Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wink Plant Identification help

Hey,

My man and I have a small potted plant garden outback in our yard. Well we have a plant in one of our Pots that we can not identify, so I took a pic and im posting it here in hops that maybe someone on here will have a idea of what it might be.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a weed of some kind. Where do you live, it may help narrow it down.

Google plants of "xxxxxx" where "xxxxxx" is the region or state you are. Looks like a weed though.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Yeah that's a plant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a weed, I've personally pulled them before in the Kentucky area. Also, that place needs some serious Weed Eating love.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Milk Weed I think. Snap off a leaf and see if it leaks something milky.

Deleted
    Looks like a weed, I don't know how to say it in english "mauvaise herbe". In my home in French Polynesia (South Pacific) we just pull it out since it's useless, not pretty and invasive. The root go really deep so pulling it out is a real chore when growing in hard soil.

As for the name, I don't know.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly looks a lot like some breed of Ragweed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Hey,

My man and I have a small potted plant garden outback in our yard. Well we have a plant in one of our Pots that we can not identify, so I took a pic and im posting it here in hops that maybe someone on here will have a idea of what it might be.

Thanks
    Hi! Despite the fact that my long term life goal is to own my own flower shop one day I can't help you with the identification of the plant but I just wanted to say that it's really cool and really sweet that you guys have a potted plant garden that you work on together, that's like the greatest thing in the world and I hope it's filled with lots of amazing plants and you guys are happy till the end of time, and also if you could like post some pictures of the plant garden in it's entirety that would be really cool. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Yeah that's a plant.
    That's as close of an answer as I would have. I guess I can be a bit more specific and say potted planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    That's as close of an answer as I would have. I guess I can be a bit more specific and say potted planet.
    Damn man, what are you?

A botanist?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Hi! Despite the fact that my long term life goal is to own my own flower shop one day I can't help you with the identification of the plant but I just wanted to say that it's really cool and really sweet that you guys have a potted plant garden that you work on together, that's like the greatest thing in the world and I hope it's filled with lots of amazing plants and you guys are happy till the end of time, and also if you could like post some pictures of the plant garden in it's entirety that would be really cool. Please.
    Oooh we should start a gardening thread

Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, rhubarb, thyme, mint, lemongrass, tomato, sweet potato, rosemary, kale, various lettuces, lavender, cilantro, and some other random stuff growing in our backyard garden right now.

On topic:

I have no idea what the hell that plant is.

10+ Year Old Account
    defiantly looks like a weed, looks similar to long stem weeds I've pulled up from my garden.
    #boycottchina

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a type of Amaranth... and usually a weed

http://swbiodiversity.org/seinet/tax...us+retroflexus aka Pigweed

It kinda looks like what we call polk salad but if it is polk salad don't eat it because it past the time you can eat it safely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Oooh we should start a gardening thread

Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, rhubarb, thyme, mint, lemongrass, tomato, sweet potato, rosemary, kale, various lettuces, lavender, cilantro, and some other random stuff growing in our backyard garden right now.

On topic:

I have no idea what the hell that plant is.
    Picturesssss SON! SHOW ME YOUR RHUBARB AND SWEET POTATOS
    Last edited by mmoca33b2a723c; 2014-07-05 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    Looks a bit like phytolacca decandra, or pokeweed.

A close-up of the flowers might help.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-07-06 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Bit small to be a potted planet.

I think you're talking out of uranus.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Picturesssss SON! SHOW ME YOUR RHUBARB AND SWEET POTATOS
    Haha ok I'll try to post some this weekend. My backyard isn't all that exciting, though D:

Some sort of Amaranth, pigweed I believe. A weed per say, but an edible one, not that I recommend eating it without a 100% positive ID.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaranth
    Last edited by Tulune; 2014-07-06 at 12:31 AM.