Question What can a moonkin do in other forms?

What cat and bear abilities will I have access to while in balance spec?

If I switch from moonkin form to cat:
    Will I still be able to prowl and sneak around?
    Will I still be able to switch to cat form and use dash?
    Will I still be able to attack and build combo point on a target then use a finisher?
    Will I have an both a single target attack and a multi-target attack in cat form?

If I switch from moonkin form to bear:
    Will I still be able to taunt?
    Will I be able to use abilities that increase my rage?
    Will I have attacks that build rage?
    Will I have attacks that cost rage?
    Will I have a multi-target attack?
    Will I have access to defensive cooldowns?

I play moonkin mostly as a progression raider, bu I also PvP. I use my feral and bear abilities on both PvE and PvP. I know that as a caster druid in caster gear I will be a very weak cat and a very squishy bear, but I still have use for those abilities, even in balance spec. I dont have the beta so I was hopeing someone in beta could find out. I know that things are still changeing, but with all the changes to druids so far, I am afraid that my balance spec is going to become more mage like. I picked balance spec to be a hybrid. I have alts that are "pure" ranged dps. I still play my moonkin the most. The ability to change forms is what keeps my moonkin as my main.

As a balance druid will I still have Rejuvenation and Healing Touch that I can apply to myself and others? Will I still have battle rez and Tranquility for raid utility?

I havent been able to keep up with all the patch notes. Its kinda overwhelming to me. All the changes to balance spec itself, then all the ability pruning. Sorry for the rambling.

In Cat, you have Shred, Ferocious Bite, Prowl and Dash.
    In Bear, you have Mangle, Growl and Frenzied Regeneration.

All abilities are identical to their Guardian/Feral incarnations AFAICS.

You have access to Survival Instincts regardless of form, as well as HT, BR and Rejuv in caster and Moonkin Form. Tranquility is Resto only.

Note: All applies to 6.0.

TY for the reply. I am a bit confused my some of the abbrevations. AFAICS? BR=battle rez? HT? I havent played for a few months so I have forgotten many of the abbrevations.

HT = Healing Touch, BR = Battle Rez. As Far As I Can See.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In Cat, you have Shred, Ferocious Bite, Prowl and Dash.
    In Bear, you have Mangle, Growl and Frenzied Regeneration.

All abilities are identical to their Guardian/Feral incarnations AFAICS.

You have access to Survival Instincts regardless of form, as well as HT, BR and Rejuv in caster and Moonkin Form. Tranquility is Resto only.

Note: All applies to 6.0.
    Yeah those things surprised me aswell.
    But I am totally missing two spells for cat and bear as a moonkin.

Firstly bear has no damaging rage consumer, that feels out of place somehow.
    Secondly the cat has no bleed but shred would do bonus damage on bleeding targets.

That just limits the urge to ever go into these forms as a moonkin, since it is now so extremely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Secondly the cat has no bleed but shred would do bonus damage on bleeding targets.
    Any bleed works for that. Doesn't have to be your own.

As a Moonkin, Cat is only really useful for stealth and indoor running anyway, and if you have to go Bear, damage is likely the least of your concerns. No real difference to before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Any bleed works for that. Doesn't have to be your own.

As a Moonkin, Cat is only really useful for stealth and indoor running anyway, and if you have to go Bear, damage is likely the least of your concerns. No real difference to before.
    Too be honest, it depends on what you're doing.
    Using caftform swipe with Heart of teh Wild is actually quite usefull sometimes.

However if you're forced into bearform you might want a way to put out some pressure to be able to leave it again. But with no rage consumer there is none.

Concerning catform beelds, yes I know that any bleed works, but it still feels odd to have to rely on that.
    Rake back to balance would also solve the small thing that you don't have a stun opener anymore as a balance druid, that was quite handy in pvp.