LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    1) Timeless Isle
    2) Open random chests / kill rares.
    3) Get i496 loot.
    4) Profit.
    That's basically all you need to know right there. ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to mention if you just farm mobs on Timeless Isle after you open your chests, you can get more tokens to drop. Rares, elites, even the regular mobs can drop them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is definitely the answer. I honestly just can't fathom seeing all the fresh (I'm assuming) 90s roll around still in greens and sub 460 blues. And I wonder who in the world buys or crafts the 476 stuff, much less the blue crafted PvP gear. Like, seriously, who is this for anymore unless it's unique for transmog?

Unless someone is just really, really unlucky with RNG they should have most slots covered after their first trip to the Island, if they weren't already farming tokens on a previous toon. But I guess there's a lot of players that don't read the patch notes, don't come to forums or WoW sites and don't ask questions in game.

Forgot to mention if you just farm mobs on Timeless Isle after you open your chests, you can get more tokens to drop. Rares, elites, even the regular mobs can drop them.
    Spend any time on just one toon and you're sending stacks of tokens to your other alts. You'll be clearing out bank space to hold all the tokens that drop. It's always Christmas Time on Timeless Isle.

And don't forget to once a week tag a Celestial when a raid is downing them. Free i550 or i553 loot chance with possible bonus roll if you've got the seals. I got a 550 belt and 553 gloves from one tag once.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-06 at 07:37 PM.

Well I still have sub i460 stuff. My weapon, 1 trinket, 2 rings, glove, neck. If I recall correctly, you can replace everything but the weapon. Is there a best way to do this? Chest farming seems impractical because you dont know where you've been...atlesat I dont track down where I have opened up every chest.

Rep farm on main --> send cloth to priest?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Well I still have sub i460 stuff. My weapon, 1 trinket, 2 rings, glove, neck. If I recall correctly, you can replace everything but the weapon. Is there a best way to do this? Chest farming seems impractical because you dont know where you've been...atlesat I dont track down where I have opened up every chest.

Rep farm on main --> send cloth to priest?

You do know where you've been, because you can only open the chests once on each character. You see them on the ground in the spot they are supposed to be on the map I linked, you open it, and the chest disappears. You will not see it again. If you just follow the spots marked on the map, it's really not that difficult to know where you've gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post

You do know where you've been, because you can only open the chests once on each character. You see them on the ground in the spot they are supposed to be on the map I linked, you open it, and the chest disappears. You will not see it again. If you just follow the spots marked on the map, it's really not that difficult to know where you've gone.
    I uh...did not know that. I figured they would just give timeless isle coins..
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle gets you 496s in every slot except weapon/off-hand and a second trinket. You can get one guaranteed Burden of Eternity from the chest near Ordos, so that's a free 535. Celestials can get you 553 tier gloves/legs or 550 PvP items, Ordos gives you 559 items. If you're lucky, you can get at least loot from one of them. That SHOULD get you into SoO LFR. If not, the spinning vendor in Shrine gives you a quest to do a heroic scenario and that gives a guaranteed 516. There's a quest line that starts with Lorewalker Cho that gives either 502 or 522 boots. Plus, Garrosh drops BoA weapons from Flex/Normal/Heroic if you get lucky enough to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you need to do is this:

...that will show you on your map the location of all chests. When you've opened a chest it doesn't appear on the map anymore. After weekly reset it continues to just show you the weekly chests that you haven't done yet. I forget though, whether or not it shows you the location of the statue. There's a statue up near the bridge to the Ordos area that once a week you touch it and it shoots you up into the air with a glider so that you can come down and open chests that are in the clouds. Three chests per week from the clouds is the best I've been able to do.

The big one, the Blazing Chest I think it is, over in the Ordos area, is the best chest of the whole deal and one time only. I think I've got a Burden on every single toon I've done it on. Be smart about which piece of gear you use it on so that it's not a piece that you would better be served by a crafted piece and not one of the pieces likely to drop from a Celestial kill. Depending on your class and server you might only ever see one or two of these so creating the "right" piece of i535 gear would be wise.

Depending on class the coins needed for the Timeless weapons might be an issue. My paladin I rolled out in Prot spec and I was lucky to get hooked up with a group farming rep so after an hour or so of destroying the rep area over and over I had the coin to buy one the first night. Nowadays I rarely see that happen and I've instead got the PvP weapons on other toons, which are higher ilvl anyhow and given the season minimum Honor necessary to unlock them at the vendor you'll also be buying at least two or more i522 pieces. Since the PvP Power doesn't count against the itemization budget these aren't as bad for PvE as previous expansions and their lack of lots of sockets makes them certainly no worse than the Timeless pieces.

Do the three PvP bosses (easily soloable once you know the strat) in Karasang Wilds for ~800+ Honor a day, depending on perks and banner and race and such, do the quickie dailies in Venture Bay in Northrend and choose Honor instead of Valor for Thundering dailes and that'll reduce the number of BGs per day grinding Honor, if that's not your thing.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-07 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Timeless Isle gets you 496s in every slot except weapon/off-hand and a second trinket. You can get one guaranteed Burden of Eternity from the chest near Ordos, so that's a free 535. Celestials can get you 553 tier gloves/legs or 550 PvP items, Ordos gives you 559 items. If you're lucky, you can get at least loot from one of them. That SHOULD get you into SoO LFR. If not, the spinning vendor in Shrine gives you a quest to do a heroic scenario and that gives a guaranteed 516. There's a quest line that starts with Lorewalker Cho that gives either 502 or 522 boots. Plus, Garrosh drops BoA weapons from Flex/Normal/Heroic if you get lucky enough to get them.
    I got a Burden, but it sucks that you have to use it on the actual token rather than the item itself. Ordos theres no way to sneak around with the kite, right? You gotta actually have the damn cloak? Can I do a heroic scenario? Most are looking to make it easy...not harder, because I am undergeared. Might ask my guildies. I havent been able to clear past flex 2 as far as now, been having issues on Malk..
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Isn't there a 496 weapon available of one of the vendors? I think the two-handed weapons go for 20K coins and one-handed weapons go for 10K?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not i496, they're a tad better than the greenies you get from a boosted lvl90 conversion. They're i489 so since Timeless Isle was introduced the weapons available for Honor have been higher ilvl. The catch with that though is the Timeless weapon can be upgraded with Valor. Still, the i522 Honor weapons are better and offer more variation even if you can't further upgrade them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Can I hijack the thread slightly: What is the best way to gear once 510+ WITHOUT LFR? Is it only BOE's, flex and world bosses then?
    Craftable gear: 522 helm/boots with haunting spirits, 553 belt (because I assume you got the 553 tier pieces from celestials or the WF from Ordos).

510s is usually sufficient for Flex 1, although finding a group that will let you in at 510s is a different matter.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle stuff. By the time you're done finding every slot, you should have a few burdens to upgrade pieces. Simca's convenient chest location guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...en-Chest-Guide

Have a crafter make you pieces for the two crafted slots (belt and... hat? I don't remember the other now).

Do at least one heroic scenario for the guaranteed ilvl 515.

That should be enough to let you jump right into Siege LFR. On my last alt, I was ready from hitting 90 in only a few hours, although to be fair I already has some relevant Timeless Isle tokens banked, so I really had to only fill in the holes and find some burdens.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

You should just get the conquest cap and gear with prideful and just skip LFR.
    I did the conq cap farm after the change and it was not painful at all, about 50% winrate (sometimes you will get geared people against you even at 490ilvl if you win few times in a row) and the matches were really quick.

Remember that 550 PvP gear is just as good as 550 PvE gear aside from 2-3 gem sockets and trinkets, sometimes even the setbonuses are good for PvE.
    So most certainly it is better than LFR gear for PvE if you just get trinkets from elsewhere.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Errrrrr......maybe its me, but when I queued on my DK tank, I just did nothing.....I did no damage, got cc'd while my other person was blown up.

I WOULD do PvP if it wasnt for the fact that I get about a 10-30% winrate, including autoquits.

And for what its worth, my dk tank is i537 with pve gear.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Can I hijack the thread slightly: What is the best way to gear once 510+ WITHOUT LFR? Is it only BOE's, flex and world bosses then?
    Honor gear. It's ilvl 522, and includes weapons and offhands. Only the PvP trinkets are bad for PvE.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Some give coins, many randomly give gear tokens. The rares and mobs on the island can drop tokens too.

Errrrrr......maybe its me, but when I queued on my DK tank, I just did nothing.....I did no damage, got cc'd while my other person was blown up.

I WOULD do PvP if it wasnt for the fact that I get about a 10-30% winrate, including autoquits.
    If you don't want to do arenas for conquest, or bgs for honor, you can do dungeons and convert justice points to honor and buy the 522 honor gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Some give coins, many randomly give gear tokens. The rares and mobs on the island can drop tokens too.

If you don't want to do arenas for conquest, or bgs for honor, you can do dungeons and convert justice points to honor and buy the 522 honor gear.
    Do you know how long it would take to get to honor cap, whatever it is? I dont even know what the cap is, or how much a full set of 522 gear roughly costs :X
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the only piece of info you need:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...en-Chest-Guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know how long it would take to get to honor cap, whatever it is? I dont even know what the cap is, or how much a full set of 522 gear roughly costs :X
    Honor caps at 4k, helm/shoulders/legs are 2250 each, shoulders/gloves/trinkets are 1750 each, cloak/rings/neck are 1250 each, weapons are 3500 for 2h/2250 for spellpower 1h/1750 for other 1h and offhands.