Thread: Arms AoE...

Arms AoE...

With Arms having access to Sweeping Strikes, Whirlwind, Thunder Clap and the Tier AoE talents... I am calling it now. Not all of this stuff will stay in. My guess is that Sweeping Strikes will go the way of Cleave and get cut.

Don't even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    With Arms having access to Sweeping Strikes, Whirlwind, Thunder Clap and the Tier AoE talents... I am calling it now. Not all of this stuff will stay in. My guess is that Sweeping Strikes will go the way of Cleave and get cut.
    Sweeping Strikes is one of the last few arms defining abilities. If it was going to be cut, they would have nabbed it during the pass that took Slam, Sudden Death, OP, and Executioner out.

If anything gets cut, it needs to be some of the over the top AoE talents. Make it so we can get only 1 AoE talent instead of 2-3 of them. Seriously do we need both Bladestorm and Ravager available to the same build?! And then take Shockwave/Dragon Roar on top of that? wtf? I can go from no AoE to wtf just hit that group AoE by swapping out a few talents. There needs to be a more coherent baseline, right now there isn't one. No other class has so much completely optional AoE, and it will cause issues.

I'd also like them to drop Whirlwind as a filler and just give us the new Slam baseline. It'd also be nice to get TClap dropped to 15-20 rage, and resonating power glyph switched (so baseline is 9s cd TC that hits harder, glyph drops it to 6s but makes it hit weaker) so it's efficient enough to be worth using. But that is probably wishful thinking at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Sweeping Strikes is one of the last few arms defining abilities. If it was going to be cut, they would have nabbed it during the pass that took Slam, Sudden Death, OP, and Executioner out.
    This made me chuckle and I don't think that after all that has happened that you actually believe what you wrote either. All abilities are fair game at this point and Sweeping Strikes is nothing more than Cleave with a 10 second duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

This made me chuckle and I don't think that after all that has happened that you actually believe what you wrote either. All abilities are fair game at this point and Sweeping Strikes is nothing more than Cleave with a 10 second duration.
    True, they can always decide they want to prune more. But seriously they already had a pass where they literally gutted out the majority of Arms. Doing that then going back and taking more away just seems highly unlikely to me.

And SS is a fair bit more useful than cleave, being an actually useful ability you want to press rather than a marginally efficient rage dump. (That said I wouldn't mind seeing it get renamed to Cleave, which is an ability a number of people seem surprisingly attached to for Arms, probably due entirely to Saurfang)

Deleted
    Why would they cut sweeping strikes and keep thunder clap and whirlwind? they basically do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Why would they cut sweeping strikes and keep thunder clap and whirlwind? they basically do the same thing.
    that's exactly why

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    that's exactly why

He meant Thunderclap and Whirlwind do the same thing.

Sweeping Strikes actually fills a different role from either of those two abilities. Cutting SS but keeping both TC and WW makes little sense.

Deleted
    Even with the upcoming 20% rage generation increase for arms, I have a hard time figuring how the hell should one AoE as arms. Only feasible way I figured on the beta was to pretty much spam WW and use MS+SS during CS.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Even with the upcoming 20% rage generation increase for arms, I have a hard time figuring how the hell should one AoE as arms. Only feasible way I figured on the beta was to pretty much spam WW and use MS+SS during CS.
    Depends on the number of targets, same as before.

whirlwind + bladestorm only sounds fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Depends on the number of targets, same as before.
    Ain't got no rage for that