Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe I should just quit ...

... SE seem deaf to simple requests, regardless how popular.

To make it worse, they taunt us consistently with it.

I tried other classes. My BLM is 50 with Zenith - not doing that BS atma grind again. OK, I guess.

2.3 is about as exciting as watching paint dry since I won't be able to do most of the content - not without getting flamed to a crisp while in groups - or with the class I want.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    I dont get it?
    Heh. You should consider working for SE, you will fit right in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carbuncles are so cute!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Carbuncles are so cute!
    I know right. But no, we can't have them.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll get it, eventually, and what content can you not do in 2.3? Everything can be pugged/duty finder, with ease, except Savage Coil. Just going to be a rough first week because of everyone learning the fights, but after that, the new 5 mans will be getting speed ran and Stricking Tree will be getting 1 shot, and CT is already a joke so there's no worry there. But for serious what class do you want to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    He wanted to stay a SMN and get Carbuncle, which SE already said they are not getting it, if it is a reason for quitting, then quit (since SE already made their stance). SE however also posted some SMN pics with Carby in it, making people believe that maybe that will happen some day?

2.3 contents:

Ramuh - if you already cleared Levi Exand Mog Ex, Ramuh should be rather accessible, if not, then Levi Ex and Mog Ex are becoming more accessible for you (Echo).

CT - it is supposed to be the most accessible content?

Chocobo Raising - depends if your FC has a house, if not, a small house isn't that expensive.

And as for cannot do event as the class you want? What class would that be? From the sound of it, you are SMN and BLM, neither of them are being excluded from anything at all, if anything, both are a sought after class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    He wanted to stay a SMN and get Carbuncle, which SE already said they are not getting it, if it is a reason for quitting, then quit (since SE already made their stance). SE however also posted some SMN pics with Carby in it, making people believe that maybe that will happen some day?

2.3 contents:

Ramuh - if you already cleared Levi Exand Mog Ex, Ramuh should be rather accessible, if not, then Levi Ex and Mog Ex are becoming more accessible for you (Echo).

CT - it is supposed to be the most accessible content?

Chocobo Raising - depends if your FC has a house, if not, a small house isn't that expensive.

And as for cannot do event as the class you want? What class would that be? From the sound of it, you are SMN and BLM, neither of them are being excluded from anything at all, if anything, both are a sought after class.
    Anyone will accept anything as long as it's not a DRG, 2risky4them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He wanted to stay a SMN and get Carbuncle, which SE already said they are not getting it, if it is a reason for quitting, then quit (since SE already made their stance).
    Source?

SE however also posted some SMN pics with Carby in it, making people believe that maybe that will happen some day?
    Then they should stop BSing us with their marketing material.

Talk about mis-representing their product.

Carbuncles should of been the pets and Egi should of been the big bad summon CDs like they always fucking are.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I dunno, I was really glad to replace Carbuncle myself, he's always the little guy that just shields me or whatever in the earlier FF games, so I didn't really care that much about retaining him, I was more looking forward to Ifrit and Titan.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Carbuncles should of been the pets and Egi should of been the big bad summon CDs like they always fucking are.
    This so much.

Now the all mighty Primals have been reduced to weaksauce Egi form. I'm so very not impressed.

They should replace "Enkindle" with "Summon Primal"! Where they pop out, lay the smack down, then disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Source?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...00#post2072300

Hello,

We confirmed with the Battle team that there are currently no plans to allow summoners to call forth carbuncle.
    Happy now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    This so much.

Now the all mighty Primals have been reduced to weaksauce Egi form. I'm so very not impressed.

They should replace "Enkindle" with "Summon Primal"! Where they pop out, lay the smack down, then disappear.
    I am glad it doesn't work that way.

In the past FF, you hardly use Carby as you main pet, ever! You pretty much always use the more powerful ones as you get access to them. FF8, how often was Carby used? FF11, you may have carby running behind you, but when you actually getting into fight, it is always Levi, Diablos and Fenrir.

I don't mind if they add Carby in, but currently I doubt it, they have quite a few egi incoming and SE is still probably figuring how to implement them, so until they get more pet ideas than number of pets available they probably won't add Carby in.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, fuck.

But, never say never. They just said, "no plans", which is their their response to everything.

I am glad it doesn't work that way.

In the past FF, you hardly use Carby as you main pet, ever! You pretty much always use the more powerful ones as you get access to them. FF8, how often was Carby used? FF11, you may have carby running behind you, but when you actually getting into fight, it is always Levi, Diablos and Fenrir.
    In previous FFs you never had pets ... Not in the MMO sense. In FFVIII it's a (old fashion) summon.

FFXI has the same problem as FFXIV. At least there you still can summon it.

I don't mind if they add Carby in, but currently I doubt it, they have quite a few egi incoming and SE is still probably figuring how to implement them, so until they get more pet ideas than number of pets available they probably won't add Carby in.
    This is the thing. How the fuck are they going to balance those new egis? They can't even make ifrit-egi useful.

Scrap the Primal-egis. 2 Carbuncles as main pets. Have the primals be real summons. At least then it's easy to balance - it's just another new long CD ability; that has the potential to look cool vs the current jokes that are the primal-egis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hlad you didn't get to design the SMN job then.

SMN has always been about using the Primals, stick me in Carby 24-7, thanks but no thanks. FFXIV use a slightly different system to XI (no dedicated support class) so I am interested to see how they do Levi and Ramuh as in XI Levi was the more support summon. I like my variety of egi, and I prefer any of them over Carby myself, so I am glad they don't force Carby down my throat.

Ifirit isn't as bad as you think. While not as widely usable as Garuda, on fights where target is constant without too much melee AoE (eg Ifrit Hard comes to mind) Ifrit can do pretty decent damage, as their base damage is higher than Garuda, and next patch Ifrit egi is getting a buff on its abilities also, overall it should be rather equal to Garuda for its Contagion.

Also, Carby? Looks cool? Well I guess it is personal taste at this point but I prefer the egi to Carby any day.

- - - Updated - - -

As for XI you can at least summon Carby, you can run around with it is pretty much all you do, as I said any big fight you will be using specific avator anyway. If they add a "walk around" Carby you will then cry about it not being viable, which is probably why SE didn't leave it in there in the first place.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am hlad you didn't get to design the SMN job then.

SMN has always been about using the Primals, stick me in Carby 24-7, thanks but no thanks. FFXIV use a slightly different system to XI (no dedicated support class) so I am interested to see how they do Levi and Ramuh as in XI Levi was the more support summon. I like my variety of egi, and I prefer any of them over Carby myself, so I am glad they don't force Carby down my throat.

Ifirit isn't as bad as you think. While not as widely usable as Garuda, on fights where target is constant without too much melee AoE (eg Ifrit Hard comes to mind) Ifrit can do pretty decent damage, as their base damage is higher than Garuda, and next patch Ifrit egi is getting a buff on its abilities also, overall it should be rather equal to Garuda for its Contagion.

Also, Carby? Looks cool? Well I guess it is personal taste at this point but I prefer the egi to Carby any day.

- - - Updated - - -

As for XI you can at least summon Carby, you can run around with it is pretty much all you do, as I said any big fight you will be using specific avator anyway. If they add a "walk around" Carby you will then cry about it not being viable, which is probably why SE didn't leave it in there in the first place.
    Well we just have to agree to disagree.

The primals as we have them now, look like play doh figurines. About as impressive as the children's toy. Not to mention ugly.

I rather have them as big impressive summons TYVM.

The Carbies in this game are just about as effective as their Egi counterparts. The only thing holding them back is lower stats.

My preference, I'm sticking with it. If SE wants to dance the line with my sub, they are free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I completely agree. Obviously you can't make the summons too powerful or the summoner would be the "required" class for all groups.

But I would have been happy if the summoner's limit break was a random summon with a cool animation or some sort of long cooldown to choose for different purposes.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2014-07-07 at 03:06 PM.

Okay..quit. No one will miss you, trust me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgmore View Post
    Okay..quit. No one will miss you, trust me on that.
    You know everyone he plays with and got their input before making that statement, did you? :P

You want them to change the design because of something you'd prefer? Seems a bit selfish and narcissistic to me. It would be akin to me quitting WoW because I can't keep an enslave on my lock; or not being able to enslave demon-flagged core hounds to run around with.

Maybe you could get with a group that can carry you and let you use your carbuncle? A lot of fights are mechanics anyway if you have a few geared players. Again, in WoW, you can use the pet you want, even if it isn't perfect; not everyone wanted to use Succy when it was simmed to be the best in the past.

I don't see them as ignoring the playerbase just because they don't implement this one pet as end game for a small group of players. If they did it, it would be nice, but not a requirement and claiming they are 'dancing the line' with your sub ... every game is doing that at every moment that has one. Happy people stay, unhappy people leave. It is how WoW lost 5-6 million subs.

The carbuncles look like plushies, but the egi look nothing like play-doh.

Have fun with the game. Stop playing if this is a deal breaker, or learn to accept the fact and play the -rest of the game- outside competitive raiding/group content with the carbuncle you want ... since you don't need to be min/maxed for all groups nor world content.