Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    What in the fuck is this Ti4 after party.
    I take it back ti3 was better

Deleted
    Jesus Christ this after party, time to quit and play LoL instead

I would've loved the Allstars match to be BO3, it was so incredibly one sided like last year, it would've been hilarious to see more than one game.

And this after party stream is... Something else. At least the chat is pretty funny to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    That's not 3k, it's way lower. My party mmr is ~1k higher than my solo, and the amount of players that can't speak English doesn't differ much. I've played on different accounts, lowest being 2.2, highest being 4.8, and russians fade out at like 2.5k or so I think.

It doesn't have to be russians, or Dota at all for that sake, I just used it as a comparison. Chinese is still the same thing. If you're a person younger than 40 in the 21st century and you can't speak English, you're just an embarrassment.
    LOST MY SHIT

What a dumbass, might as well say anybody earning less then £30,000 a year is a failure.

Finals were pretty shitty tho, too fast and not exciting at all - a shame really.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-07-22 at 03:41 PM.

The finals started on a bang with VG dominating in a match, but then it just kind of ended on a whimper.

Fun part is that NATIVE people, that work in Hotels and Tourist industry in spain, say that you are an embrerrassment for not speaking english/german. Do you think they are wrong for their colleagues? As a part of the same community, it sucks that barely anybody speaks anything apart spanish but it is solely becouse they are dumb and lazy. Than you walk into the reception, and the only spanish guy is chief manager and presidents.

Veiled exaggerate about <40, but anyone <27-29 not speaking english, spanish or to a degree russian/german are embarrassment, though they feel embrassed whenever they are spoken to in different language.

As I said previously, rich kids couldnt care less. Feel the pain when you travel abroad!

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I have to say this because i havent seen it posted anywhere else. So i guess there has been DK drama all tourney with the Chinese hating them and all which i think is funny but whatever.

Did anyone else notice after the LGD vs DK series on the stream most of the LGD players were walking off and were not going to shake hands with DK? They were leaving until their captain said to come back and shake, which i thought was kind of bad sportsman ship. I was actually surprised the reddit allstars didnt catch it since they are always bitching about professionalism.
    May have something to do with the fact DK didn't type "GG" after the 1st game. They just left the lobby. Not sure.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Didn't catch a second of the live stuff, just got everything afterwords but it seems like either Valve hired some new people to organize the IT or their usual guys just dropped the ball so hard it left a hole six floors down.

This was stuff I'd expect from freaking Riot. The actual tournament was a mess, the guest appearances were a mess (I have no fucking idea who that Kellie Kate or whatever her name was. Not that she deserved to be heckled so bad, but what did ANYONE think was going to happen when you brought up someone like that to perform at a fucking Dota torunament full of sweaty retards?)

I'm sure Valve knows they did bad, and hopefully next year we'll see them shape up and not make the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by kitchen78 View Post
    Didn't catch a second of the live stuff, just got everything afterwords but it seems like either Valve hired some new people to organize the IT or their usual guys just dropped the ball so hard it left a hole six floors down.

This was stuff I'd expect from freaking Riot. The actual tournament was a mess, the guest appearances were a mess (I have no fucking idea who that Kellie Kate or whatever her name was. Not that she deserved to be heckled so bad, but what did ANYONE think was going to happen when you brought up someone like that to perform at a fucking Dota torunament full of sweaty retards?)

I'm sure Valve knows they did bad, and hopefully next year we'll see them shape up and not make the same mistakes.
    what are you even saying? You just managed to say literally nothing in 6 sentences

15+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I go to this is because it's close by.

All-Star match was a let-down again; I was hoping they'd learn from last year and have something besides normal modes to play. Reverse Captains, etc., etc.

They also need to do the All-Star match before teams are eliminated

There were some dang good games to watch, and most were about 30-40 minutes, but overall a lot of the matches were decided in the first 5-10 minutes which is pretty boring to viewers. Was OK overall, but could have been better. Also they shouldn't have played the winners bracket semi-finals until Sunday morning. After day 1 we knew 2 of the top 3 teams which was pretty anti-climactic
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The all-star match was hilarious. Idk why people thought it was supposed to be something to be taken seriously. It was a group of 10 people just dicking around and having fun (even ferarri was doing everything in his control to play slightly less serious than normal.)

Darude's performance excluded, the ti4 afterparty looked like the biggest shitfest and I'm surprised katie kate wasn't boo'd off stage sooner. She was fucking terrible and so awkward.

I suspect that Katie Kate got the gig because someone at Valve is related to her or something. No way Valve would misread their crowd so badly

Anyone have data for the hero picks at the tournament, there was like 95 or so heroes picked from possible 102 (i think), what were the remaining that didn't get picked ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soltsu View Post
    Anyone have data for the hero picks at the tournament, there was like 95 or so heroes picked from possible 102 (i think), what were the remaining that didn't get picked ?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...cRpa_I/pubhtml

Time for like 3 big name teams to disband or at least lose most their members. I liked arrow.ddz's invoker play from the little I saw. Maybe one of the bigger teams will pick him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Time for like 3 big name teams to disband or at least lose most their members. I liked arrow.ddz's invoker play from the little I saw. Maybe one of the bigger teams will pick him up.
    DK might be yoloing out.

I suspect iG might. Though I hope they don't.

I don't think any other big name teams will though. Probably wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I'd have to agree. Chinese dota is the most boring piece of shit I've ever watched. Maybe exceptions of LGD and DK. I'm sorry, it's just simply uninteresting. TI5 finals better not turn out like this year. Or I will cry.
    Finals were great. Chinese teams were pushing for the win constantly this game. Last year yall cried about them playing defensive and farming all game, so they went balls out and zerg rushed every game, and now you're crying about it being "boring" again. Some people are never pleased...

Quote Originally Posted by Soltsu View Post
    I'd only consider the top 75% to be relevant. All told, the top 75% comprises 63 heroes, or about half of the total roster.

Not bad, but definitely room for improvement. I'd love it if the "pro meta" reached a point where there are consistently multiple drafting and playing strategies in vogue at the same time, rather than the finals generally just being "both teams do the same thing, and the winner is the one that does the same thing slightly better."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Finals were great. Chinese teams were pushing for the win constantly this game. Last year yall cried about them playing defensive and farming all game, so they went balls out and zerg rushed every game, and now you're crying about it being "boring" again. Some people are never pleased...
    Finals where shit, all of those games where decided within 5-10 minutes, they used the same tactic and mostly the same picks each game.

At least last years finals where exciting to watch as Alliance came back from a big deficit to win the final game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Every other finals series has been great, i'm not a fan of watching the 5 man deathball win the game in the first 5 minutes, makes for boring spectating imo.

Also to the guy above gz on 200 mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    Finals where shit, all of those games where decided within 5-10 minutes, they used the same tactic and mostly the same picks each game.

At least last years finals where exciting to watch as Alliance came back from a big deficit to win the final game.
    I can't remember the last time I watched a game with Alliance and wasn't constantly tabbing out due to boredom.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow