Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I sort of have the same debate. I am currently on the last step of the Legendary Firelands quest chain. The staff I have now is not a legendary, but just the epic Runestaff of Nordrassil, http://www.wowhead.com/item=71085

So i can transmog that. When i hand it in, i get the legendary Dragonwrath, but that one i cannot transmog anymore. So I cant hand in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    Well, here is my story. In 2010 on my main rogue (but then on horde side) I was doing chain quests from Battered Hilt for sword

Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. After some time I was got better sword in icc and couple of weeks later I was vedored my

Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. But in cata Blizz give us one of the best thing in game (atleast for me )called transmog. Now

since I finally have both weapons which I can transmog to Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows I was contacted gm 2 times to ask them

to reset quest or atleast to give me back sword which I was have in 2010. Response from first gm was they can not do anything, since

I was only do quests till I was got sword and only soulution is the change faction to horde, finish the quest chain and then AGAIN

change faction to alliance, so maybe then I will be able to start quest from Battered Hilt again.This response for me tbh is tottaly

unacceptable.Then before 2 days I was contacted again Blizz nicely ask them to reset quest or give me back sword and response was

been we can not give you item which was deleted along time ago. I mean I was never complained on anything in or around game but this

2 response for me is tottaly unacceptables with no respect to player who play this game since 2005 (not too much important, but hey

xD).So what do you think my dear friends is Blizz in right and me tottaly wrong, or Blizz are able to help me, but they just do not
    wanna do that???

cheers and thx

P.S. also I wanna say sry for my bad englsih, since english is not my native language
    If I remember right, there's a time-limit to how far they can go back to recover an item for you. I think if you are beyond that time than they won't just give you the item, unless you can show that you were hacked (maybe). Maybe what you should have done it like the rest of us and stuck it in your bank.

I resubbed in March 2013 after 2 years of not playing, only to find that all the fishing gear I got via the tournaments (pole, boots, hat, hat from Shat daily, and all 3 rare fish items) were, poof, gone from my bank. Despite my near-begging to get them back, all I got was a "sorry, it's been too long" response.

Sucks, but ya know. I'd really love to get back some of those MoP questing cloaks with the unique designs, but same thing there.

so you deleted something two years ago and you expect them to give it back to you? You found their work around answer as "unacceptable"? No, you are totally wrong.

Deleted
    on a CS point of view makes sense, the queues would explode if they would start restoring old quests rewards. It sucks but I think it is a necessary evil

Yeah it's really stupid. I stopped doing old quests because if you later realise you want something for transmog, think again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    They said the same thing to me

I tried a few times to get it and they refused. Alas...had I known I would never, ever have vendored such a beautiful and rare weapon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quests cannot be reset. GM's do not have that ability, it's not possible.

i want my staff from the warlock chain quest !!!!!!!
    Be feared, or be fuel

This is honestly so dumb. I've gone to farm items for transmogs and I'd be down to one item left but that one item (with no look-a-likes) is from a quest I did way back when and I already deleted the item. I was talking to a GM about getting quest items back and she was saying how they were "looking into" letting us get old quest items that we've already deleted. I don't know what that means or if she was just lying or what lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Quests cannot be reset. GM's do not have that ability, it's not possible.
    Wrong. You can reset quests and even if they couldn't they can add the item to your inventory or mail it to you easily.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaridra View Post
    This is honestly so dumb. I've gone to farm items for transmogs and I'd be down to one item left but that one item (with no look-a-likes) is from a quest I did way back when and I already deleted the item. I was talking to a GM about getting quest items back and she was saying how they were "looking into" letting us get old quest items that we've already deleted. I don't know what that means or if she was just lying or what lol.

Wrong. You can reset quests and even if they couldn't they can add the item to your inventory or mail it to you easily.
    GM's do not have the ability to reset quests. Just ask in the WOW forums and the blues will tell you that. If you vendored/deleted an item recently, and it's still in the logs, then they can give it back to you. But they have to be able to see *what happened to the item in their logs*. The logs do not persist forever (the timeframe I've been given is 3 months, give or take). Ask for an item to be restored beyond this point and it's not in the logs? They will say sorry, we don't see it. They will not under any circumstances restore an item that can't be verified in the logs. And this is verifying what happened to it, not just verifying that you had it at some point.

You can actually restore deleted items yourself now with the item restoration tool, and that uses the same database the GM's use when restoring items. So if it's not there, they can't do anything either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the reason why I do not understand Blizzard is because of 1st response from gm. He told me that he was seen I was having sword form quest when I was playing my main rogue on horde side, but since I was not finished quest chains after I got sword, if I wanna sword again on that rogue, but now on alliance I must do 2 faction change.First back on horde side again to finish all quests and then when I change faction again on my current (alliance) I will be able to do quest chain from start (ofc will need bh again). So all in all if I wanna again sword I will need to pay for 2 faction change which is a little unfair if you ask me.Anyway I wanna thx to all for fair answers and tips to not give up, which I def not.If I will need I will write at least 1 ticket per week.

thx and cheers

P.S. and yes gm can reset every quest in game or give any item if he wanna do that. In 2006 gm has reset quest for me for green fishing pole from quest in the hinterlands while I was playing on horde side

Deleted
    Well the reason why I do not understand Blizzard is because of 1st response from gm. He told me that he was seen I was having sword form quest when I was playing my main rogue on horde side, but since I was not finished quest chains after I got sword, if I wanna sword again on that rogue, but now on alliance I must do 2 faction change.First back on horde side again to finish all quests and then when I change faction again on my current (alliance) I will be able to do quest chain from start (ofc will need bh again). So all in all if I wanna again sword I will need to pay for 2 faction change which is a little unfair if you ask me.Anyway I wanna thx to all for fair answers and tips to not give up, which I def not.If I will need I will write at least 1 ticket per week.

thx and cheers

P.S. and yes gm can reset every quest in game or give any item if he wanna do that. In 2006 gm has reset quest for me for green fishing pole from quest in the hinterlands while I was playing on horde side
    You're the reason why we cant have nice things, stop blocking the ticket queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip, they give you items back that you can prove you owned, stupid as it sounds, I deleted the old legacy tabard you got for the pre WOTLK event and campaigned for ages to get it back until I realised I could prove I owned it through the Feat of Strength, they reimbursed it back to me shortly afterwards.

If you go to your Achievement page > World Events > Argent Tournament > The Sword in the Skull it will prove that you had it on that character, they should give you it back using this technique, they did for me.

You deleted it. Nice. Need the gold?

Quote Originally Posted by sarow View Post
    Yeah, supposedly they should have logs about every thing our character does/obtains/says but to be honest, you deleted the sword by yourself, it's not their fault they didn't reveal transmog was coming.

By the way...why would you even delete a sword like that?
    Same reason many of us sold our original Quel'Serrar.... bag space.

10+ Year Old Account
    iirc all quest have reset in cata, you should be able to get it again.
    Last edited by Huntaer; 2014-07-07 at 08:20 PM.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to accept that there are some things they just are not able to do. They have time limits on these things. Not everyone is out to get you.

Also, I don't know how you worded your ticket, but you absolutely catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. You are much more likely to get what you are requesting when you word a ticket politely. Using words like "unacceptable" and wording tickets to sound like they're dripping with entitlement isn't likely to elicit a happy response from a GM.

10+ Year Old Account

xD).So what do you think my dear friends is Blizz in right and me tottaly wrong, or Blizz are able to help me, but they just do not
    wanna do that???

cheers and thx

P.S. also I wanna say sry for my bad englsih, since english is not my native language
    Without meaning to sound rude, it isn't Blizzard's fault that you deleted the sword, it was your choice.

Also, that was 4 years ago, its very unlikely that they track item data from that long ago. I know they don't with characters. I deleted a warrior alt and about 7 months later asked for it to be restored. They said that they do not retain deleted character data older than 6 months, and that they couldn't help me. Sucks but at least they gave me a specific answer.

About a year later I deleted a rogue but regretted it since she had things you can no longer get. 2 months or so later I asked them to restore her and bam, within an hour she was back on my account.

I know its the popular thing to do, hating Blizzard and saying they don't care, etc... but in the vast majority of cases where I've asked them for help, they've helped me. I can count the 'we can't, sorry' incidents on one hand, and for 9.5 years of playing this game, that's pretty damn nice.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in line with their policy and they do not typically do restores if it has been over a certain amount of time, but I agree it really sucks since you can't redo the quest.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |