Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face Would it be cool if Shaman new ability was Lightning Whip?

You cracks a Lightning Whip across the floor, inflicting X to X Nature damage to enemies in front of you, creating a Lightning Bolt on the ground.

I think it would but do you know what part of it wouldn't be cool?

"It's not 40 yard range! wtf I don't want to move closer to cast my aoe"
    "I don't like aiming conal spells with my character, it's so unreliable"
    "This spell sucks, people just keep pulling mobs out of the ground effect"
    "Blizzard just copied this spell from a boss, wtf so lazy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think it would but do you know what part of it wouldn't be cool?

"It's not 40 yard range! wtf I don't want to move closer to cast my aoe"
    Just make it as big as Lei Shen's. Shaman's are awesome of course.
    "I don't like aiming conal spells with my character, it's so unreliable"
    Make it a conal spell from every direction on the four axis' If you can't hit it with that, just stahp.
    "This spell sucks, people just keep pulling mobs out of the ground effect"
    It roots bosses in place so your tanks can proceed to rage for life.
    "Blizzard just copied this spell from a boss, wtf so lazy"
    No, that boss obviously copied from shamans. We are awesome.
    It would be cool, honestly. I've liked the idea of a lightning whip ability in WoW ever since I played double dagger elementalist in GW2. Amazing animations are amazing.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2014-07-08 at 09:11 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Who cares if people would say that. People say things against Leap of Fatih, Death Grip, all sorts of things, doesn't matter. They are all cool.

PS: There is already on beta a spell effect \ animation that is taken from Lei Shen, and is now an effect from the Elemental mastery.
    It's a thunder coming from sky.
    Last edited by Griffon; 2014-07-08 at 09:09 AM.

Seeku my foes!

Wouldn't mind it for Enh actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah..that would be wicked! Kinda like Lei Shen's lightening whip! Nicely fits into the shaman elemental theme...and the animation could look too cool!
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

Replace Fire Nova with Lightning Whip by Glyph?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be my dream, considering my Shaman is named after this lovely lady ^^

Lightning whip should be a talented chain lightning replacement, doesnt need a target and is a spam-able ground aoe
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Would be intesting combined with a stun effect...

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Lightning whip should be a talented chain lightning replacement, doesnt need a target and is a spam-able ground aoe
    Sounds good too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    Would be intesting combined with a stun effect...
    I suggest no stun effect, pure raw powerful damage is better.
    Don't want it to be a PvP trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It would be cool, honestly. I've liked the idea of a lightning whip ability in WoW ever since I played double dagger elementalist in GW2. Amazing animations are amazing.
    I think the point he was making was that people will complain because people complain.

On Topic: I said in another thread, I'd freaking love Lightning Whip. It would be dang cool, especially if it has a full whip animation and not just the crackling lightning on the floor. They said they are making animations in WoD so that they appear more vibrant and detailed for the caster but toned down the everyone else, so you could just have the ground effect for others but the full indiana jones shebang for us. Sadly, I very much doubt they will be giving any major new spells to people at this point, I think its just tuning from this point on.

It was tweeted to Celestalon a while back. I don't think it got a response.

But it'd be pretty sweet.
    Last edited by vykas; 2014-07-08 at 02:31 PM.

I'd love something like this! But to be honest, i'd love a Earthen spell more. Some spikes coming from the ground or a Big incoming rolling boulder.
    Since we already have lots of Air and Fire spells, so an Earthen spell would be more cool. To get a better feeling you actually controlling not only Air and Fire but also the other elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
    I'd love something like this! But to be honest, i'd love a Earthen spell more. Some spikes coming from the ground or a Big incoming rolling boulder.
    Since we already have lots of Air and Fire spells, so an Earthen spell would be more cool. To get a better feeling you actually controlling not only Air and Fire but also the other elements.
    The Shaman specs in WoW seem to focus on Air/Fire for rotation dmg abilities, water for healing, earth is seen mostly in totems and EQ. I honestly would prefer a mobility tier instead of another damaging ability, even as cool as Lightning Whip might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted
    I want some of those cool thunder related abilities that Isle of Thunder and Throne of Thunder mobs have sometimes have.

While i like Lightning whip, i personally want some frost based abilities, Shaman really lacks there.

Replace shock talent from lvl 100 with lightning whip

spam celestalon

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    Replace shock talent from lvl 100 with lightning whip

spam celestalon
    The Shock talent makes Elemental something you could consider close to difficult to master, Elemental fusion has by far the biggest impact on your playstyle than the other 2 talents, especially with EotE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While i like Lightning whip, i personally want some frost based abilities, Shaman really lacks there.
    Whilst Frost is an damage type in gameplay, in Lore it is simply a subset of Water, not it's own element. Most of our Healing abilities are Water. We have plenty of Fire abilities and Lightning (Air and I think Fire, but maybe just Air) abilities. If you ignore Totems, the Element we actually use the least is Earth. We have 3 Earth Abilities, Earth Shock, Earth Shield and Earthquake. Come WoD none of those will even be usable by Enhancement Shaman, leaving them with no Earth Abilities at all*. It's Earth Spells I think we need more of.

* It has just occurred to me that actually Healing Surge is Earth. So Enhance Shaman have 1 Earth Spell.
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2014-07-08 at 05:37 PM.