marsh:
    This spot is THE best. Blackhoof Village is very tiny -- takes maybe 30 seconds to walk through end to end, but the respawn rate on mobs is insanely fast (30-60 seconds usually, sometimes faster). For reference, one loop around the village took me about 3 minutes, killing and looting included. I constantly saw them spawning right in front of me, and sometimes my cooldowns couldn't even keep up. However, they're lowish level mobs (32 I think) and not very aggressive, so it's a really easy area to farm. I farmed here for about 2 hours and I got:
    420 Silk Cloth
    30 Mageweave Cloth
    1 blue
    9 greens
    1 recipe
    If you need Silk Cloth, this is the place to go. Even if you don't stay very long, you'll leave with a ton of mats. If you go here, you definitely won't need to go anywhere else for Silk Cloth, and you'll have plenty to put on the AH. Equip large bags before going though, or prepare to drop things while there. I'd advise you clean out your bags first and store anything you don't absolutely need in the bank if you're looking to farm a lot.

Uldaman, Badlands:
    Second best that I've found. I spent about 10-15 minutes farming on my way in, and then about an hour inside. I hadn't done this one in forever, so I got a bit lost. If you know the instance, it'll probably be quicker. Some of the boss fights took awhile, but they're not hard. If you're higher level, you can probably run through and one-shot most things. The drop rates were very good here, in my opinion. An hour and 15 minutes gave me:
    129 Silk Cloth
    55 Mageweave Cloth
    6 blues
    1 greens
    If you're looking to get a lot of silk and some mageweave, and are willing to spend some time, this is a good spot. Most mobs were dropping either Silk Cloth or Mageweave Cloth, and I got quite a few weapons and armor to DE along the way.

Scarlet Monastery, Tirisfal Glades:
    I first ran through the Forlorn Cloister area of SM. It took me about 16 minutes total, from start to finish. After that, I headed to the Library Wing. For about 34 minutes worth of farming, my total was:
    93 Silk Cloth
    39 Wool
    7 blues
    2 greens
    IMO, it's an okay drop rate. Just over half an hour will get you almost 5 stacks of Silk Cloth alone. Not the first place I'd go, but it's definitely not the worst. If you don't need a ton of Silk Cloth, this might be a good place; it's pretty quick to get through.

Gnomeregan, Dun Morogh:
    I got about 20 minutes into this and then gave up. The drop rates were bad, at least in my experience. In 20 minutes of farming, I had:
    19 Silk Cloth
    1 Wool
    1 blue
    2 greens
    Keep in mind, this is less than half of what I got in Scarlet Monastery in slightly more time. Not worth it, and I wouldn't recommend going there to farm Silk Cloth.

Gahrron's Withering, Western Plaguelands:
    I found this place on a WoW leveling guide site. It said to farm the Haunting Visions and Wailing Deaths. For ~20 minutes worth of farming, I ended up with almost nothing. I got:
    4 Silk Cloth
    A few silver & copper
    This is NOT a good place to go whatsoever. The drop rates are extremely low and there's not many mobs. Note that the same guide had the Cult-Sworn Pugilists and Cult-Sworn Warlocks as mobs to farm (they are north of Gahrron's Withering), but I didn't bother going after how dismal my results were in the first area. This may have been a good area previously, I don't know; if so, it got seriously nerfed.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't people get it also from that spot in the vale? With all the butterflies? Nvm that's different cloth :P
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2014-07-05 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I farmed mine in Death's Step in Eastern Plaguelands, a lot of mobs standing together in groups so its easy to AoE. You may find some competition though.

Otherwise I'd say Scarlet Monastery or Uldaman if you prefer running dungeons.

the best and easier is the Scarlet Monastery because there is no chance to have competition on mobs. You can mount up and clear all instance in 3 pulls... getting 60-70 cloth each run (5 min).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Ah, Silk Cloth, I thought Imperial Silk. Nevertheless, I shall spill my expertise on Imperial Silk.

The best way to farm imperial silk, is farming Mogu's near Guo Lai Halls. If you use a Potion of Luck, you will for starters earn some easy motes of Harmony and lots and lots of windwool cloth. Keep clearing those mobs for the Guo Lai keys. After farming there a lot, the chance of getting an Imperial Silk cloth in a Guo Lai chest is about 15-20%, I'm not sure, but assume only as a tailor. Each hour you will loot about 30-40 keys, about 100-120 motes and more cloth then usefull. So you will farm about 8 cloth an hour.

If bags still sell for good prices, and you are short a few skyshards for your Alani mount (I guess it was just luck, but last week I had 3 drops within an hour, then 2 hours of nothing), you will gain about 2-3k an hour just on bgas, not counting all the excess herbs, ores, etc from looting and potion of luck chests, also do not underestimate the amount of gold you will loot. If you are not an AH Goblin, and like to farm your wealth, this is a very lucrative way for the busy bee's out there.