Poll: Who would win in a fight of Sargeras vs. Tathamet?

10+ Year Old Account

Sargeras vs. Tathamet

I know it's hard to quantify who's stronger than who but quite honestly I think Tathamet takes this easy. Sargeras can effectively shape worlds with his power but Tathamet fighting Anu created the Diablo Universe. Who do you think would win and why?

Sargeras: Most powerful champion of the Pantheon prior to Fel empowerment. Completely immune to fire damage and highly resistant to magic damage and physical damage caused by mortal means. Has been slightly harmed by immortal weapons. His strength is nearly equal to a portal closing. Sargeras is said to be a huge being almost beyond comprehension

Tathamet: Powers of the Prime Evil and every single demon in hell combined as the sum of all evil. Survived in the space devoid of matter prior to the "big bang" caused by the final clash between Tathamet and Anu. His remains currently make up the Burning Hells, and his heads became the Prime Evils. Tathamet's size has not been explicitly stated. However, the Crystal Arch appears to be several hundred feet tall. Its size, (Anu is portrayed as being miniscule in comparison to Tathamet) coupled with the fact Tathamet's remains are equal to or larger than the Burning Hells, it can be speculated that Tathamet is likely similar in size to a medium to small planetary body.

My reasoning: Due to the fact that Tathamet could survive in an environment that is completely devoid of matter, it is likely the laws of the universe may not affect Tathamet, as well as the fact that only a being comprised of all the "good" of the universe could destroy him. This alone took place in an seemingly unending battle that lasted for millenia.

Some info on Sargeras and Tathamet: http://wowpedia.org/Sargeras http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Tathamet.
    Last edited by Marchrilo; 2014-07-08 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tathamet is dead.

But if he were alive; he/it by a landslide. Tathamet is the embodiment of everything evil/negative in the Diablo micro-universe. His death led to the "big bang" and his carcass is hell itself. Diablo versus Sargeras would of been a more even fight.

Should of put the Dark Voice from SC2 in the poll as well.

Smile

Hello guys.
    Actually, I believe this comparison is wrong. (No offence, just my opinion).
    Diablo's universe is dense and undeveloped. Made just to fit a journey - not more.
    WoW's Universe is really contrast. It hosts so many different creatures and abominations.
    For instance, in Netherstorm there is that creature, boss, forgot its name, which ate the homeworld of eredar race (aka Draenei, thought Draenor is not their homeworld). And still, its just a mere boss to be defeated in 5-man instance.
    Also Sargeras was "turned" (or possessed) by Old gods, same as Deathwing... and half of other epic enemies and storylines. Taking into account that there are more old gods; that titans couldn't kill them - only imprison, and that players are allowed to fight little body parts of those - try to imagine their real capabilities.

I wait for your critics! Let's chat!

Quote Originally Posted by betrezahn View Post
    For instance, in Netherstorm there is that creature, boss, forgot its name, which ate the homeworld of eredar race (aka Draenei, thought Draenor is not their homeworld). And still, its just a mere boss to be defeated in 5-man instance.
    You are mistaken. The consumed world is K'aresh, the ethereals homeworld.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by betrezahn View Post
    Also Sargeras was "turned" (or possessed) by Old gods
    Sargeras wasn't turned evil by Old Gods. He became depressed because his battle against Evil and Chaos seemed neverending, and he judged that the only way to bring about order to the universe was to wipe it clean and start over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Amon>All :x

Really hard to say, cause everyone is right, Tathamet created a single world at best, Sargeras has molded uncountable amounts of worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tathamet, as he is based off me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose