Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    Yeah its a shame. I was rooting for Liquid : /

Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    You may be a fanboy. But I just cannot understand.
    You can't use the term fanboy here. It gets children riled up.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    You can't use the term fanboy here. It gets children riled up.
    Its not the term that matters, its that people use it as some attempt to discredit someone. We call that an ad hominem. I could not give 2 shit if Alliance never played dota ever again. I am fine with rat dota and split pushing in general. Which ad hominem is he gona use to discredit me? If anything children are closer to people who generally thinks using petty insults is a proper way to display your arguments.

Yea, no. the term itself is always negative no matter what, according to mods.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yea, no. the term itself is always negative no matter what, according to mods.
    Because it carries a negative history behind it.
    How often do you honestly see people saying "Haha you're such a fanboy" as a compliment?
    Calling yourself a fanboy is another story.

Yet we can use the term "Bias". It's literally synonymous with fanboy, but it makes children less angry.

I was really hoping that when Alliance went out I would be spared the games where one teams strategy is 100% splitpush and nothing else, but it seems DK has decieded to be the new snoozedota team.

10+ Year Old Account
    70 minute game, and its game 1. ._. Sigh. God I hate Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I was really hoping that when Alliance went out I would be spared the games where one teams strategy is 100% splitpush and nothing else, but it seems DK has decieded to be the new snoozedota team.
    Every single team does that? You let a team get naga siren, they will do that. Even NaVi did this when they got a naga draft. Theres no other real way to dominate a game with naga and not rat, youd be stupid not to, it boost your farms.

10+ Year Old Account
    11:22 minute gg. Wow. Outdrafted much?

Undying too legit.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2014-07-13 at 11:09 PM.

They had to make up for the time spent on the first game :P
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Orgrim Doomhammer View Post
    They had to make up for the time spent on the first game :P
    Nah man that draft was clearly a strat to not face EG!

They fear the mighty Artour!
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i very much doubt any of the players in seattle care about playing entertaining dota. their goal is to win, not to entertain thousands of people who have no idea what it is like to play a game like that.

Are you anti-mlg? You think pro players don't care about their fans? It's because of us that they have such high-stake tournaments like TI4 to take part in. Don't be so ignorant; rat DotA isn't what made the game what it is today and if it became a serious problem, then Valve would do something about it. Just because your favorite team uses it to win doesn't mean it has any entertainment value outside of being able to say that your team won.

It adds a different dimension to the game, but you shouldn't be able to only rat and win.

i for one enjoy alliance's rat dota, or any rat dota for that matter, i think its more of a test of a team to show how well they can master the game when put under such immense pressure.

fnatic and bigdaddy remain number 1 in my heart, bigdaddy or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    bigdaddy or go home!
    Bigdaddy is already sent home. It's also the stupidest nickname a 16yo babyface midget could take for himself. It's literally everything he's not. Only player that that name would fit is Puppey.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Bigdaddy is already sent home. It's also the stupidest nickname a 16yo babyface midget could take for himself. It's literally everything he's not. Only player that that name would fit is Puppey.
    Isn't that the reason why people give their small dogs ferocious names?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use only rat dota and win. Rat dota is way too weak for a solid gank lineup or a 5 man strat. Rat dota is what you do when severely behind to try and catch up.

You use it to avoid teamfights and keep the enemy split up defending their lanes instead of rushing down mid to take your ancient. Rat dota extends the gameplay to the point where the enemy can't pick their fights or you catch up to them in farm.

But as I said, if the enemy line up has a couple of gankers or can quickly push out lanes/take towers. All the rat in the world won't help. A rat has to predict the ganks and know which he can take and which he has to avoid in order to not become a free 200g for the enemy team all the time. There is serious tactical and strategical value in a good rat, he ought to know his Sun Tzu before ratting anywhere.

That said, huge teamfights all over the place, that lasts forever and has tons of clutch plays all over the map are awesome. And I really hope we get to see more of those in the days that are coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow Meepo pick on TI4, i was surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.