Deleted

Improving my DPS / Stats

Hi fellow shamans! (Or mostly Enhancement shamans)

I recently just joined a 14/14 HC guild and i really wanna step up my game. The first raid i attended i was buttom lowest, but i was also learning the mechanics and how they did each fight, without having to think about fucking up. However for the next raid, i know how they do each boss and i want to step up my game.

My logs: (I'm not allowed to post links)

They're on Warcraftlogs.com. Search under Malorum-Silvermoon for most recent (new guild) & Backroom Casting Couch-Outland for older versions (which might be better, even though i was leading them)

Hopefully some skilled enhancement shamans would have time or passion to go through my logs and tell me what i can do better. Also to note, i had a few latency problems for this raid that i wouldn't normally have. And i was assigned to do markings on Malkorok etc. Which might take me away from focussing on dps'ing at my best.

Here's a link to my armory:

Comshock - Silvermoon.

As i'm aware my mastery is a little low, because of some of my pieces not having Mastery on (bracers, boots, belt, MH or shoulders. I know i'm supposed to be playing with only 4 Tier items. But currently i'm lacking too much Valor points to be able to pop up a efficient item which wont drag me down on either haste or mastery).

I'm also looking for the perfect Custom Values to AMR (Ask Mr. Robot). Just to ensure that i'm not offering too much mastery or haste.

Looking forward for the responses.

Best Regards

Comshock.

Deleted
    I only really looked at the Malkorok/IJ fights briefly.

You have 2 ascendances on both fights yet only 3 stormblasts, you should have 4.

Ideally you wouldn't want herbalism, but you only use lifeblood at the start but never recast it, despite it being on a 2min CD.

I noticed you probably died at the end of IJ, but on malkorok it lasts more than 3 mins but you still only have 2 EMs used. You may have been saving it for the 2nd Fire Elemental, but you should be able to see that the boss is going to die before you get it up and just use EM by itself.

You also don't use Earth Shock at all.

All those probably wouldn't cause the DPS deficit by themselves, but I'm a bit lazy to look that in-depth. Just saying what stood out to me from looking quickly.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e-done&boss=-2
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

Put up the links for you for others to look at, though.

Deleted
    Thanks for posting the links and giving the feedback!

I'm well aware of the earth shock and is at the moment trying to put it into the already pretty annoying "rotation". My Lifeblood is put into a macro with EM, but surely i should know that their CD no longer is along each other.

I'm going to hammer in those Stormblasts more!

About the herbalism. Am i right that enhancement shamans would want engineering (as any other DPS's) or would you prefer something like BS which could give me mastery / haste? And what about Alchemy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenest View Post
    Thanks for posting the links and giving the feedback!

I'm well aware of the earth shock and is at the moment trying to put it into the already pretty annoying "rotation". My Lifeblood is put into a macro with EM, but surely i should know that their CD no longer is along each other.

I'm going to hammer in those Stormblasts more!

About the herbalism. Am i right that enhancement shamans would want engineering (as any other DPS's) or would you prefer something like BS which could give me mastery / haste? And what about Alchemy?
    The main thing is just to have 2 non-gathering professions, but I do think BS/Engi is supposed to be the "optimal". I personally would recommend getting Engi as it has a lot of uses, but any non-gathering second profession is fine. The difference between 320 agility and 640 mastery is marginal enough for it not to really matter.

Profession stat perks are being removed in WoD anyway, so it won't matter for much longer. Other Engineering bonuses like nitro boosts will share a CD with your potion, so in the long term it won't really be too important.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, that's true! I'm probably going to get engineering anyway!

Keep in mind that come WoD, the profession bonuses will be going away, and as this group is done with progression, it might not be worth it to spend the money to switch professions.

Deleted
    I just wanna pull my deal of the weight. To be fair professions wont matter that much on a dps meter. I found out it's my prio that's wrong. Etc not using Earth Shock. Meaning that i'm using my Flame Shock wrong. U gotta pop Unleash elements then Flame Shock and keep it up for the duration, so the Flame Shock alone is strong.

Deleted
    Here if what Purge wrote to me on Sentrytotem:

Hello,

Haste and mastery are roughly equivalent in most situations. People tend to stack mastery because it's a little more flexible (for example, if you had belt duty on Siegecrafter Blackfuse back when the damage checks were difficult to meet, stacking mastery was better than stacking haste, because the fire elemental would bug out on the belt, and the fire elemental accounts for a significant proportion of our overall haste scaling), but that's less of an issue these days. You shouldn't worry too much about how much haste or mastery you have so long as you're not doing something crazy like stacking critical strike rating.

Your armory appears to be fine for the most part, so I'll just offer some brief comments on your Malkorok parse (let me know if you want me to analyze another fight):

The fight lasted 3 minutes and 14 seconds (194s), which is long enough for you to have used Elemental Mastery 3 times; however, you only appear to have used it twice. If you were planning on a slightly faster kill, it would have been beneficial for you to delay your 2nd Elemental Mastery use in order to synchronize it with your second potion and ascendance. You also appear to have only used your Lifeblood haste racial 1 time throughout the fight (on the pull).

For your rotational abilities, you managed to use Unleash Elements every ~17.4 seconds (on average), Lava Lash every ~12.1 seconds, Stormstrike or Stormblast every ~10.2 seconds, and Flame Shock every 7.76 seconds (you didn't use earth shock at all). You cast lightning bolt 16 times, which means you only consumed up to 80 maelstrom charges out of the 93 that you generated (~86% efficiency). There's room for some significant improvements here - you're essentially casting everything as if it had a 2s longer cooldown than it actually does.

You're also casting flame shock way too much (and earth shock not at all for some reason). On live, flame shock snapshots its damage on application. In other words, if you apply it with unleash flame (+40% damage) and a trinket proc or two, you don't want to overwrite that DoT with a new flameshock that won't benefit from either thing.