Poll: What's your favorite Mage tier set?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your favorite Mage Tier sets

What's your favorite Mage Tier set, and why? Which recolors do you like best?
    You can vote for more than one set. Try not to vote for 10 sets at once

An overview of all the Mage tier sets
    Tier 17 Normal and Heroic, Tier 17 Mythic

My favorite is Tirisfal Regalia. It's not overdone, simple, elegant and memorable. I prefer PvP recolor (blue and gold? give me more of it!) and change transmog from red to blue regularly. Btw, why didn't you include PvP sets? Thay are transmog too

Generally prefer simpler sets with strong lines, the more plate-ish set is, the better. Strong idea and great realization is the best thing in a world, that's why I generally like BC sets. Great example is Firelord's Vestments, this set is epic and unique, menasing and unexpected, pure win for me.
    Hate messy and raggy sets: Burning Scroll and Challenge mode sets is the worst gear thing that happened in WoW history for me. It's just rags with Christmal Tree lights and neon Kirin Tor sign to make set magey. Definately not a way to go for Blizzard art team. That's why I think Mythic WoD set is a very lazy thing to do (same 3 stupid crystals? again?), for me MoP Challenge Mode and WoD Mythic are a clown suits.
    Last edited by Orrin; 2014-07-05 at 08:52 PM.

I voted for the Netherwind the Tirisfal and the Sunstrider ones

All three are great mage tiers imo.

Deleted
    I voted for the bloodmage (hc version looks simply amazing on a male undead), time lord's regalia (all plus hc looked great imho. i like that steampunkish touch), and the elemental triad one, since the head won me over. it must be the best looking cm set after paladin set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firelands looks by far the most badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meant to add a vote to T8 too but missed it, but otherwise I love T5, T10, and T11 the most overall. T13 and Heroic T16 are great too.

I've always like the Enigma set on my Horde chars, so kinda sad that it ain't on the list.

But T2,T3,T5,T6,T13 and T15 are all my favs from this list depending on the race am playing with.. With T3 being the winner overall.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-07-06 at 05:29 AM.

What a surprise, CM is 2nd and T11 is 1st (at the time of me posting this).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    T5 it's fairly simple. Most of the sets are too over the top for my tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    t5,6, 10 and 11 <3

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    T5 it's fairly simple. Most of the sets are too over the top for my tastes.
    IMO T5 is too overrated. To me, it's TOO simple. I don't like the over-the-top flashy stuff, but I also don't like simple.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm personally a big fan of T8!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I will do a shoutout to my original Magister's Regalia I managed to farm before Cata. It was only a Dungeon set, but it looks awesome! Somedays I wish I upgraded it to Arcanist though :-/

T3 is my favorite.

Tier 3 obviously

Deleted
    tier 11 red fire was pretty nice

No doubt for me - always been fan of t5, but t11 (heroic) is just as nice, if not better - love the helmet/shoulders/gloves but missing a belt that would work for it, like thre is for the normal version (dreamweaver or so), but t5 is just so damn plain, simple, classy and mage-like tier 11 might as well had been a lock tier or so, but glad we got it

Tier 3 or go home

Deleted
    my favorite is T5 recolor but T14HC is nice too
    Last edited by mmocec88429560; 2014-07-18 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    I always thought that Tirisfal Regalia looked the most mage-y. The resolution of the old sets is a shame, though, can't really look at it for longer
    On the other hand, I really like the CM set (though I will probably never get it myself).