Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Different npcs have different aggro follow radius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Fade+Spectral Guise.

You're welcome.
    Or roll Nelf. I think all the time about race-changing my two Nelfs to Human so that I can roll with double DPS trinkets but then I think about all the times Shadowmeld has kept me from a walk back to my body and I've not done it yet.

Back when MoP first came out, that wasn't as strictly the case. In particular... catch a bad side of those flaying mantis mobs on the north end of Dread wastes and it was GG.
    Hmmm, that could very well be and I'll take your word for it. I was right there on launch day, rolled my pandaren monk to see what that was all about but I only played long enough to get him out of the starting area and to Stormwind and put the game away pretty much up until whichever patch Timeless Isle was in and decided to level my paladin from 85 to 90. It wasn't until I got to TI that I ever ran into a mob where "elite" meant something again.

I was so disappointed when Blizz nerfed "Overlord" in Hellfire Peninsula. That guy, for that trinket quest, used to be my queue to leave the zone, playing there just long enough to get that chain and quest up to him and be able to solo him on a lvl60 as a sort of rite of passage. He was challenging without being impossible and somehow that was deemed too hard or something. Sad.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-06 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    Or roll Nelf. I think all the time about race-changing my two Nelfs to Human so that I can roll with double DPS trinkets but then I think about all the times Shadowmeld has kept me from a walk back to my body and I've not done it yet.

Hmmm, that could very well be and I'll take your word for it. I was right there on launch day, rolled my pandaren monk to see what that was all about but I only played long enough to get him out of the starting area and to Stormwind and put the game away pretty much up until whichever patch Timeless Isle was in and decided to level my paladin from 85 to 90. It wasn't until I got to TI that I ever ran into a mob where "elite" meant something again.

I was so disappointed when Blizz nerfed "Overlord" in Hellfire Peninsula. That guy, for that trinket quest, used to be my queue to leave the zone, playing there just long enough to get that chain and quest up to him and be able to solo him on a lvl60 as a sort of rite of passage. He was challenging without being impossible and somehow that was deemed too hard or something. Sad.
    There was some kind of mantis mob that was just battlefield filler for some "shoot xxx mobs with a cannon" quest, not intended to be fought hand-to-hand, that came in great numbers, that was also easy to kite for great distances.

So, until Blizzard fixed it, people would run around trailing dozens of these things in a pack, using them like scrubbers on people dirtying up the Klaxxi hub. If the pack was dragged over you, you would die in a GCD or less.

As far as the group quests go, who cares, really. Now we have rares. There is still a problem with rares which is that they are trivially easy for some classes/specs to solo and hugely more difficult/impossible for others. But whatever. You want an unbalanced game that's fair only to certain people, it's still that way, be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    As far as the group quests go, who cares, really. Now we have rares.
    One section of the game, MoP has rares. The "rares" scattered around everywhere else didn't suddenly grow balls.

There is still a problem with rares which is that they are trivially easy for some classes/specs to solo and hugely more difficult/impossible for others. But whatever. You want an unbalanced game that's fair only to certain people, it's still that way, be happy.
    WTF do you jump to that conclusion. I did that thing on rogue, dk, paladin, shammy and mage. I'd say "Overlord" wasn't a chore for anyone unless somehow priests and hunters and warlocks are somehow more dainty and needing to be handled with kit gloves more than a mage. Please.

Removing anything remotely challenging from lower level questing creates milquetoast level cap players who somehow thing Dread Waste was "hard". Not even Timleless Isle is "hard" unless you pull a kilnmaster or one of the really big dog elites.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-07 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Have had this happen a lot on the timeless isle.

Running on my mount. Get pounced and dazed and have to run half across the isle to get out of combat.

This is without doing any damage at all to them (checked logs).

Probably just a bug with some mobs.
    Wish it wasn't a bug, they seem to chase longer an aggro more shit chasing u too...

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Errrr DK's Spriests dont have a spell like that, do they?
    Priests have Spectral Guise, which is essentially their Feign Death.

I've run into a ton of people that don't know what that spell does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had this happen to me on Timeless Isle. I was in the cave and had one of those giant creepy stalker things chase me from deep inside the cave all the way to the fkn celestial court. Never touched it, nobody else ever touched it, and it chased me foreeeeeverrrr. I assume it's a bug or something screwy with the way some mobs are designed.
    Look! Words!