Deleted

[MW] What haste cap should I be using?

Hey all,
    My Mistweaver is 581 ilvl, i could reach the 15138 haste breakpoint but is it worth going for it? Will i lose Fistweaving throughput by dropping crit?

Any haste point that requires you to drop crit is not really worth it. I'm at about the same ilvl as you for MW. I'll wait till I get 584-585 and can move up to 15138 without loss.

Quote Originally Posted by youngosk View Post
    Hey all,
    My Mistweaver is 581 ilvl, i could reach the 15138 haste breakpoint but is it worth going for it? Will i lose Fistweaving throughput by dropping crit?
    There's really no reason to go past 12138, and and getting to 12138 is only if you are using double amp. Haste is decent, but it's not THAT good - we just have nothing else, and we want to be at a breakpoint for maximum REM uptime. Whatever breakpoint you can passively hit without actively gemming haste is the ideal breakpoint for you. Most people just stick to 9158 and get gear that has more crit on it.

Deleted
    As the guys above said,

You shouldn't sacrifice any crit for more haste. You should rather stay at 9158 which is more efficient since you can get more crit to it.

I'm sorry, but saying he should go down a haste plateau does not make sense to me at all. At 581 ilvl, can easily reach 12138 haste without gemming anything to haste. An item that has Spirit/Crit, obviously you reforge the spirit to haste no?

If you look at the fact that spirit is worthless, mastery is worthless, haste is so easily gotten because of 50% stance bonus, there comes a point for a MW that you can not actually reforge/gem more into crit. If you are still going up in haste after this point, why not go up 1 break point.

When i bump mine up to the 5th tier of haste .. it does want me to regem a lot of haste .. but im also not losing crit from what i have currently .. will having that extra haste work out better for me in 25 mans where monks seem a bit on the weaker side? ... I can also not take the 5th tier and bump myself from 43% crit that im at now to 47% .. Which do you think would be the most uesful? My ilvl is 580 right now.

Cannaestreea (Resto Druid) Cannaestia (Disc Priest) Twitch Channel
    Shady Shenanigans Guild Website

Quote Originally Posted by Cannaestia View Post
    When i bump mine up to the 5th tier of haste .. it does want me to regem a lot of haste .. but im also not losing crit from what i have currently .. will having that extra haste work out better for me in 25 mans where monks seem a bit on the weaker side? ... I can also not take the 5th tier and bump myself from 43% crit that im at now to 47% .. Which do you think would be the most uesful? My ilvl is 580 right now.
    If you're putting a haste gem where a crit gem could be going, you're losing crit.

So what you're saying is, its best to stay at that 4th haste cap and just dump everything you have into crit and not bother with the 5th?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannaestia View Post
    So what you're saying is, its best to stay at that 4th haste cap and just dump everything you have into crit and not bother with the 5th?
    If you have so much haste on your gear that you can hit the fifth haste cap naturally by reforging mastery or spirit on gear that you can't reforge to crit (or maybe just sacrifice one crit gem), then it's worth it. If you have to sacrifice thousands of crit rating to get to the next haste plateau by regemming crit to haste, then, no. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocias View Post
    If you have so much haste on your gear that you can hit the fifth haste cap naturally by reforging mastery or spirit on gear that you can't reforge to crit (or maybe just sacrifice one crit gem), then it's worth it. If you have to sacrifice thousands of crit rating to get to the next haste plateau by regemming crit to haste, then, no. It's not worth it.
    Okies =D ty for the information! I tried to pick up mostly crit gear, so I don't think I have enough haste gear to make that happen naturally without giving up too much crit. Ty for your help and advice =D