Came back to game a week ago new account - halp

Bought WoW on summer sale, also preordered WoD and got a 90 boost.

But lucky for me I did my research and found out you could get 2 free 600 professions if you boost a 60 instead of boosting a level 1. So I've leveled a few characters to 60 this past week and Ive decided what I want to boost. The thing is I've been away from the game for so long I have no idea what professions are worth having.

Can you guys please give me a few good examples of 2 professions that mend well together? The last time I was balls deep down into professions it was back in Cataclysm where I made a crap load of gold with mining/jewelcrafting.

Mining/Blacksmith
    Mining/Engineering
    Mining/JewelCrafting
    Herbalism/Alchemy
    Skinning/Leatherworking
    Tailoring/Enchanting
    Skinning/Mining

All work quite well

Deleted
    This is interesting. If it's free to get professions to 600, then what would be the best for earning the most gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    This is interesting. If it's free to get professions to 600, then what would be the best for earning the most gold?
    Depends on your server's market. Also it will probably change in WoD.

Undermine Journal is a good place to look around but they are closing by the end of July. Long live Undermine Journal.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Gems use to be a good way to make money....if you were at the AH very often and ran auction house addons...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitszo View Post
    Gems use to be a good way to make money....if you were at the AH very often and ran auction house addons...
    Not true at all, You only need to spend like 15mins a day, and you don't need addons, but if you get one, it makes it a little quicker sure^^ Common misconception that it takes a lot of time

Deleted
    Direct combat benefits of Professions will be removed. This means you no longer have to level professions to get 0.5% dps increase, so leveling a profession will be more like a personal choice now.

It also all depends on your servers economy, some days I sell a stack of peacebloom for 100g and some days they are 20g