10+ Year Old Account

Super Smash Bros to be broadcasted at EVO 2014 and Nintendo to sponsor

So last year Nintendo stopped Super Smash Bros being streamed as an 'eSport' yet this year they are fully pushing the boat out and not only allowing streaming, but sponsoring the whole event too. I guess this is a good push for eSports if more and more companies are recognising it?

Source
    Last edited by Toralin; 2014-07-07 at 06:52 PM.

Sorry for ignorance, but what is EVO 2014?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://evo.shoryuken.com/

It's basically one of the biggest fighting game competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    http://evo.shoryuken.com/

It's basically one of the biggest fighting game competitions.
    Oh, that was kinda my guess, but wasn't sure, they are aiming for kerfuffle to be competitive that's probably why they are pushing melee to be in this tourney.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice, finally nintendo is supporting their game. It's fun to watch so I'm happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me but I'm pretty sure Smashboards and r/smashbros is exploding right now.
    Hey everyone

Well, they had Smash last year too and there was actually a pretty large turnout of smash players. Pretty logical that it is at evo again. And good on Nintendo for showing support at the biggest competitive stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Well, they had Smash last year too and there was actually a pretty large turnout of smash players. Pretty logical that it is at evo again. And good on Nintendo for showing support at the biggest competitive stage.
    This is a fantastic move for Nintendo. For those not in the loop last year Nintendo basically pulled the infringement bs on the streams, like a week out from Evo, only to get a huge backlash and overturn their decision. Was kinda Scummy since the Smash event was for charity and based off of a community vote.

Fast forward to this years Evo game announcement Nintendo didn't say anything when Smash was announced and some were nervous about Nintendo's play on things. Even when Nintendo did a Smash Wii-U invitational tourney to show off the game there still wasn't anything concrete for Evo.

...but man, this combined with E3, good show Nintendo, good show.

Funny thing is that Smash will probably have the second highest participant turnout following closely behind USF4.
    Last edited by HoopyFrood; 2014-07-09 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadc View Post
    Funny thing is that Smash will probably have the second highest participant turnout following closely behind USF4.
    Exactly, which makes me wonder what they were thinking last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Exactly, which makes me wonder what they were thinking last year...
    Japanese samurai Copyright-aru knee jerk mentality. Makes me wonder if they would have done last year if it wasn't a charity tournament.