Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sorry for being out of touch recently.

Max is making strides in warlock talents. We have cataclysm, charred remains, soulburn haunt, and new grimoire of sacrifice for affliction/destruction in. Still working on getting demonic servitude/demonbolt/grimoire of synergy working.

APL is highly outdated, I don't like to constantly push my local apls because updating the core is annoying to say the least. Once we get everything fully functioning I'll make the APLs available to the public.

That being said, we should have servitude in relatively soon. The only talents I'd like to refrain from for now are grimoire of synergy and demonbolt, as they are still highly iterative and untuned.

Opening the flood gates for real logs. That means you can use trinkets, talents, glyphs, enchants, etc etc. Prefer that the log be on a dummy and run the full 100-0. Aware it can take an upwards of 15 minutes to do a test such as this, but its the most accurate way to go about testing things.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Do you care about gear sets still?
    Yes, if you used the default premade gear with no changes it doesn't matter. If you changed any pieces of gear or enchants I'd like to know so I can replicate the exact situation in the sim.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/5686

Here is a link to my logs, 21st and 28th are the only ones you should probably look any log that didn't have 'wrath of tarecgosa' I used Gaze of Arrogance with the exact same gear as in my armory. With mastery enchants, flask, and food.

They are from raid testing and due to DCing I forgot to re run combatlog a lot.
    Last edited by Durantye; 2014-07-29 at 03:22 AM.

demonic servitude is in, we will release an executable soon-ish for debugging purposes (buff/dot/procc uptimes, talent interactions, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go: At
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...in64-07-30.zip
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...30-ed91f0d.dmg
    you can find the latest nightly build for the senior simcraft users to play around with.

The purpose of this is to find any bugs that are still in the warlock model of simcraft (uptimes of buffs/dots and proc interactions).
    GrimSyn and Demonbolt are not yet in. APLs are not really updated.
    As soon as WoD hits the number tuning phase we can then properly support blizzard to have our specs and talents be on par with the rest.

Please report issues preferably here: https://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/issues/list
    If it's just a minor issue, you can just answer here.

as with any (beta) release of simc, no guarantees given :-)
    Last edited by Berthold; 2014-07-31 at 07:27 AM.

@Gahddo:
    Do you just need logs from Warlocks, or do you update Simulationcraft for the other classes too?

I'm asking, since I consider rerolling to a DoT class, which is less broken than Affliction (just my opinion, no need for going too much off topic).

Here are some more logs for you guys to go over. its hard to create a perfect environment since people come up and start beating on the dummy that your already killing... not to mention the human error that creeps its way in on a 18+ minute kill when you are alone. regardless I did the best i could to provide good logs for a quick look at demo and aff. will try and gather more with other talents and such. all logs are with my Orc warlock wearing stock gear minus small tweeks for each spec

Demonology
    used default gear plus mastery enchants on cloak, neck, rings and haste enchant on weapon (all from the vendor in org). Pet's name is Arax-ithak. used Sup/AV/Cata
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/KgNA3r1G7RjBvzqh/#type=summary

Affliction
    Used default gear enchanted with haste on Cloak, neck, rings and weapon (all from the vendor in org). Pet's name is Bragmek. used Sup/AV/SB:Haunt
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLFkcWGDNPQH8AvX/#type=summary

I dunno, the guy that posted those simcraft logs showing a lock pulling 16k in aff spec, i was able to get 14.5k in aff with just a one button spam macro and using AHK to auto fire my keyboard. i think the advantage of the auto fire spamming adds to your dps lol, but my conection is legendary to the servers too which helps.

side note i left haunt out of the macro, aff is so stupid easy now its hard not to be able to reach max, which i guess is nice too, i never was one that took DPS rotations serious, and this gives me a spec i can do well with and talk to the wife read a book or whatever. When marco toolkit is updated i can create a far more powerful macro, and lots of the classes will be far more easy to macro near top DPS.

Pallies were funny, with their somewhat first come first serve rotation, just set AHK to spam 1-5 for example and anything that comes off cooldown is mashed, you can also pull great DPS with that. BM was easy too.

I guess wow is headed for consoles? lol

Quote Originally Posted by danielhol View Post
    I dunno, the guy that posted those simcraft logs showing a lock pulling 16k in aff spec, i was able to get 14.5k in aff with just a one button spam macro and using AHK to auto fire my keyboard. i think the advantage of the auto fire spamming adds to your dps lol, but my conection is legendary to the servers too which helps.

side note i left haunt out of the macro, aff is so stupid easy now its hard not to be able to reach max, which i guess is nice too, i never was one that took DPS rotations serious, and this gives me a spec i can do well with and talk to the wife read a book or whatever. When marco toolkit is updated i can create a far more powerful macro, and lots of the classes will be far more easy to macro near top DPS.

Pallies were funny, with their somewhat first come first serve rotation, just set AHK to spam 1-5 for example and anything that comes off cooldown is mashed, you can also pull great DPS with that. BM was easy too.

I guess wow is headed for consoles? lol
    Did you even think about a single thing you just typed before you posted it to the internet, or did it just come spewing out of your mouth onto your keyboard?
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Did you even think about a single thing you just typed before you posted it to the internet, or did it just come spewing out of your mouth onto your keyboard?
    Arent we so angry today lol, well kid, since you are too shallow to see my point. I was pointing out how simple wow has become, to the point it's ready for console. Rotations used to be more complex, now a single macro(if i had macrotoolkit i could do better) can do solid DPS. Furthermore, my own private macros which use auto hot key to read ovale do much better. WOW is simple regardless, there is no challenge, dont stand on glowing shit. Why you are so enraged by my post, it caused your anger to spill over and attack me is odd, there are deeper issues at work here, clearly driven by an internet ego you have formed for yourself, which drives you to these fits and outbursts.

- snip -, personal attacks aren't tolerated.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-08-05 at 07:23 AM.

Calm it down a notch lads, no need to resort to personal attacks. It won't be tolerated on these forums in any way. First and last warning.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Do you still need logs? Can we still not use Demonbolt?

Would also love to know where the WoD Beta build of SimC can be downloaded.
    Last edited by mmoc88ade52004; 2014-09-05 at 09:04 PM.

latest binary can be found at
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Apart from set bonus, we are feature complete and only debugging.
    Logs are always welcome, especially if you some how manage to collect some tier pieces. I got a lot of questions on the set bonusses :-) Also a GoSyn log

Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    latest binary can be found at
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Apart from set bonus, we are feature complete and only debugging.
    Logs are always welcome, especially if you some how manage to collect some tier pieces. I got a lot of questions on the set bonusses :-) Also a GoSyn log
    After doing three sims one for human, one for Dwarf, and one for Worgen using the T17M profile, got to wonder if the results are right.

Dwarf only did 90dps more then human, and 63 more then Worgen. With the dwarf passive working like the meta (should be) then that should be a flat 4% overall boost to every attack that crits, leaving me to believe that 90/63 dps over those to races are way to low to be right. Making me also thing maybe something was missed in the coding. Than since I not doing any math that could be right.
    Last edited by NytemareRulez; 2014-09-12 at 07:57 PM.

Hi thanks for checking!

I get
    http://1.chart.apis.google.com/chart...9482C9,3,0,15&

for the latest version. and napkin math works fine:

dwarf is 4% of everything that crits (i.e. 10% of all attacks) => 0.39% damage increases in the chart
    human has 100 versatility, i.e. 0.77% damage increase => 0.84% damage incresae in the chart.
    1% crit chance should be little bit less than 1% => 0.92% damage increase in the chart.

Deleted
    Were you testing different specs?

How does Destruction look, particularly with CR where 70% of your damage comes from an ability that always crits.

Currently, Affliction/Destro are middle to low end in starter gear. Demo is bugged on beta and if it weren't bugged, numbers would be crap.. Still waiting for a buff to that.

p.s. It looks as if melee is aimed at being stronger on patchwerk fights than ranged. I have a bad feeling about this.

Hi thanks for checking!

I get
    http://1.chart.apis.google.com/chart...9482C9,3,0,15&

for the latest version. and napkin math works fine:

dwarf is 4% of everything that crits (i.e. 10% of all attacks) => 0.39% damage increases in the chart
    human has 100 versatility, i.e. 0.77% damage increase => 0.84% damage incresae in the chart.
    1% crit chance should be little bit less than 1% => 0.92% damage increase in the chart.
    This is why I believe something is off, when I ran the profiles I got Dwarf, Worgen, Human. When you did it you got Worgen, Human, Dwarf. Two sim sets two conflicting results are which race is the best of the three for a warlock.

I currently human on live, and figure come WoD time for a change after 10yrs, so I trying to decide do I go Worgen, go with Dwarf with the new passive, or stay human.

When it comes to specs I can see Gnome for affliction (haste passive), Dwarf for Destro, and maybe Human for Demo as I bet Versatlity woulds wonder with Demo mastery.

Also in the sims profile you have us taking fel hunter. I pretty sure the combo will either be GoSupp + Demonic Serv (Terrorguard) + AD + Darksoul Glyph. Or GoSac + CR allowing you to spam CB. I don't see Cata being used expect on heavy AE fights, or on fights like sha where Sha summon reflection every 1min or so, and can just use that to get Immolate on all, throw ROF and spam CB

- - - Updated - - -

Currently, Affliction/Destro are middle to low end in starter gear. Demo is bugged on beta and if it weren't bugged, numbers would be crap.. Still waiting for a buff to that.

p.s. It looks as if melee is aimed at being stronger on patchwerk fights than ranged. I have a bad feeling about this.
    WoW that is bad, as no way caster should only be good when we have to do multiple stuff, and not just stand and dps.

SimCraft idea that would be awesome is to have a Raid profile for boss type, so instead of having to select patchwerk you can do SoO, and it sim for each boss and come back with DPS for each boss and an overall. This way you don't have to try and guess what boss fight style bosses are, SimCraft just knows.

Quote Originally Posted by NytemareRulez View Post
    SimCraft idea that would be awesome is to have a Raid profile for boss type, so instead of having to select patchwerk you can do SoO, and it sim for each boss and come back with DPS for each boss and an overall. This way you don't have to try and guess what boss fight style bosses are, SimCraft just knows.
    The idea is good, but the problem is getting and maintaining proper scripts for the boss fights (and sometimes modifying action priority lists for specific fights). The scripting engine is there, but nobody volunteers to do that. Also, there are different ways to do boss fights often having a large impact on how some specs are valued.

Current practice is to focus on key aspects of fights (ST or cleave or AoE), sim it, and pick the best spec for this task.

So I'm a SimCraft noob when it comes to APL's and such, but I've been playing around with the latest compiled download at http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/ just out of curiousity, and I wanted to suggest one improvement to the Affliction SB:H APL. Before the two lines doing the Soulburn + Haunt combo, I added this one:

Code:
    actions+=/haunt,if=shard_react&talent.soulburn_haunt.enabled&!in_flight_to_target&!buff.soulburn.up&buff.haunting_spirits.remains>4&soul_shard=4

Which basically states (I think) that if you manage to hit 4 shards with the Haunting Spirits buff still up on you, you just fire off a normal haunt avoid wasting shards or buff time. This resulted in a gain that puts it rivaling the DPS of picking Cata on Patchwerk fights. Haunting Spirits uptime drops a bit, but Haunt debuff uptime rises.

Now this line was just hurriedly added so I have no idea if it's perfectly optimal or not, and I also know tuning is still happening on Beta so there's no point spending toooo much time refining an APL, but I figured I'd mention it anyway as this has naturally been the way I've been playing my Lock with the SB:H talent anyway on beta (i.e. cast normal haunts if you're in danger of wasting shards or buff uptime).