Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Trap Hunter- My current deck, based off something I found online with a few changes. All about keeping the board clear and doing constant damage with Eaglehorn bow and the hero power. This has been really strong and a great deal of fun. I'm missing the big closer I see in a lot of decks (Ragnaros or Krush) but I've still been winning around 70% at lower ranks. At about 15 this month so far without playing much.
    I also love to run my Trap Hunter and I also have a pretty good win to loss record around 70-80%. The only thing I hate about it is when I have Freezing Trap, with Misdirection and/or Exploding Trap out at the same time because the game just immediately activates all of them at the same time. What they need to do is fix it where the cards in order of being played go through their entire action and then from their they go in order until either the target card is dead or back in the opponents hand. I hate it because I waste these cards and get almost nothing out of them.

I run all of the usual cards in their the traps, hounds, eaglehorn, buzzard, Hyena, Savanna for some power along with the late game finishers Rag and Krush. I also run Timberwolves to power up hounds and snakes, owl's for some silence, and deadly shots for some hard removal one of the major weaknesses of the deck. Anything you run differently in the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    I also love to run my Trap Hunter and I also have a pretty good win to loss record around 70-80%. The only thing I hate about it is when I have Freezing Trap, with Misdirection and/or Exploding Trap out at the same time because the game just immediately activates all of them at the same time. What they need to do is fix it where the cards in order of being played go through their entire action and then from their they go in order until either the target card is dead or back in the opponents hand. I hate it because I waste these cards and get almost nothing out of them.

I run all of the usual cards in their the traps, hounds, eaglehorn, buzzard, Hyena, Savanna for some power along with the late game finishers Rag and Krush. I also run Timberwolves to power up hounds and snakes, owl's for some silence, and deadly shots for some hard removal one of the major weaknesses of the deck. Anything you run differently in the deck?
    Very few creatures actually... I'm running very similar to a deck I found online... http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/58745...maniac-secrets

I tech around some of the cards depending on what I see myself facing alot.

One not about not actually running UtH and it's friends are people seem to think you do as long as you play hunter. They actually will do my job for me and not overload the board with minions since they are scared of it. You see things like shamans and paladins not using their hero power when they have a few minions out or creatures being held back until they trigger traps.
    Last edited by Orcbert; 2014-07-07 at 06:34 AM.
    Is this where the header goes?

I used to play alot of Shaman and Druid but these days I play some control sham/mage but mostly zoo. Depends on dailies aswell ofc.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I am ranking up I always play decks I cant play at the top. Mostly its fun decks like RNGpriests, Token shaman, AlarmDruid and so forth. When I get to Rank 5 I need to swap to a deck that fits the meta.

Zoo was my main "go-to" ranking deck, but I absolutely hate warlock. Midrange shaman seems to be more stable, even though I'm trying to get my 500 wins on mage to unlock golden Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Im actually tempted to try zoo lock, but i really dont want to be in the herd of people who do.. Hence trying zoo warrior instead.
    You may as well, cancer decks are the majority before high legend ranks. Just remember to always respond to only ever emote with "thank you" and you'll fit right in.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You may as well, cancer decks are the majority before high legend ranks. Just remember to always respond to only ever emote with "thank you" and you'll fit right in.
    Don't forget "sorry" after every SF and DG
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I haven't really fucked with grinding out the ladder in a bit, but I've been playing Miracle recently. Dat 63% winrate doe

If the meta seems too anti-Miracle or I'm emoing out on a bunch of bad draws my fallback is generally Druid since they are very middle of the road with a lot of strong cards that have choices relevant to most situations.

I use a variant of the paladin control deck for all of my play on the ladder. I have tweaked the base control deck based on my play style, what I enjoy and what I find works better for me than the base. I'm not incredible on the ladder but this deck is usually excellent for getting me to where I want to be fairly quickly

Druid Combo, Zoo, and a little bit of Control Paladin when I feel like ranking to double digits. Really though, I just tend to do whatever the daily is, but Druid has been my goto lately.
    Stay salty my friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've just switched to Ramp Druid... the first Druid deck I've played outside of Arena in ages.

Ho... lee... shit. Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I've just switched to Ramp Druid... the first Druid deck I've played outside of Arena in ages.

Ho... lee... shit. Loving it.
    Whoah there buddy, you get back on your Shaman where you belong right meow!

Deleted
    Currently using the following deck to get to rank 10 or better (last two seasons):

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/71391-the-wall

It's very good against rush / Zoo decks (Murloc decks always make me smile when I see one). I would actually appreciate any comments people could give to improve it, as it usually gets dominated by Priests who seem to being showing up more at the lower ranks bracket (20 - 15).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Whoah there buddy, you get back on your Shaman where you belong right meow!
    Druid's a great deck but GODS so many times I'm screaming "A HEX, A HEX, MY KINGDOM FOR A HEX"

I've been dabbling around trying to make decent Paladins decks, and I finally managed to make one that's doing quite well. It's more of a Midrange/Board Control Style that works similar to Zoo and Tempo style decks in that it tries to grab early board control and not let go. I added Equality for big creatures, and in the scenario that you do lose Board Control, Wild Pyromancers to combo with it. I put Harrison in because it's good against all the Rogues on the ladder, and Gorehowl will just ruin your day. It's also good if your opponent copies your Tirion, then you can just kill their Tirion and draw 3 cards. I think it's better than Ooze, because the deck's already heavy on 2 drops. Its weaknesses are Miracle, and Ramp (if they get a good ramp up). There's only a few decks that can counter Miracle anyways though. It does very decent against aggro decks though.

Last edited by muto; 2014-07-11 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a real shame, I love my control paladin deck but paladin really isn't all that great right now and I wasn't doing well ranking up with it.

Right now I'm switching back and forth between ramp druid and savage roar druid depending on who I end up facing the most.

Currently switching between Handlock, Giants mage and Tempo Shaman depending on how much and what form of cancer is around.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be honest here.. I never understood why it's called cancer.. I understand aggro, and hyper aggro, but I don't see the connection to cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm going to be honest here.. I never understood why it's called cancer.. I understand aggro, and hyper aggro, but I don't see the connection to cancer.
    Because people are drama llamas.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Because people are drama llamas.
    That.. Makes a surprising lot of sense.