Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Lets say Blizzard decided to do a true sequel to World of Warcraft and built a new engine from scratch. Maybe they even released Warcraft 4 to move the timeline and change the world drastically. What would you want from a completely new game. I'll list my top 3.

Larger zones
    I want to be able to get lost in the forests of Ashenvale for days before I find my way out. Imagine a Stormwind the size of Liberty City is GTA IV

Better looting system
    If I kill a wolf he shouldn't be keeping boots in his stomach. Let crafters create the basic gear we need and allow us to explore and find reagents to increase there usefulness. The whole idea of a boss dropping items he is obviously not carrying is silly.

Physics Engine
    I'd like the idea that if I get hit by a large create I don't always have the same animation after I get hit. If I get hit into a tree I should come off it at a angle. Make the game more dynamic and fun.

Do you not think that shit can be implemented in the current version of WoW or are you just that fucking retarded?

And what is with all your retards who keep wanting WoW2 for no fucking reason? Then entire fucking point of an MMO is that it keeps getting updates. So why can none of you cunts get it through your thick fucking skulls that Blizzard could just put all of this into the game instead of wasting their fucking time making a new game you cunts will just complain about?

Every fucking time someone makes a thread like this for something that doesn't need a fucking squeal, I wish they'd fucking die a slow, painful death from colon cancer. Fucking retarded cunts.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-06 at 03:38 PM.

A new content patch of some kind every 3 months until the game goes offline permanently with zero exceptions.
    Actual WAR.
    No more Horde-Alliance politics, starting to feel like reallife.
    I want them to massacre eachother, at the risk of sounding extreme, i want both factions to hate eachother enough to burn down eachothers cities, killing everyone indiscriminately.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You do realize that Heroes of the Storm, which is one of the nicest looking games I've seen, uses the EXACT same engine as WoW and WC3? Yep. Same engine, just modified. All Blizzard needs to do is add those modification's to WoW's version, but the sheer amount of work that would entail would likely cost us an entire expansion.
    Actually heroes of the storm uses the Starcraft II engine, and starcraft II doesn't use the wc3 engine, it was built from the ground up for starcraft then they took that and added the hero system, etc for heroes of the storm. So no, blizzard can't just add those modifications because it's a completely different engine.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTheOriginal View Post
    Do you not think that shit can be implemented in the current version of WoW or are you just that fucking retarded?

And what is with all your retards who keep wanting WoW2 for no fucking reason? Then entire fucking point of an MMO is that it keeps getting updates. So why can none of you cunts get it through your thick fucking skulls that Blizzard could just put all of this into the game instead of wasting their fucking time making a new game you cunts will just complain about?

Every fucking time someone makes a thread like this for something that doesn't need a fucking squeal, I wish they'd fucking die a slow, painful death from colon cancer. Fucking retarded cunts.
    You need jesus, ASAP.

And yes, WoW "2" will Never happen, if it did it would fail on launch and wouldn't get much community support.

Warcraft has expended the majority of its story.

Even the word "WoW 2" sounds terrible.

And yeah, pretty much everything anyone could say could be added to the current game, the issue is blizzard is simply developing less content than ever, will likely slow down until WoW goes f2p and or just dies. A big reason why is all of these players who are staying subbed and not demanding new content. Sales - The only power consumers have. 100% of people quit WoW and demand faster content production? Either they would ablidge or shut the game down. However if they blatantly refused the customers demand, their company would also die. Simple as that.

Deleted
    New server types with each different systems.

- PvP server: seperate class/spell and what not balance entirely focused on pvp. No PvE content what so ever other then quests. No gear.

- PvE server: like the PvP server but focused on PvE (duh!).

- PvP/PvE server: much like how WoW is currently balanced with all content available.

That way you don't have to go to specific servers to do the type of content you want, you just chose what it is balanced around.
    Might require more resources but Blizzard should have plenty of money + it will propably attract more players and keep more players playing.

Other then that, want big events again like the AQ gates opening etc, those were fun and truely epic and still one of the best experiences I had in a game (other then the lag and the server crashing) and events like the SWTOR Gree event etc wich has been mentioned before.
    The pre-events were cool aswell with the mindcontrol stones etc, was really fun and we haven't had a pre-xpac event for a while either, last time was WotLK I believe (deathwing randomly flying over doesn't count).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want a world about twice or more as big. I want no flying mounts. Imagine if Pandaria was as big as the eastern kingdoms. Better yet, the jade forrest could be the size of Pandaria is in wow. Put portals all around the zones, so travel is still semi fast, but the initial exploration of the zones would take hours. Imagine wow with graphics this good.

Action combat, Mega servers that hold 5+ times the population servers in WoW hold. Theres plenty a wow 2 good do.

Deleted
    > Removal of Levelling. Make a more flexible progression system which doesn't make the vast majority of content obsolete or inaccessible at any one moment in time.

> Change the quest system. Rather than having innumerable quests with small objectives have larger more epic objectives which smaller objectives would naturally fall under. Additionally give the ability to complete quests in multiple ways, preferably at least 3 options for each quest. For example you get a quest to kill a military leader. You can gather together a large force to storm the castle, you can sneak in through the sewers, or you can disguise yourself as a noble-man at one of his banquets. If you choose option one you'd need to dismantle the enemy forces on the walls in order to pull off a successful assault. Going through the sewers you might need to complete some sort of puzzle to lower the water levels. Disguising yourself in the feast would require to ingratiate yourself with his entourage.

> Constantly changing world. Have something similar to the Isle of Quel'danis but on a worldwide scale. Realm progression would complete chapters of the story, resulting in a new phase of the world available for everyone. Military victories would actually be represented in the game world. Each phase would end with a large event.

> A good story. Moral ambiguity, intrigue, coherent plots. That'd be real nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    A new content patch of some kind every 3 months until the game goes offline permanently with zero exceptions.
    Actual WAR.
    No more Horde-Alliance politics, starting to feel like reallife.
    I want them to massacre eachother, at the risk of sounding extreme, i want both factions to hate eachother enough to burn down eachothers cities, killing everyone indiscriminately.
    in other words you want the sequel to warcraft 3.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Vanilla WoW with better graphics and larger zones.

I really want the imbalance and class roles to return. Balance only leads to homogenization and thats the path to the dark side.

Do not want WoW 2.

If we could assume that a better engine/graphics would be coming with it anyway, I'd just be all about the story. I'd probably want it to be very distant from what we currently have....maybe a story that takes place 10,000 years in the future and on a different world or something. And I'd like it to stop with the "this game is all about Orcs and Humans" shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    This. We already had WoW 2. It was called the Burning Crusade. We are one WoW 5 right now, with 6 coming out this year. Why create a completely new game when we can just expand upon the ones we already have?
    Ummm no. When have you ever heard anyone refer to TBC as WoW 2? Never. An expansion to an existing game is not the same as a sequel. It expands, hence the word expansion, onto the original game therefore its not WoW 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6....its just WoW: [expansion name here].
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

physics engine

Deleted
    If they were ever to make a WoW 2, there are a few key things to bring into it:

• Don't waste time making Northrend, Outland, Pandaria, or Draenor in the original game. Focus on re-making Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms using modern technology and design. Vast, sprawling zones that tie together more naturally than today's walled-in biomes. Nothing wrong with combining zones, removing zones, or creating new zones as long as new lore supports it.
    • Set the story some time after WoW, but not too far into the future. A few notable characters and locations should still be relevant, somehow, to tie it back to the original game.
    • Walk away from the conventional model of levelling, raiding, and PvPing. By all means, do keep character progression, PvE, PvP, and endgame content. But make it less of a treadmill.
    • Expand crafting and secondary professions.
    • Retire or at least evolve classes and races which no longer make sense from a lore PoV around that point, like Death Knights or Warlocks.
    • Overhaul character customization; unify the systems more, but allow us to stand apart more from others through the choices we make.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post

I really want the imbalance and class roles to return. Balance only leads to homogenization and thats the path to the dark side.
    Agreed. I didn't mind that certain classes were necessary or had an advantage. I still played hunter as a main, even when people said it was garbage. I also had a rogue that I could 1 shot people with. It didn't matter, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    > Removal of Levelling. Make a more flexible progression system which doesn't make the vast majority of content obsolete or inaccessible at any one moment in time.

> Change the quest system. Rather than having innumerable quests with small objectives have larger more epic objectives which smaller objectives would naturally fall under. Additionally give the ability to complete quests in multiple ways, preferably at least 3 options for each quest. For example you get a quest to kill a military leader. You can gather together a large force to storm the castle, you can sneak in through the sewers, or you can disguise yourself as a noble-man at one of his banquets. If you choose option one you'd need to dismantle the enemy forces on the walls in order to pull off a successful assault. Going through the sewers you might need to complete some sort of puzzle to lower the water levels. Disguising yourself in the feast would require to ingratiate yourself with his entourage.

> Constantly changing world. Have something similar to the Isle of Quel'danis but on a worldwide scale. Realm progression would complete chapters of the story, resulting in a new phase of the world available for everyone. Military victories would actually be represented in the game world. Each phase would end with a large event.

> A good story. Moral ambiguity, intrigue, coherent plots. That'd be real nice.
    I do like this proposal quite a bit.

All my stuff from WoW to transfer over. Not going to play a World of Warcraft 2 MMO after all the money and time spent in WoW just for it to be gone. Especially store bought stuff.

Deleted
    Expanded fishing mechanics.

remove player tagging is all i want. playing through the warlord beta with all the battle scenes is kinda shit when it comes to finding which mob doesnt have a grey healthbar. i know guys with big health or quest bosses have player share tagging. but please its like player only tag: yes or no most of the time
    Last edited by Edds; 2014-07-07 at 10:53 AM.