Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Seriously, what is going on at Blizzard?
    A multi billion company lacks resources :X

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst excuse ever

Deleted
    Way to take something out of context, lol. The original question was about adding new mounts EVERY season, which tbh is a ridiculous request. He is just saying that it's not a priority so they focus their resources elsewhere.

No matter what Blizzard do they get shot down, if they don't release a new mount they are called greedy, if they release a new mount using an existing model they get called lazy.

As for store mounts, they are the lesser of 2 evils. You need to accept that Blizzard is a company, and they have investors, those investors want return for their money or they will pull out and go elsewhere. Trust me, without store mounts we'd be seeing gear for sale, which is something nobody wants.

Also, why do people forget the 250+ mounts available in-game already? And the ones that have been given away such as the Hearthsteed and the upcoming Horde bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yes, let's look at the cash shop shall we?
    Let's see... A Warlord's of Draenor mob in armour, a metal horse, and another Warlords of Draenor mob, with a skull pasted over his face.
    Hmm yes, definitely looks like they are spending a lot of time making these totally new resources, hmm, yes, indeed.
    Mounts added in mop- Enchanted Fey Dragon, Iron Skyreaver, Warforged Nightmare, Swift Windsteed and Armored Bloodwing.
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...egories=mounts
    And thats just for MoP.

Also pets- https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...ategories=pets

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    I laughed pretty hard

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/483640743076966400

*looks at fucking mount shop*
    What do you think pays for the resources for store mounts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I change my name a lot View Post
    A multi billion company lacks resources :X
    Oh yeah, they're rich therefore their resources are unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A PVP mount comes with achievements as well and needs programming to be awarded for a certain amount of wins and so on. It needs to be added to a vendor as well. And new ones EVERY season? Come on...aren't PVPers constantly proclaiming how little they care about fluff like mounts and such? I sure see a lot of it.

A store mount = they make it and put it up and bam, they make a profit. No achievements, no tracking of wins, no vendor programming etc etc. Simple as that, I can understand them when they say they have no resources to add PVP mounts with every season at this time.

But hey, why use common sense and understanding when one can just jump the negativity train? Choo choo!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-07-08 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    This is the real world guys Blizzard have shareholders that they have to answer to, so if there is no Blizz store you end up with a higher subscription price. Basic business sense is that you maximise incoming revenue and minimise outgoing costs. Give me the cash shop every day of the week because that provides me with an option as to whether to use it or not, whereas putting up the subscription fee impacts everyone. No rise in subscription price in 10 years so if you take into account rate of inflation the game has a cheaper monthly cost than it did in 2004.
    inb4 muh extra 10$ expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Worst excuse ever
    You realise this is the reason why they don't do 90% of the things they don't do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pretty sure 99.9% of the people here thinks that when Blizzard says resources they mean money.
    For a game developer resources is often time and people not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Pretty sure 99.9% of the people here thinks that when Blizzard says resources they mean money.
    Random internet n00bs know more about what goes on in a huge company than the employees of said company! This is a fact on the interwebz!

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Way to take something out of context, lol. The original question was about adding new mounts EVERY season, which tbh is a ridiculous request.
    PVE gets, at the very least, a new meta achievement mount EVERY tier, and on average 1-2 additional ones from drops (ex. T14: Elegon drop, T15: Horridon and Ji-Kun drops, T16: Normal and Heroic Garrosh)

One mount per season is not unreasonable in the slightest.

no wonder why Rob abandoned the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    What's the deal with PvP mounts, I suppose I missed something..

I assumed that someone spent 30 seconds every PvP season to make the new mounts, they just pulled up a color picker and picked a terrible color; probably some saving and deploying of assets somewhere, but that's probably all fairly automated.
    so we all thought something so simple (imo) is automated. Doesn't appear that they have any tools to make things easier on themselves.

what idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    According to their last quarterly report that have $4279 million in cash and cash equivalents do you not think they could use some of that? Or would Scrooge McDuck miss it when he goes for his daily dip?

Oh yeah, that is not what he said.

But we all know that if it wasn't for the cash store Blizzard would be forced in to searching down the back of the sofa in order to fund further development.

Whoa whoa whoa ... Some people here need to get a sense of perspective.

What they're saying is right, sometimes they don't have the time or resources to develop a new mount for each season. Why? Because the development of those mounts would occur during other development, it doesn't all happen at the start of the expansion.

They'll sit down, discuss what is on their plate and see if they have room for it. I'd be nice to see a totally unique and awesome mount each season, but that's just not realistic with all the differing content being made available.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes 2 hours to do that. 5 min for idea, 10 min for art, 60 min for skin and skeleton (wich they overuse nowdays) and the time left for coding it into a game.
    All they have to do is to : After XXX wins you get XXX mount, at the XXX time.

We probaly need to update:
    Its gona cost us a raid tier ..into.. Its gona cost us resources or something
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    PVE gets, at the very least, a new meta achievement mount EVERY tier, and on average 1-2 additional ones from drops (ex. T14: Elegon drop, T15: Horridon and Ji-Kun drops, T16: Normal and Heroic Garrosh)

Except all of those mounts are using models from that raiding tier already, as well as the drops. There is very little work needed to scale down, put a saddle on and put it onto the loot table.

What could they use for the inspiration for PvP Seasons? They already do Expansion themed mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Now assuming that Blizzard have not discovered how to manipulate time how do you think they could accomplish more in a given time? And how do you think money might relate to achieving the goal of greater productivity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post

That is usually just a reskin, which is what PvP also gets with the Gladiator mount.

Deleted
    Way to take something out of context, lol. The original question was about adding new mounts EVERY season, which tbh is a ridiculous request. He is just saying that it's not a priority so they focus their resources elsewhere.
    The average season length is 24 weeks. This is 6 months. Within 24 months expansion cycle they managed to put out 5 store mounts. Therefore they are showing they are capable of pushing out more than 4 mounts per expansion.. Not to mention the PvE-Mounts.

As for store mounts, they are the lesser of 2 evils. You need to accept that Blizzard is a company, and they have investors, those investors want return for their money or they will pull out and go elsewhere. Trust me, without store mounts we'd be seeing gear for sale, which is something nobody wants.
    Oh really? How did they manage to survive 6 years before the store happened to be introduced in Cataclysm? Oh what? They have a huge and steady income by sub numbers?

Do you honestly think they hired new developers just for the store and those developers can and do only work for the store? And if no what makes you assume those developers are only paid by the income of the store?
    As mentioned above they have proven several times they do have the resources. They just want to use them elsewhere (e.g. store), where they can get a piece of extra cash for the same work.
    Last edited by mmoc3697b61db8; 2014-07-08 at 10:03 AM.