Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whats the best way to get geared for LFR SoO asap, on a new alt?

Just hit 90. i439 or whatever bullshit, quest greens and blues. I would prefer to skip heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

1) Timeless Isle
    2) Open random chests / kill rares.
    3) Get i496 loot.
    4) Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    1) Timeless Isle
    2) Open random chests / kill rares.
    3) Get i496 loot.
    4) Profit.
    Is there an addon or whatever, where I can get a list of all treasure locations?
    And does each treasure correlate to different gear? as in, I won't get two headpieces from two different chests?
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Do they also work for timeless rares?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

I use _NPCScan.Overlay to show me the relative positions of rare mobs on the map, there's probably a better one for timeless isle but it works great for looking for rares in general.

Whats the deal with chests, you can only loot one type once? so, one moss, one smoldering, one sturdy? Anything else Im missing? Seems liek some of the other chests are much harder to get to
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Don't you have a geared main that has a bunch of pieces from timeless isle that you could just mail to the alt? if not go to battle.net and restore all of the pieces you need for the alt that you sold on the main. That's the easiest way.

Then buy or craft some epics for the alt and you'll be ready

10+ Year Old Account
    Each character can open each timeless chest once (aside from the five weekly chests). The items you get from the chests are fully account bound (cross server and faction), so your other characters can help you with gear pieces your alt might not have gotten from the chests.

You cannot get a weapon from the chests (you can buy a 489 weapon for 20k timeless coins, or do the Arena of Annihilation scenario that gives you the 450 blue weapon from the quest). You can only wear one trinket from the timeless isle chests, unless you're able to make one for two different specs...say, tank and dps.

If you're not at 496 by that point to enter SoO, you could try getting enough honor or JP to convert to honor to buy the last pieces you need for ilvl, the honor PvP gear is 522 ilvl.

I use this guide for timeless isle chest locations.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...en-Chest-Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Don't you have a geared main that has a bunch of pieces from timeless isle that you could just mail to the alt? if not go to battle.net and restore all of the pieces you need for the alt that you sold on the main. That's the easiest way.

Then buy or craft some epics for the alt and you'll be ready
    I can do that? Because on my main, I just literally vendored everything that wasnt plate, and I just did that with the character Im leveling now, for cloth, respectively.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I can do that? Because on my main, I just literally vendored everything that wasnt plate, and I just did that with the character Im leveling now, for cloth, respectively.
    Yeah, they're Bind to Account so you can send them to any of your characters

Deleted
    timeless isle + crafted stuff including helmet and boots

just to clarify, the tokens are BoA. Once you turn them into armor items the items soul-bound. Also, if you use a Burden of Eternity (which are soul-bound) the resulting armor is also soul bound.

Also, as you are running around TI, try to get a celestial kill. They have removed 'tagging' on celestial so it doesn't matter who started the fight, as long as you do damage to the celestial you can get loot. The only restriction is that you can get loot from any of the celestial once per week (i.e. you kill Yuan and have an opportunity to get loot, any other kills of _any_ of the celestials will not give a shot at loot).

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    just to clarify, the tokens are BoA. Once you turn them into armor items the items soul-bound. Also, if you use a Burden of Eternity (which are soul-bound) the resulting armor is also soul bound.

Also, as you are running around TI, try to get a celestial kill. They have removed 'tagging' on celestial so it doesn't matter who started the fight, as long as you do damage to the celestial you can get loot. The only restriction is that you can get loot from any of the celestial once per week (i.e. you kill Yuan and have an opportunity to get loot, any other kills of _any_ of the celestials will not give a shot at loot).
    Yep! Got gold like usual :/
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    just to clarify, the tokens are BoA. Once you turn them into armor items the items soul-bound...
    Since he said he vendored everything that wasn't plate all he vendored was the tokens. You can't, if you're a plate wearer, turn a cloth token into a piece of armor for it to become soul bound. Blizz likely did that so that you couldn't make a lot of gold vendoring the token drops, since the pieces go for a lot more gold at the vendor than the tokens do. You also can't farm as many pieces to DE for crystals, which go for a lot more than the pieces vendor for (4-5x on currently on my server).

The soulbound nature really only has implications if you're on a, for instance, paladin or DK and you plan to send overflow plate drops to a warrior (or any combination of main+alt plate). You want to just send the token. You can't convert two chest pieces, for instance, decide which one you want to wear on the main and send the other piece to the alt. Gotta send the un-activated token.

Yep! Got gold like usual :/
    You vendored tokens. Go restore that shit!
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-06 at 05:20 PM.

buy/craft 553 belt and legs, coin celestial and ordos
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Can I hijack the thread slightly: What is the best way to gear once 510+ WITHOUT LFR? Is it only BOE's, flex and world bosses then?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Can I hijack the thread slightly: What is the best way to gear once 510+ WITHOUT LFR? Is it only BOE's, flex and world bosses then?
    NVM (stuff deleted) thought I read getting to 510+ not once you're there...sorry.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-06 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Kill the three PVP rares in Krasarang and do the PVP dailys on Isle of Thunder each day. Do Tol Barad and Wintergrasp whenever it's up. Do arena.

PvP is by far the best way to gear up for PvE at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post

I hope you didn't just vendor the Timeless Mail/Cloth/Leather/Plate items when they were only 5 gold a pop :P. I got a whole bunch on my alts and I send them to the respective armor wearer.

Have them turn the pieces into spec specific gear and then sell that piece.

Make the 5g vendor price go up to 11 gold to 35 gold depending on the piece.

My mage gets all the cloth so i can get sha crystals for nothing and then sell them for like 100g a pop :P