Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Guilty crown had one of my all time favorite endings purely because they didn't Hollywood/Disneyfy it. Watched edge of tomorrow last night and was very disappointed in the ending, since it shits all over the original Japanese light novel ending (All you need is kill).
    i don't know, i just kind of wish it had SOME form of happiness for Shu. but no, Hare is dead, i think his mom survived (not sure) and ofcourse, Inori is dead, and hes blind and crippled....

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    i don't know, i just kind of wish it had SOME form of happiness for Shu. but no, Hare is dead, i think his mom survived (not sure) and ofcourse, Inori is dead, and hes blind and crippled....
    Well he met up with all his friends for the remembrance but he didn't seem unhappy i guess, whats the saying time heals all wounds ^^ and fyi Hare was my all time fav character in that show so i too miss her deeply =[ but i much prefer shows that don't cater to the overly optimistic -everything must be perfect and live happily ever after.

I like fantasy, i like action and i like suspense of reality, but i think shows draw you in much more when there is a sense of realism in interactions between the world and people living in it and very rarely in an apocalypse situation will everyone come out unharmed with no trauma, either physical or psychological.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I would say that killing off main heroes is getting close to be as repeating as always saving them.
    Killing off main characters in the middle of the story is very rare. I can't even remember the last anime that I have seen do this.

And when I say "main characters" I mean the main characters. There are some shows that kill off major supporting characters (Akame ga Kill), but the princess and Inaho are two out of three of the most important characters in the show.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2014-10-03 at 01:51 AM.

Finally finished this anime and all I can say it wow. I can't wait for more episodes. My favorite anime are mecha-animes, Gundam being my favorite. Aldnoah though, has a really good story and premise. Excited to see more.

Slaine was brainwashed by Saazbaum from the very beginning and I believe that Slaine activating the Aldnoah drive in the last episode was the final puzzle piece. Just my thoughts, or now that the princess was dealt with he could then be loyal to Vers, hence the final blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JLKrombacher View Post
    Finally finished this anime and all I can say it wow. I can't wait for more episodes. My favorite anime are mecha-animes, Gundam being my favorite. Aldnoah though, has a really good story and premise. Excited to see more.

Slaine was brainwashed by Saazbaum from the very beginning and I believe that Slaine activating the Aldnoah drive in the last episode was the final puzzle piece. Just my thoughts, or now that the princess was dealt with he could then be loyal to Vers, hence the final blow.
    If you haven't already i recommend watching the break blade movies for a good mecha theme ^^ personally i prefer the movies over the tv series of it though.

If you haven't already i recommend watching the break blade movies for a good mecha theme ^^ personally i prefer the movies over the tv series of it though.
    Thanks. I will add it to the list.

15+ Year Old Account
    New S2 poster.

Disappointed to say the least. If the next one has Inaho I'm going to be buttmad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    New S2 poster.

Disappointed to say the least. If the next one has Inaho I'm going to be buttmad.
    S2 needed to provide the context for the final shot in the S1 OP with the princess holding a gun anyway.

New illust
    Christmas edition.

Inaho's VA having some fun.

- - - Updated - - -

from newtype 2nd cour of Aldnoah Zero

地球連合はほぼ崩壊し、地球の各軍は各地でゲリラ戦を行い、火星 軍相手に一進一退の攻防を続けていた。
    Earth is almost falling apart and fighting in various fronts, not allowing Mars to advance but not being able to push them back either
    マグバレッジが艦長を務*るデューカリオンも各地を転戦しており 、
    Darzana has the Deucalion fight in multiple locations as well
    ある時、火星騎士を次々と倒しているという少年の話を耳にする。
    There's a story going around about a boy defeating Martian Knights one after another
    マグバレッジたちは噂の真偽を確か*にアフリカへと赴く。
    Darzana and co. go to Africa to check out the rumor

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    New episode out

Everyone lived

Still, fuck Slaine regardless of his intentions.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Still, fuck Slaine regardless of his intentions.

Slain seems to have upped the creep factor in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Slain seems to have upped the creep factor in this episode.
    I was seriously expecting the princess to turn out to be a corpse puppet or something similarly fucked.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    Ya the blind part is what I hated the most. He essentially lost everything in that ending. If he had at least been left with his eyesight I would have loved Guilty Crown, but the ending really left a sour taste in my mouth.

As for Aldnoah Zero, I loved it up until the ending of the last season, and the start of this season has made me really, really mad. Flip flopping is not something I tolerate. Everything doesn't need to be a happy ending, but when it isn't a happy ending it doesn't need to be a full blown knee jerk awful ending either.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Slaine is a dick.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Ya the blind part is what I hated the most. He essentially lost everything in that ending. If he had at least been left with his eyesight I would have loved Guilty Crown, but the ending really left a sour taste in my mouth.

As for Aldnoah Zero, I loved it up until the ending of the last season, and the start of this season has made me really, really mad. Flip flopping is not something I tolerate. Everything doesn't need to be a happy ending, but when it isn't a happy ending it doesn't need to be a full blown knee jerk awful ending either.
    Yeah it was pretty much a big 'fuck you.' Then again, the season ending was a giant 'fuck you' as well, so I'm torn. Oh well. We might get to see Inaho get angry, or maybe the princess will strangle Slaine. At this point it can only get better, unless of course we get an 80s soap ending where it was all a coma dream/ near death delusion.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post

See i have to disagree somewhat, the fact that Shu lost everything doesn't bother me in the slightest and personally felt way better than disneyfied happy ever after, yes they could have toned it down but the whole point was the sacrifice had to amount to his atonement. Plus at the end during the party he was shown not being sad about his predicament he was still somewhat connected to Inori as stated that he could see her when he closed his blind eyes. As for aldnoah i just really am not following slaine's thought process one bit, but i do like Inaho's new eye which i guess will be very useful later on, after all they took the time to do a close up of it operating during the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    See i have to disagree somewhat, the fact that Shu lost everything doesn't bother me in the slightest and personally felt way better than disneyfied happy ever after, yes they could have toned it down but the whole point was the sacrifice had to amount to his atonement. Plus at the end during the party he was shown not being sad about his predicament he was still somewhat connected to Inori as stated that he could see her when he closed his blind eyes. As for aldnoah i just really am not following slaine's thought process one bit, but i do like Inaho's new eye which i guess will be very useful later on, after all they took the time to do a close up of it operating during the fight.

You seem to be in the wrong thread. If you guys would like to continue discussing that anime can you please make a separate thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You seem to be in the wrong thread. If you guys would like to continue discussing that anime can you please make a separate thread for it.
    Please reread the last couple of pages and realise that the particular conversation was actually discussing the similarities between the shows and what was good/bad about aldnoah ending. This isn't trying to railroad the thread or change said topic but it was in direct relation to the aldnoah anime.

Of fucking course -- everyone lived. Fuck Eggs.