Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this yesterday. He was at $3600 at that point..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm actually pretty pissed about this. There are TONS of people in actual need of help for legitimate projects (I'm one of them!), and a ton of money is going to an utterly stupid useless cause. There's software, books, games, medical projects, ALL kinds of things. Heck, charities, whatever... And people donate to... this? Seriously?
    Do the same then. And then use the money of stupid for your other project.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    What a hero.

They donate to this guy but the starving homeless people and kids in africa will have to feed themselves with my like. I really don't get people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    So you see a kickstarter campaign about making a potato salad exactly the same as someone performing and/or entertaining in real life, yeah, ok.

Already addressed all of your points in the second post I made in this thread, which was...on the same page...
    Well, yes. You know the guy on the other side of the internet is "in real life" also

And well, basically, your answer to it was "I find this idiotic" so "people are stupid", and you're "annoyed" by that ? But then again, I don't see a huge difference between this or throwing (lots of) money to see a movie, or some at anything/anyone entertaining you for some time. And this guy entertained lots of people with his potato salad, definitely much more than most people performing and/or entertaining "in real life" (if you consider this not being "real life", do you consider movies or books "real life" ?).
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the internet never ceases to amaze me. I always see something new and interesting. Over 30k donated to make some potato salad. And here I am busting my ass to just get by.

I'm not sure how this kickstarter thing works though, can he keep whatever money is left over? Does he have to spend it all on making potato salad? 30k's worth of potato salad is a lot of fucking potato salad.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm actually pretty pissed about this. There are TONS of people in actual need of help for legitimate projects (I'm one of them!), and a ton of money is going to an utterly stupid useless cause. There's software, books, games, medical projects, ALL kinds of things. Heck, charities, whatever... And people donate to... this? Seriously?
    Apparently you need to make a ridiculously stupid kickstarter and soon you'll have the best funded project in the world.

Maybe NASA should do that.
    "Help us make smores on mars"

Deleted
    I remember someone linked me this at $300 , didn't expect it to blow up this god damn much!

Fair play to the guy , If people want to throw some guy 15 bucks for some viral potato salad then power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    I remember someone linked me this at $300 , didn't expect it to blow up this god damn much!

Fair play to the guy , If people want to throw some guy 15 bucks for some viral potato salad then power to them.
    Technically he has reached the stretch goal where he has to rent out a fancy venue and invite everybody on the internet to the party.

It takes tens of thousands of dollars to rent out a major venue for a party. So he basically just screwed himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Technically he has reached the stretch goal where he has to rent out a fancy venue and invite everybody on the internet to the party.

It takes tens of thousands of dollars to rent out a major venue for a party. So he basically just screwed himself.
    What? He said a party hall not a fancy venue. At most it will cost him a couple hundred bucks. Maybe less if he has some connects.

How the hell is this getting 3.6k backers?

Your fella behind it some small time celebrity or something?

Edit -- meh, he had some small backing, people noticed the ridiculousness of it getting backed but it was indirectly marketed and thus more people are backing it...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2014-07-08 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    What? He said a party hall not a fancy venue. At most it will cost him a couple hundred bucks. Maybe less if he has some connects.
    I'm unaware of any "party hall" that isn't a hotel conference room. They certainly cost more than a "couple hundred" to rent.

Deleted

I don't think he has screwed himself at all , at the end of this when the total is final then we will be able to make an assessment on that.

15+ Year Old Account

Everyone being invited does not mean everyone will be able to come inside. He can rent a place for 10 persons, allow the 10 first persons inside and deny the rest, they were still invited, just didn't get there early enough.
    Oh, hi.

I don't think he has screwed himself at all , at the end of this when the total is final then we will be able to make an assessment on that.
    He doesn't seem to understand though... the internet is full of bored, unemployed people with too much time on their hands and somehow have enough money to drive across the country. So people will show up, lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Well...if t[people want to spend their money on this..good for you? You have to right to use your money on however you want...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    He doesn't seem to understand though... the internet is full of bored, unemployed people with too much time on their hands and somehow have enough money to drive across the country. So people will show up, lol
    I understand what you are trying to say but lets take into account that he has 24 days left on this and it has been going up rapidly.

He could literally just get a massive fuck off tarp/tent sort of thing and hold a garden party if he wants to cheap out. (He is just going to need to find a large garden for a day haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    I could see a venue offering to do it for free for the promotion and have lots of advertising and crap

I also find it pretty comical that this is rustling so many jimmies

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unaware of any "party hall" that isn't a hotel conference room. They certainly cost more than a "couple hundred" to rent.
    Uh, you're probably talking about very fancy and high class kind of places. Like a formal place. This is for some potato salad. Any regular party hall will do. And they cost around 150. I know because I've rented one.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I could see a venue offering to do it for free for the promotion and have lots of advertising and crap

I also find it pretty comical that this is rustling so many jimmies
    I wouldn't be surprised lol.
    This is the best "get rich quick" scheme I've seen. I wonder how surprised he is to see his little kickstarter project that started out as a joke reaching just about 40k.

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand what you are trying to say but lets take into account that he has 24 days left on this and it has been going up rapidly.

He could literally just get a massive fuck off tarp/tent sort of thing and hold a garden party if he wants to cheap out. (He is just going to need to find a large garden for a day haha)
    And invite music groups, yay potato-salad-stock, next big festival \o/
    Oh, hi.