How does flex/10/25 Garrosh work, with Heirlooms?

Are heirlooms guaranteed? can you get a heirloom and a normal piece of gear? Can I get a heirloom for a class/spec thats irrelevant? (leather agi on plate tank)
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not guaranteed, but the chance you'll get one increases per kill for your first one.
    Yes, you can get a heirloom and a normal piece of gear - heirlooms are not "bonus-roll-able".
    No, the first one you get is for your lootspecc. e: After the first one you can get a bow on a not-hunter for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now they are not 100% guaranteed, but you have a good chance of getting one on your first kill. Your first will be for your class/spec, subsequent ones can be anything. The heirlooms are personal loot, in addition to what is dropped by the boss.

When patch 6.0 comes out (the expansion pre-patch, not WOD), you will be 100% guaranteed on the first kill, with a high chance on subsequent kills.

When WOD itself comes out, heirlooms will no longer drop.

My 1st normal garrosh kill the heirloom dropped....wasn't even thinking about it either when it did. Later an axe that will go to my DK dropped. Since then no heirlooms...which is fine. =p If you don't have one you might wanna get on it..when WoD drops there wont be anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xinaro View Post
    No, they are not guaranteed, but the chance you'll get one increases per kill for your first one.
    iirc it only increases for the first one, so if the first one doens't drop on the first kill each next kill will have a higher chance
    after that it's praying to rngjesus

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Right now they are not 100% guaranteed, but you have a good chance of getting one on your first kill. Your first will be for your class/spec, subsequent ones can be anything. The heirlooms are personal loot, in addition to what is dropped by the boss.

When patch 6.0 comes out (the expansion pre-patch, not WOD), you will be 100% guaranteed on the first kill, with a high chance on subsequent kills.

When WOD itself comes out, heirlooms will no longer drop.
    So this is a "get it now while you can" thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

I have a few questions also. I've killed him once on normal 25 man, and twice on flex with my warlock. No heirloom yet.

Are the chances separate for each difficulty?
    Will I get a loot spec heirloom for each difficulty I kill him on for my first heirloom? Or is it once I got one no matter the difficulty, that's it and then rng?

Quote Originally Posted by gumb View Post
    Are the chances separate for each difficulty?
    Will I get a loot spec heirloom for each difficulty I kill him on for my first heirloom? Or is it once I got one no matter the difficulty, that's it and then rng?
    Yes, chance is completely separate for each difficulty. No matter how many times you kill him on normal, and how many heirlooms you win - your first heirloom from heroic will be the one for your spec again (just the heroic version).

After that, it's RNG again.