Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't think throwing out the EU is necessarily a bad thing. The downside, there's a lot of really cool stories that have been labeled non-canon. The upside is that now there's one unified Star Wars universe, and the authors that made those stories now have a chance to create something new and have it be considered as legitimate as the movies.

It kind of sucks for fans, but if Disney doesn't fuck it up I think Star Wars as a whole will be better off in 20 years. That being said, a label thrown on after the fact can't make me enjoy Knights of the Old Republic 2 any less. To me, the Force will always be as Kreia taught it. Even if I don't agree with her methods, what she taught was truth, and no one, not Disney or Lucas, could ever take that story away from me.
    Darth Kreia is one of the best written characters in the SW universe she's definitely one my favorite characters in the series. Hell the whole Triumvirate in Kotor2 was really interesting.

I'm definitely not going to stop reading/loving the good EU books and games. I was just kinda bummed out that we aren't going to get a Jacen Solo or Thrawn movies. I want to have faith in Disney but I don't know, I'll wait till Ep 7 to get an idea for the future of Star Wars through Disney. There is one thing I agree with and that is that it's in better hands now than it was with George Lucas.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2014-07-07 at 06:29 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

So we are comparing to immeasurable things that are entirely based on an individual's level of experience/understanding. I don't think these can even be compared.

Apples and Oranges, they're both fruit but so different and are used for different things (along with eating)
    The Force and Vulcan Mind powers, they're both mental abilities but so different and are used for different things (along with being mind powers)