Poll: What's your favorite Rogue tier set?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For sure the Tier 8, Terrorblade, purple set. I love most, if not all, the Ulduar tier sets. I don't know if it's tied to nostalgia or what, but they're all very original and just cool looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard for me...but my two favorites are t5 and t7.5.

I absolutely love t17 mythic so far. Very assassination themed.

T2 and T3 are my favorites by far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Finding it very difficult to choose between the older sets, as I'm strangely emotionally attached to all of them in some way. However, if I had to pick favorites it would be a tie between Deathmantle and Slayer's. With the exception of Normal-mode Phoenix, the newer sets seem a bit too flashy and over the top, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Icarius; 2014-07-20 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a rogue tier that isn't nice to look at by far the best class tier set. I would say Blood Fang is the most iconic and for me would be THE rogue set to have. As a Monk tho I wouldn't mind having tier 11 as I don't see many rogues in that set and it looks like it could be used as a Monk set.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    As a Monk tho I wouldn't mind having tier 11 as I don't see many rogues in that set and it looks like it could be used as a Monk set.

Yeah, I find it a bit surprising how unpopular T11 really seems to be, judging by the poll. I personally thought it looked kinda neat when it came out, I actually liked the "flashy Beduin" sort of look. In retrospect now I find that the colors just don't match very well in both recolors, and the recolors also don't look very different from one another. If the colors were better, say black and dark grey with some highlights, I'd totally rock T11.

T2 - T3 - T5.

There are other Rogue sets that look pretty cool but these 3 stand out above the rest. The best sets are always the ones that you feel you just have to mog fully... there's no random belt or boots... it has to be the complete set.

No experience with anything past t11 so I didn't really consider them. I really like T2, T5, and T8 (T5 being my fave). I know it's not listed either, but someone mentioned dungeon sets and I'd have to agree with Assassination gear as being awesome (I also really liked Dark Mantle!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely tier 3, Bonescythe! Swaggin' it right now and doubt I ever change transmog!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I voted:

Tier 2: Bloodfang Armor
    Tier 5: Deathmantle Armor
    Tier 9 Alliance: VanCleef's Battlegear
    Tier 15: Nine-Tail Battlegear

EDIT: should have voted for the Challenge mode set as well, didn't notice it in the poll at first
    Last edited by wonderlust; 2014-07-21 at 09:54 PM.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Easily the best set tier set is Nightslayer Armor. It has ideal shoulder, torso, feet proportions when viewed from behind while playing your character. I agree that there are better textured, better detailed sets, but even the subtlety of Nightslayer Armor seems best thematically.

My choice was based on viewing the armor on a male human, and I didn't emphasize the color palette of each set or the uniqueness of the design, simply how the gear looks on my character.

Notable mentions would be Bonescyte Armor and Silent Assassin Armor for the same reasons, and to continue the discussion I thought Blackfang Battleweave, Battlegear of the Thousandfold Blades, and Nine-Tail Battlegear were the worst designed sets for this class.

Nightslayer has awful shoulders, in form and proportion and the strange collar doesn't help
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Nightslayer has awful shoulders, in form and proportion and the strange collar doesn't help
    I'm okay with your statement, but give me an armor that looks good in contrast to reference your statement. Other tier shoulders emphasizes the model sitting too low or too high. I do think, however, the Shadowblade Pauldrons had great proportions as well though.

I don't like rogue tier armor. I like the Furious/Wrathful Leather Shoulders.
    -Voltaire
    winning

10+ Year Old Account
    With hat:

Tier 2
    Tier 5
    Tier 3/7 (Tier 7 much better quality; Tier 3 better colours)
    Tier 16 - LFR colouring. (HM okay. Normal ugly.)

Without hat:
    Tier 4
    Tier 8 - ten man version
    Tier 10
    Tier 12

I like the design/style of CM set (in fact it's my transmog) but I would have preferred it in different colouring.

Shoutout to the Burning Crusade dungeon set.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Fond of the Bonescythe set. Nothing elaborate or overly flashy. Just enough detail to be interesting and look awesome without being impractical for gear being worn by an assassin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

tier 6 with visions tho i really like tier 17 mystic

It's called Mythic!
    -Voltaire
    winning

I like the Dark Phoenix set hc from the raiding pieces , but in my opinion nothing even comes close to the Season 11 Cataclysmic gladiator elite set