Poll: What's your favorite Mage tier set?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    That T4 Shoulder + Collar combo though <3

Deleted
    Easily Elemental Triad (CM), followed Heroic Time Lord (T13) and Tirisfal (T5).

Tier 5 is what made me roll Mage. Great tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 5. Not many other sets are very good unless shuffled around with others.

Always loved T5 and T8

Challenge Mode, Burning Scroll and Cataclysmic PvP.

I personally love t4, while it is definitely more "alliancey" in feel, I love the shoulders, just screams mage to me personally, but isn't too overdone. I also love t6, however the chest almost always looks bad and since it lacks a solid belt kinda hurts it too, but the helm (certain races) and shoulders are pretty epic, epitome of unstable arcane energies.
    Daft Punk Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by arizonapriest93 View Post
    I also love t6, however the chest almost always looks bad and since it lacks a solid belt kinda hurts it too, but the helm (certain races) and shoulders are pretty epic, epitome of unstable arcane energies.

Agreed completely! I've always loved the shoulders and helm of T6, but the brown robe is just not pretty at all. I might try to combine the head and shoulders with a better looking, purple robe.

Tirisfal Regalia, it looks the most real, as in it actually looks like cloth armor and it fits a Mage.

Challenge mode set is my personal favorite, with all 3 elements combined and different colored eye glows it has a slightly crazed look, which I like. And the way the crystals overload and sigils appear and pulse above shoulderpads when casting - just screams raw power. Also this set has side animations - small things like the arcane sigil while reading, a bigger and more stable one while sleeping, all 3 active and overloading at the same time while sprinting. Even fishing has a unique animation - albeit it's the arcane sigil again, but still, it is animated in a different way than all others. Doing all challenge modes by myself before all the sockets were introduced and receiving Elemental Triad was quite possibly the most fulfilling thing I've ever done on World of Warcraft.

Other than that, I really like T11 HC for obvious reasons (though the robe has too much purple, T12 one suits better, and even has the same style, being Firelands themed and all). And I dig the floating backpiece and teleporting crystals on T17 Mythic, though that one is still a mystery, I have to see it in-game. T15 for example didn't catch my eye in previews, but when I wore the full set in-game (LFR color palette), it felt quite interesting on my character.

T6 is amazing, overwhelming arcane power and stuff. T10 red-and-green is nice too; looks even better on blood elves - thanks Orb of the Sin'dorei.

I can't for the life of me understand why people like T5 though. It completely eludes me, this set is so bland and uninspiring, there is no theme to it, no idea that will distinguish it from set of greens or dungeon blues. It's red, and it.. has a bunch of rubies. Eh, to each their own. It's probably good for showing mediocre wizards - like regular army mages - but for extremely powerful adventurers like us it is too subdued, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Agreed completely! I've always loved the shoulders and helm of T6, but the brown robe is just not pretty at all. I might try to combine the head and shoulders with a better looking, purple robe.
    There are a few robes that work, Brutal Robes (couple hundred honor or so) match, frostfire t7.5 robes sorta do as well. Currently I'm wearing the t8.5 chest, while not a robe it does match. There are plenty that match just a bummer that the tier robe is so trashy. Frostwoven robe matches incredibly well 4 bolts of frostweave plus thread.
    Daft Punk Forever!

Visually t11is by far my favorite (though being the first tier set I ever earned I may be biased) and functionally t12 I really enjoyed, even though that set was... Not as good looking in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    IMO T5 is too overrated. To me, it's TOO simple. I don't like the over-the-top flashy stuff, but I also don't like simple.
    Through all the lurking I do on this forum, I'm convinced you don't like anything about anything.

On topic: T8, T3, T10, T15 and T13. CMs too. T11 and T12 are quite good too, but I feel like everyone uses T11. If I had to choose only one it'd probably be T8 with T15 a close second.

Deleted
    I'm gonna have to go with t3 and t11, they're my favourite!

Tier 12: Firehawk Robes because of the flames, wings, very pretty

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 11 is awesome. i dont have many complete sets, but i'm wearing this one for months now

Deleted
    Aldor Regalia! <3

T3 for me, its the best for frost. God, I wish it was still obtainable :S

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    T3 for me, its the best for frost. God, I wish it was still obtainable :S
    It is obtainable via the BMAH.
    I voted for T3 since it is my favorite and it is my go to xmog.
    I also love the CM xmog.