View Poll Results: Which definition do you think fits our post-industrial western civilization best?

Voters
25. This poll is closed
  • Enlightened beings that have moved beyond war.

6 24.00%
  • Slowly becoming infantilized, wards of the state, and sliding backwards into a dictatorship.

19 76.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    HAHAHAHA! OH MY HAHAHAH!
    This is so mindblowingly wrong. Sorry, but it really is. The only thing that is currently keeping us from massive wars is a unified stability and co-dependance. If that falls, if that is broken, the world will go completely tits up in an instant.
    Put me into every position of power and we won't have any more wars at least. Never understood how killing each other is > cooperating peacefully.

This being said, neither option fits our society today because, on a large scale, governments are composed out of fear and war mongering money gluttons. Only when we stop eating $150 chocolate with gold inside (which is the only thing that makes it more expensive that $5) we will become truly peaceful, enlightened and educated.

Dream on. When pointing up, you are just pointing to falling bombs. The dream of revolution is just a devastating insanity.. Like i said..dream on..