Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Blizzard ok with this or am I wrong ??? (new update)

    Well, here is my story. In 2010 on my main rogue (but then on horde side) I was doing chain quests from Battered Hilt for sword

    Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. After some time I was got better sword in icc and couple of weeks later I was vedored my

    Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. But in cata Blizz give us one of the best thing in game (atleast for me )called transmog. Now

    since I finally have both weapons which I can transmog to Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows I was contacted gm 2 times to ask them

    to reset quest or atleast to give me back sword which I was have in 2010. Response from first gm was they can not do anything, since

    I was only do quests till I was got sword and only soulution is the change faction to horde, finish the quest chain and then AGAIN

    change faction to alliance, so maybe then I will be able to start quest from Battered Hilt again.This response for me tbh is tottaly

    unacceptable.Then before 2 days I was contacted again Blizz nicely ask them to reset quest or give me back sword and response was

    been we can not give you item which was deleted along time ago. I mean I was never complained on anything in or around game but this

    2 response for me is tottaly unacceptables with no respect to player who play this game since 2005 (not too much important, but hey

    xD).So what do you think my dear friends is Blizz in right and me tottaly wrong, or Blizz are able to help me, but they just do not
    wanna do that???

    cheers and thx

    P.S. also I wanna say sry for my bad englsih, since english is not my native language
    Last edited by cronight; 2014-07-10 at 11:07 AM.

  2. #2
    The Patient Notshauna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    306
    They won't end up giving the item back, and they'll probably won't be able to reset your quest progress. Your only hopes are transferring or hoping they'll allow people who finished the quest to buy the items.

  3. #3
    Yeah, supposedly they should have logs about every thing our character does/obtains/says but to be honest, you deleted the sword by yourself, it's not their fault they didn't reveal transmog was coming.

    By the way...why would you even delete a sword like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...*
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Ashrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The land of ice and snow.
    Posts
    898
    I had a similar thing, I wanted a shield that was from SMV quests, shame i had completed all SMV quests back in TBC, so the answer to my ticket was negative.
    Blizzard has made a policy of not giving items back which can't be recovered with their restoration tool, so it's just right they don't work outside that policy.

  5. #5
    I'm sorry for you, but I can't really say I blame Blizzard. They can't be expected to keep logs of everything that has happened for all time, and even if they did, it would be a huge amount of work everytime they needed to check something like this.

  6. #6
    Honestly? Blizzard is sticking to policy here. It sucks, but it's fair. No preferential treatment.

    However, this is the exact reason I think there should be a vendor that sells certain quest rewards now that transmog is out. If you're flagged as having completed the quest, it's available for a modest amount of gold.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  7. #7
    All I write right now, is currently not in any offense to you, but I see alot of problematic entitlements.

    First off, just because you have played the game since 2005, then it doesn't give you any priviliges. Blizzard dont run a "Patron" model, thus that arguement with "No respect" wont get you anywhere.

    Second off, you deleted the item, and never finished the whole quest. In that case, it could be something in the coding which pretty much prevents it. Other than that, resetting the quest wont happen unless you are completely bugged and there is no way out. Why? Because then everyone would scream it, and that wont get pretty.

    So all in all, they can help you, but refuse to do it, because otherwise, they are going to address alot more cases like this, so yeah.

  8. #8
    Since you destroyed it / sold it so long ago it's highly doubtful there's anything they can realistically do.

    This is why, for such a special, unique item, you probably should've held on to it, if even just to show off. It's the reason I saved mine, just in case they added something.

    I don't want to say you're wrong... but... you're wrong... and pretty much SOL. Sorry.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

  9. #9
    Warchief MickM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,181
    I had the same thing with various items I deleted before transmog came around. I contacted Blizz loads of times, but they never helped me.

    I had to re-run the ICC dungeons again at lvl 85 (back when I wanted it), so get the battered hilt again.

  10. #10
    The Patient Canyouweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    270
    In this case, they would have to make an exception, because it "violates" the terms of use, or something, I'm not good with legal terms, quest is finished, and the item is deleted a long time ago.

    You have a valid point, but Blizzard can't reach out to every customer's specific request, simply, it would be too much, imo.
    Last edited by Canyouweed; 2014-07-07 at 11:34 AM.
    CPU: Intel i5-4670k @ 4Ghz ( CM V8 GTS ) MB: ASUS Z87 Gryphon GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II
    RAM: 2 x 4 GB Corsair Vengenace PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 750W
    Case: Cooler Master Haf X

    Peripherals : G430/G600/G105/Altec Lansing 5.1 Screen: Dell S2740L

  11. #11
    According to their policy they have done nothing wrong.

    According to my personal opinion it is. Not in an exaggerated "ffs blizz wth is wrong with you you greedy %#*&!, but still, with transmogrification being around for this long, and the habit of people collecting items from the game, there should be a far more better treatment towards mistakes or regrettable decisions than a "We are sorry but we can't help you on this matter" attitude. They can, and they should help; in this instance they can see whether you have completed the quest, and give you the item, it's not that hard.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2014-07-07 at 11:40 AM.

  12. #12
    After a certain time, GMs can't restore items. They do not keep back ups of every single account dating back years. Go farm another one.

    Also, if you are contacting a GM, you might want to have someone proof read your ticket...your english is bad, it might tick off someone trying to read it.

  13. #13
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Honestly? Blizzard is sticking to policy here. It sucks, but it's fair. No preferential treatment.

    However, this is the exact reason I think there should be a vendor that sells certain quest rewards now that transmog is out. If you're flagged as having completed the quest, it's available for a modest amount of gold.
    Pretty much this.

    They aren't our babysitters, we are to hold the items we want and save them. Of course, I know some didn't think about that but others did think about saving it. They have a clear cut policy, and all the way back to WoTLK to get an epic is a bit too much to ask for, I would think.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    You have a valid point, but Blizzard can't reach out to every customer's specific request, simply, it would be too much, imo.
    they can and they do actually. I had my tier 2.5 pants restored after a couple of months and unlike Quel'Delar they are totally farmable (they were gone from deleted item logs but I had another pants already transmogged into those as 'proof' I had them before).

    with cases like OPs, when you have the quest marked as completed and there is no other way any more for you the get the (unique looking) reward they should just COD it to you no questions asked tbh, especially since you deleted that pre-transmog. I don't understand why they make it so difficult sometimes.

    just try again later in a week or something, be very nice, explain everything and hope you get a nice friendly GM - they can totally do it for you.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sarow View Post
    Yeah, supposedly they should have logs about every thing our character does/obtains/says but to be honest, you deleted the sword by yourself, it's not their fault they didn't reveal transmog was coming.

    By the way...why would you even delete a sword like that?
    Before transmogging they would restore items you deleted even if it was intentional. They now have the item restoration tool. I'm sure that is too far back to do so. If you contact them through email you might be able to get your item back. I recently got a level 60 High Warlord ranked toon restored with all of his gear, items, and gold when I deleted him to reroll on the Alliance side of the PvP server. This was completed last week BTW.

    I have also deleted all my legendary weapons, and soon my cloak once they are no longer useful to me. I don't really care what my toon looks like nor do I care to show off like many on my servers.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post

    I don't understand why they make it so difficult sometimes.

    Personal accountability. I'm sure the OP is not gaining the system or anything, but so many people today just want to blame everyone/thing else for their mistakes. I have no issues with Blizzard saying no. I would have understood if they told me no to my character restore request.
    Last edited by freighttrain; 2014-07-07 at 11:59 AM.

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,384
    I don't know what of experiences these people had but I was able to retrieve items, characters and other stuff I deleted going all the way back to vanilla, but I guess doesn't work the same way for Quel'delar as it's a faction tied questline.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,046
    Well they are definitely in the right, you deleted it a long time ago.

    It is true though that the conditions have changed a lot since then, and you definitely wouldn't have sold the item now, considering transmog and extended bank space.

    So if they wanted to be fair, they would give it back to you, but then, they would break their own rules, and if others found out, would demand more and more exceptions.

    In their place, I would personally just give you the sword and tell you to keep it a secret. But I understand their response, because being consistent is key.

  18. #18
    Keep bugging them. Eventually you'll find a gm that restores items. Friend of mine had his tier 3 restored, he got rid of that half a decade ago.

  19. #19
    Back in Wrath of the Lich King, I deleted an Arcanite Ripper I got from the pre-wotlk event, because I needed bank and bag space, and didn't think that this item would become this rare.

    There's nothing I can do about it, I just have to soak it up and continue on.

  20. #20
    Its easy, just be nice. If you are very friendly and you get a GM in a good mood, you'll get your item back asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •