Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Multiplayer games with a more mature playerbase?

Alright, so here goes. This is not a dis to younger players, we were all younger once. With that said, I'm tired of the immature actions in some of these multi-player games. Simply put, are there games that tend to only attract older players (late 20's and up). Sometimes I just get frustrated when kids don't understand that their actions have repercussions. One of the games I just finished a match in, and we were horribly beaten down. That is fine in itself, but then I try to give a few players who were obviously new some pointers, and I get yelled at, berated, reported for being afk (which at no point was I). This in return immediately tanked my accounts good-standing, which affects the rate I gain currency for winning matches. It made me frustrated enough to just alt f4 out, and make this thread. Maybe I just need to vent a bit, but I've noticed particularly in the summer, when school's out, do I always encounter these problems. Maybe I myself sound a bit childish, but I just wonder about options. Are there games out there with a more mature, helpful user base? I highly enjoy multi-player games, but maybe I'm just doomed to play single player during the summer.

This is not a troll post, but a genuine question to other users. I play games to have fun, and the BM right now in certain games is just...stressful.
    Last edited by KoshiB; 2014-07-07 at 07:03 PM.

Honestly, I don't think there are much, unless it's a game that isn't extremely popular. It's not just younger players, it's also older players who think being immature is still funny.

Instead you might want to either
    A) Mute people when you enter the room, goes against the multiplayer thing, but still, it can help.
    B) Find a mature community within the game. Like I know games like Team Fortress 2 there are some groups of people that have servers with certain rules, and if people violate it, they can get kicked.

Deleted
    League of Legends has a very mature playerbase, everybody is friendly and they'll always help you if you don't know something.

Deleted
    Multiplayer games that doesn't have rude players?

Hm let's see... Something that isn't on the internet. D&D maybe?

In all seriousness tho, you will find shitty people everywhere, someone in a bad mood? Hello bad community. Someone in a good mood? That other guy with the bad mood will drag him down with him, hello community!

You should find something that has a very 'loyal' playerbase, preferably something that isn't too popular or well known.
    Also, an older playerbase doesn't mean you'll have a nicer community. It all depends on alot of factors but you could very well enjoy playing with 14 year olds way more than 27year olds. It's different from player to player really.

Goodluck!

((My personal tip is to grow a thicker skin.))

10+ Year Old Account
    There are idiots in most gaming communities but i found SC2 to have an exceptionally mature playerbase most of the time.

Some of the most childish people I've played with have been in their 30s of 40s. What worse about them compared to a 14 year old is that they've had a lot more practice. Sorry to say that you will never find a game that has 2 or more people playing that everyone is "mature".
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Deleted
    EVE online.

EVE online, it takes maturity and patience just to learn the basics of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    League of Legends has a very mature playerbase, everybody is friendly and they'll always help you if you don't know something.
    There are some jokes that just aren't meant to be spoken.
    That was one of them.

I think everyone knows by now how horrid the LoL playerbase is.

well there's EVE online, i don't think i have encountered anyone below 18 and the majority of the playerbase are 20+

Not at all, ever, in my experience. I've tried playing LoL three different times, and end up uninstalling because I can't deal with the hormonal rage fests when you aren't 110% perfect player every single time, even though you may be new or using a new character.

Not saying your experience hasn't been better, but I tried three different times over the course of 4 years with the same exact end result every single time.

To OP: They're games, everyone is entitled to them, there's no discrimination. You just need to get familiar with the signs of immature players and avoid them at any means necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kcolraWertex View Post
    EVE online, it takes maturity and patience just to learn the basics of that game.
    While I have met many awesome players in EVE online, I've also met alot of D-bags and dungwipes. Ironically the same can be said about all MMOs I've played. I think it's just how things goes. There's always that one or more people who begin dragging the mood, encouraging or inspiring others to do the same. I'd say it's impossible to avoid all together. Easiest way is, as mentioned in a previous post, find a mature guild/group/clan/network/unity/society/collaboration/company etc. etc. and hang with them instead while ignoring the rest. That's a good tip for almost all MMO's if that's what you're seeking.

Otherwise, since you're just asking for multiplayer games, maybe find something you and some friends wants to play exclusively together? Nice games where you arrange what and when to play it and just hang out the X of you. That's the best advice I can give atleast.

Good luck, good fortune and may you find the social happiness you seek! =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Not at all, ever, in my experience. I've tried playing LoL three different times, and end up uninstalling because I can't deal with the hormonal rage fests when you aren't 110% perfect player every single time, even though you may be new or using a new character.

Not saying your experience hasn't been better, but I tried three different times over the course of 4 years with the same exact end result every single time.

To OP: They're games, everyone is entitled to them, there's no discrimination. You just need to get familiar with the signs of immature players and avoid them at any means necessary.
    I think the guy was being VERY sarcastic tbh. It's rare to find anyone who's played more than 20 games of LoL without viewing the community as generally negative to downright disgusting. I still play LoL for the sole reason I like the game and play with friends, though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    well there's EVE online, i don't think i have encountered anyone below 18 and the majority of the playerbase are 20+
    The most immature players I've met online was doing Incursions in EVE Online. People in their 30s acting like children, causing more drama than a bunch of teenage girls. Just because you are over 18/19/21, what ever age you consider someone to be an adult doesn't mean they are mature. Great game but player base isn't as mature as some people think. Also almost forgot about the scammers, so so many scammers.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I think the guy was being VERY sarcastic tbh. It's rare to find anyone who's played more than 20 games of LoL without viewing the community as generally negative to downright disgusting. I still play LoL for the sole reason I like the game and play with friends, though ^^
    Yeah that game is so much more enjoyable when you just play with your friends instead of randos.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    While I have met many awesome players in EVE online, I've also met alot of D-bags and dungwipes. Ironically the same can be said about all MMOs I've played. I think it's just how things goes. There's always that one or more people who begin dragging the mood, encouraging or inspiring others to do the same. I'd say it's impossible to avoid all together. Easiest way is, as mentioned in a previous post, find a mature guild/group/clan/network/unity/society/collaboration/company etc. etc. and hang with them instead while ignoring the rest. That's a good tip for almost all MMO's if that's what you're seeking.
    there's assholes in eve yes, and eve is a VERY merciless game, but once you adapt and find a place to fit in, there should be zero problems whatsoever.
    the most important thing is just to keep your back clear and know what the hell you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    The most immature players I've met online was doing Incursions in EVE Online. People in their 30s acting like children, causing more drama than a bunch of teenage girls. Just because you are over 18/19/21, what ever age you consider someone to be an adult doesn't mean they are mature. Great game but player base isn't as mature as some people think. Also almost forgot about the scammers, so so many scammers.
    have you ever played LoL? i doubt incursions are more immature.
    i honestly have to say that i have never been around the incursion community as i find it boring as F.
    PvP, Wormholes, null and lowsec are pretty much where the game is at.
    Last edited by freezion; 2014-07-07 at 07:28 PM.

Id have to agree with eveonline. Once you get out of highsec wich is where all the people with no grasp on how to play the game seem to congregate your hard pressed to find someone under 20. Most average over 30.

Arma 3 generally has a very mature playerbase. Sure you'll sometimes run into a player that teamkills but they are quickly voted off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Id have to agree with eveonline. Once you get out of highsec wich is where all the people with no grasp on how to play the game seem to congregate your hard pressed to find someone under 20. Most average over 30.
    Takes more than age to determine maturity. EVE would have a higher age average, but that is also the game involving some high drama and extreme trolling. Intelligent trolling but trolling none the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    -nyaaaaaa-
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-07-07 at 09:03 PM.