Deleted

Question Mistweaver just ReM?

Coming from my resto shaman healing since BC.

I kinda liked the versatility of the class (dd/tank/heal) and mobility, so decided to give it a go. Helaing in 5mans was a no brainer, even more now that everybody is just rushing through. Been doing the LFRs up to Garrosh and somehow I kinda miss the broad healing choices I had on my shaman.
    It boils down to ReM and Uplift spammage with some cocooning, Chi Wave and Revival.
    I barely touch EM+SuM, although I really like the idea of instant casting while canneling etc

Am I doing somthing wrong or is it just it?

Quote Originally Posted by ghorron View Post
    Coming from my resto shaman healing since BC.

I kinda liked the versatility of the class (dd/tank/heal) and mobility, so decided to give it a go. Helaing in 5mans was a no brainer, even more now that everybody is just rushing through. Been doing the LFRs up to Garrosh and somehow I kinda miss the broad healing choices I had on my shaman.
    It boils down to ReM and Uplift spammage with some cocooning, Chi Wave and Revival.
    I barely touch EM+SuM, although I really like the idea of instant casting while canneling etc

Am I doing somthing wrong or is it just it?
    ReM + Uplift is your main method of raid healing. In 5 and 10 man raids, it's not bad since you can blanket your entire raid with ReM. In 25 mans, its effectiveness drops off since you can't hit everyone with ReM, and without ReM on a target, Uplift does nothing.

EM+SuM does incredible burst healing if you can predict when your tank will need a crapton of healing and precast EM. It eats your mana, though, so there is that.

If you're just doing LFR, you might consider giving fistweaving a try. It's pretty fun and does decent healing in LFR.

Deleted
    I tried some fistweaving, but either I'm doing something horribly wrong or my gear is just way to low as I am OOM very fast (currently at around 510GS with really bad drop luck :-/ ). How should one start fistweaving?

We wanted to give Flex a try with the guild soon and normal afterwards...

7+ Year Old Account
    Jab -> TP -> Jab -> EH -> BoK -> [Jab -> TP] until BoK buff falls off and repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

SCK/RJW should be something you practically spam in 25 mans. The goal right now on 5.4 is to generate chi as fast as humanly possible so you can get more Uplifts, and SCK generates chi just as fast as Soothing does but also has the benefit of doing more healing than a first aid bandage. In the grand scheme of things, Uplift, ReM, and SCK (or RJW if you have the talent) are the only things that do real amounts of healing plus whatever your "Chi ..." talent is.

It's really just a symptom of how the game is right now that no healer actually uses single target heals anymore in anything larger than a 10 man. If you really like the Soothing/Surging/EM thing though, stick around for WoD because they're implementing an alarm that goes off in the class design office if a Mistweaver spends less than half of their time channeling Soothing Mist so that they know to immediately change the spec to make sure that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ghorron View Post
    I tried some fistweaving, but either I'm doing something horribly wrong or my gear is just way to low as I am OOM very fast (currently at around 510GS with really bad drop luck :-/ ). How should one start fistweaving?

We wanted to give Flex a try with the guild soon and normal afterwards...
    Make sure your statue is down near the max amount of people because fist weaving requires it to be effective. I would also suggest using chi brew, espically for fist weaving so you dont have to jab twice ever to get a BoK. BoK on aoe, TP on single target, also something that works quite well if you ask me is while your fist weaving still use ReM on CD, so that if your raid takes alot of damage and you have to you can still use uplift, plus ReM even without uplift does alot of your healing, and that is a free Chi to use for fist weaving every 8 seconds. you never want to Jab twice without using either TP or BoK inbetween because of the mana regen. Jab uses alot of mana but if you TP/BoK after each jab it returns alot of the mana spent on jab.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    If you really like the Soothing/Surging/EM thing though, stick around for WoD because they're implementing an alarm that goes off in the class design office if a Mistweaver spends less than half of their time channeling Soothing Mist so that they know to immediately change the spec to make sure that happens.
    - funny

Deleted
    Optimized my ReM spam a bit and noticed I rarely use TFT, tried to find some ways to weave it in almost on cooldown but in RF it doesn't really matter. Been running Flex1 saturday with 14ppl (iirc). Better than expected but still ... it feels like ONLY Chain Heal spamming on the shaman, with less control and no other heal to throw in besides Chi Wave. For Flex with around 15ppl and then 10man NHC, is ReM the preferred way?

Also tried fistweaving and I'm not sure about the healing output but my mana was a desaster. Are there gear requirements for effective FW? Or special stat priorities?

I assume healing with SM/EM/SuM in 10NHC/HC is a nogo unless heavy overequipped?

What are you trying to ask here? Are you saying that you didn't expect the 8 second cooldown that costs virtually no mana, gives chi, and is an integral part of the spec to be something you should press on cooldown? There is literally no version of playing the game as MW that does not include using ReM on cooldown, it's like saying pressing Holy Shock on cooldown as a Paladin is "the preferred way", it's literally the only way.

It seems like you're just not thinking this through. If ReM has a cooldown, and the Chi talents have cooldowns, maybe you should also be pressing buttons that don't have cooldowns between them? Soothing Mist, Spinning Crane Kick and Uplift are all also heals that you "throw in." Your comparison is weird, ReM is Riptide, no where near Chain Heal. SCK is Chain Heal.

Fistweaving is for doing damage, not for healing. The only caveat is that using Crackling Jade Lightning oddly does more healing than Soothing Mist does.

Mana will be a problem for you until you get the legendary meta gem, like it is for all healers. Then again you really shouldn't even attempt flex or normal mode until then, you just have to do your time-out in LFR for 2 months like everyone else before you can actually function at that level.

The whole point of mistweavers is to find the sweet spot where to do Thunder Focus Tea to maximize your renewing mist coverage for time you need it most.

That is the whole skill cap of this class.

And once you're too geared, you just spam CJL for dps and really fear the day you'll have to level again and lose that sweet sweet dps.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch