Deleted

Advice on the Razer Naga ( left handed edition )

Hey guys,

I've been looking at the left handed version of the razer naga, but with my previous experience with razer I'm a bit held back by the fact that ( for me personally ) the stuff seams to break or some features don't work well or not at all. At the moment I've got a Lycosa mirrored edition which I need to unplug and replug regularly due to the fact that buttons stop working.

So my question is; How well are the ( left handed ) naga's made, do they have lots of hardware failures and the like or are they pretty reliable?

Thanks in advance!

I dunno about left handed ones but I've had my molten edition since they came out and it's never had any issues (wired)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine and my friends experiences with Razer mice is actually pretty good, it's their keyboards and other bits that have issues. I use an Abyssus as does another friend, another uses a Deathadder and another uses a Naga. None of us have any problems to report. Usage varying between 4months to a year.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Ive never used a left handed one myself, but Im gonna asume they have the same "hardware" issues as the right handed one. Ive been the owner of 2 razer nagas and both lasted just over a year. The first one the scroll button for some reason recognized scrolling 1 way as scrolling both ways, needless to say it got very irritating after awhile untill I couldn't bother with it anymore and bought a new one in hopes I just got a bad apple. the 2nd one didnt have a problem with the scroll, however after roughly a year the laser started acting up, the cursor hitting "invisible" walls, this also got worse as time went on. I no longer have a razer naga, and never will

Deleted
    i never get any razer stuff. i heard so many times that they're breaking pretty fast, even friends of mine had problems. i never had problems with Logitech, thats why im using keyboard,mouse and speaker system from Logitech. never had problems with their stuff. in fact, i still have my old G15 that is still working.

Every Razer product that I've ever owned has never lasted more than a year. This includes a Copperhead (two), Lachesis and the Death Adder.

Anecdotal, yes. However, when you add up the collective internet's anecdotal evidence, it's clear Razer has manufacturing and reliability issues.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I've had my razer naga for 3 years now but it hasn't been without fault. I've had to take it apart twice and there's currently a little rolled up piece of paper underneath one of the clickers where the springy plastic no longer did what it should.

For Razer products, the only things I've owned have been an old Deathadder(Blue) mouse, that still works after however many years it's been, a Razer Deathadder 2013 for about a year and a Razer Kraken headset for a little under a year. None of which I've ever had a real problem or issue with. If you are unsure and haven't had previous experience with a product or company, read the reviews! You should be doing that anyway, though. If there's a majority or large amount of 1-3 star reviews, I generally stay away, depending on the content of the actual reviews, some people just don't know what they're doing, or don't take care of their stuff. The low reviews on amazon might be the funniest ones out there, with people dropping things that "instantly shattered!", hilarious typos, and other silly things along those lines.

If you've had problems with their products in the past, just don't bother buying from them. I don't understand why people continue to if they didn't have a good experience after the first or second time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm using my razer naga (right handed, wired) for almost 3 years now without Problems. maybe i just got lucky, since its my first razer product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    with all the pruning wow is getting you'll be able to play wow on a tamagotchi

I've only ever owned the naga and it's lasted me ages! 4 years almost! can you believe it! I have a sneaky suspicion the old versions were made with more care than the current ones, but idk...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm right handed and don't own a Naga, but yeah I'd agree, Razer has manufacturing quality issues, I've never heard anyone with a perfect life of a device, though I've never heard of a terrible story either.

I own two deathadders (mouse) and a blackwidow keyboard. Keyboard lasted 2 years before having some random issues where it presses like F11 and full screens me while typing (did it during this post!), happens like twice a day. First mouse lasted around 1.5 years before the scroll wheel would just randomly scroll a different direction 25% of the time, it got super annoying; I use it occasionally on my laptop in my travel gear for more accurate tasks. Second mouse (different color, like a 2013 edition) lasted a few months before I noticed the back button on the side would randomly fire off twice instead of once, around 15% of the time. Forward button's fine. I use my peripherals for work too, so couldn't really send it back. I bought it from Amazon, I know there wouldn't have been an issue with a return/replacement.

Personally I'll probably expand my budget if this mouse does anything else, but it's been a year and everything is smooth and clean. For me a high dpi, smooth movement, smooth scroll, accurate mouse with a forward and backward button around $50 is hard to beat and my problems have been minor.

Personally I dislike the naga type mice with the amount of buttons, but you didn't want an opinion on that!