Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best to hated:

Wrath
    BC (my god entering the portal the first time was WHOAAAAAAAA!)
    Mists
    Cata (Cata started this bullshit railroad system, I preferred the hub-and-spoke system of Wrath)
    Putin khuliyo

Leveling via quests:
    Best - Wrath (honorable mention: Cataclysm, which would win this if judged on the old world revamp alone)
    Worst - Vanilla (if this doesn't count as an expansion, I guess it's now TBC by default)

Leveling via dungeons:
    Best - Cataclysm
    Worst - MoP (just weren't enough sub-90)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Cata, Vashjir is the sh***** zone in existance of any game ever.

Best: Cata

Worst: MoP

Yeaah now that I'm stuck at BC again, I'mma say BC is the worst...bland zones, bland questing, bland everything. Didn't like it the first time I went through, will keep trying to skip it as much as possible whenever I level alts.

MoP has the best leveling. Interesting, varied, beautiful zones. Everything else feels a bit dated and boring in comparison. Can't wait to see what WoD brings to the table!

Deleted
    Love - Vanilla & TBC
    Hate - all others

Best : Classic zones / Wotlk
    Worst : BC / Pandaland

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I can count BC, because I literally spent the entire 2nd half of it leveling through classic and eventually Outland... And while those days are precious to me, they were not the most fun in terms of questing. I loathed Outland with a passion even then, and I still do to this day. Wrath is also extremely nostalgic for me, but keeping the rose tinted glasses off, I can say that it sort of felt like a grind at the time(probably because I'd never gotten a chance to relax at lvl 70, as I dinged 70 2 hours before Wraths launch, so I was pretty sick of leveling). After Wrath I'd had plenty of time to experience endgame and I was ready to really quest again, and Cataclysms new quest-styles were so new and fresh and I just loved them. The 80-85 zones were amazingly done (Deepholm was kinda boring but whatever) and i blasted my way through them so it didn't feel like an endless grind. MoP was fun in the beginning but as I got to the western side of the continent and everything was just blue and insect filled and the grind from 89-90 became so unbearable... I wasn't too happy.

TL;DR: Cata.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Most Loved: The Burning Crusade
    The theme, how alien it was. Its not really the quality of the quests for me back then, because i expected simple story driven kill & collect. The art of the zones though, how different they are, really captured my imagination. I thoroughly enjoyed being there.

Most Hated: Mists of Pandaria
    Uninspired, bland and boring. The quests at times were great but for the most part it felt too jokey. Even the dark quests didn't feel dark because of the environments they took place in. The experience gain was far too slow and don't even get me started on Townlong Steppes + Dread Wastes. Two necessary zones that use the same art assets with different coloured templates. What a joke.

Best is MoP, it was story driven, enjoyable, and rather quick. The worst is BC. Terrible drop rates, quests were too scattered, and plenty of backtracking.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved wrath, still prefer questing to dungeon spamming from 68-80.

I hated Toss up between BC and Cata (I started in BC and I hated and still dislike leveling 58-68, and with elixir I level 80-85 in 40min so cata doesn't phase me now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Most loved WOTLK

Most hated Cata Hands down, Mist close 2nd

10+ Year Old Account
    Best: BC, I still love going through Hellfire, Nagrand, Zangarmarsh, Shadowmoon. Honestly I love almost every zone. WotLK comes in a close second.

Worst: Cata, by a mile. Not only were the zones not that fun (Vashj'ir, Deepholm, Twilight Highlands) but they also hanged a lot of older classic areas I loved and had a lot of memories (Barrens, 1K Needles, Tanaris, Un'goro).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Well since the question is about expansions, I won't rank Classic, even though leveling Classic in 2004 was fun.

Best:
    First place - WoTLK because Northrend is (still) amazing
    Second place - BC only because we hadn't had much content in so very long, questing again was fun

Worst:
    Last place - Cataclysm, except quite enjoyed Mount Hyjal zone - disliked all others
    Second last place - MoP - can't even articulate exactly why, but not very enjoyable, and also I could not bring myself to do the forced linear questing on multiple toons, so they all zone-walked and wall-hopped to get to the Shrine. I think I only have the gate to the Vale open on 2 of my 6 max level characters. I also found Krasarang to be kind of broken, having to backtrack around and figure out where missing quests were. But in general MoP leveling just wasn't fun and I'll be pleased to skip over it with future alts.

Hated BC
    Loved MoP since when i bought WoD i leveled up in a magical 10 seconds which was by far the best leveling experience i have had to date.

Cata was best leveling for me, the quests were very fun and zones were very varied and different.

Vanilla was horrible but MoP was without a doubt the worst one, the zones are very similar and don't get me started on valley of four winds (Oh my freaking god).
    Last edited by Nadster; 2014-07-22 at 04:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Best - WOTLK. The music was/is amazing, and the lore in Northrend is rich and full of detail. This means that quests are more fun to read.

Worst: Burning Crusade, of course. Hellfire Peninsula is like Metroid Other M, it f*** sucks! The only place that I like leveling in Outland is Blade's Edge Mountain, JUST BECAUSE OF REXXAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    For WoD I expect similar to MoP. Blizzard don't really seem that interested in making questing a great adventure, it probably works out great for them too because most of the kids don't like having to quest they want everything "now, now, now...FAST!!!", its the perfect excuse to pour less resources into the leveling experience.
    So over the course of the game you're implying that they are spending less resources on leveling now than they did back in vanilla/tbc? I think you should go back and take a second look.