Realm First Eligibility After Realm Connection / PvE WoD realm firsts

I tried finding this information elsewhere but couldn't find a clear answer.

1. My guild is close on Realm First Heroic Garrosh, but we found out we are being connected to other realms on Thursday. One of these other realms has a guild that is already H 14/14. When our realm is connected with theirs on Thursday, will they get the realm first "again" which renders us ineligible for it? Or is it realm specific so that they will retain their realm first and we will still get ours after we kill Heroic Garrosh for our specific realm?

2. Also, is it official that realm firsts are going away in WOD? If so, is it only the leveling and profession realm firsts or are the heroic PvE end tier boss realm firsts (like realm first heroic Garrosh) going away too?

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!

I think only the realm first 100s are gone.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

There are no more "realm first" achievements in WOD from my understanding. As for the connected realm thing, I honestly have no idea (since WOD isn't out yet obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Nude Tayne View Post
    I tried finding this information elsewhere but couldn't find a clear answer.

1. My guild is close on Realm First Heroic Garrosh, but we found out we are being connected to other realms on Thursday. One of these other realms has a guild that is already H 14/14. When our realm is connected with theirs on Thursday, will they get the realm first "again" which renders us ineligible for it? Or is it realm specific so that they will retain their realm first and we will still get ours after we kill Heroic Garrosh for our specific realm?
    Connected Realms do not in any way change that you are on your specific realm. As an example:
    If Mannoroth was connected to Gul'dan, I still would not be able to log into my character who exists on Mannoroth through the Gul'dan server.
    All realm achievements will still be tied to your realm, not your connected realms.

2. Also, is it official that realm firsts are going away in WOD? If so, is it only the leveling and profession realm firsts or are the heroic PvE end tier boss realm firsts (like realm first heroic Garrosh) going away too?
    I don't recall, honestly. I know the leveling ones are going away, but I would find it hard to believe they're removing end tier realm first achievements.

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!
    Go get that realm first bruh, and pre-grats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    All realm achievements will still be tied to your realm, not your connected realms.
    Are you sure about that? This guild got realm first HC Garrosh 10m according to Wowprogress but they don't have the guild Realm First! fos.

Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    Are you sure about that? This guild got realm first HC Garrosh 10m according to Wowprogress but they don't have the guild Realm First! fos.
    Hmm... I admit I'm not 100% sure and that certainly is pretty decisive proof otherwise. A potential happening is that someone else got the realm first achievement, then transferred? Although even that is pretty unlikely.

I don't see how it can be called 'realm first' without being tied to the realm though.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2014-07-08 at 07:32 PM.
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

No more FoS for realm firsts. One of many things missing in WoD.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

It has been stated, and quite rightly so that realm firsts, particularly on levelling/professions have just encouraged a lot of unpleasant behaviour.
    Between "boosting", and downright exploitation realm firsts haven't been fair outside of the raiding environment which is much better monitored.
    A realm first should be about skill, should be about performance and not about cheating without getting caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

WoD wont even have realm first or server first achivments or anything like that, get rekt s0n

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It has been stated, and quite rightly so that realm firsts, particularly on levelling/professions have just encouraged a lot of unpleasant behaviour.
    Between "boosting", and downright exploitation realm firsts haven't been fair outside of the raiding environment which is much better monitored.
    A realm first should be about skill, should be about performance and not about cheating without getting caught.
    Any chance on getting the official source on the statement that there won't be any realm firsts? Even PvE ones? I saw a blue response that they "wouldn't be spending much time on things like that" or something, but doesn't really seem definitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    This is enlightening, even though disappointing. I'll have to see if there's another guild that follows the same pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    WoD wont even have realm first or server first achivments or anything like that, get rekt s0n
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    No more FoS for realm firsts. One of many things missing in WoD.
    Wat? Comes out aggressive now, but you guys should check your sources before posting bullshit.

Realm Firsts for leveling & Realm Firsts for professions are removed in Warlords.

https://twitter.com/olandgren/status...18021328506880

Ontopic: Cant help OP, dont know the answer.
    Last edited by Yindoo; 2014-07-08 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Pretty sure they said they're also removing Realm's first for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Wat? Comes out aggressive now, but you guys should check your sources before posting bullshit.

Realm Firsts for leveling & Realm Firsts for professions are removed in Warlords.

https://twitter.com/olandgren/status...18021328506880

Ontopic: Cant help OP, dont know the answer.
    Awesome Yindoo thanks. So leveling and professions are out but guild realm firsts are still up in the air. Now just need a definite on realm firsts connected realm eligibility. Looks like it's leaning in the direction that MrElusive mentioned, but call it wishful thinking, I'm really hoping it's not!

Well I guess we'll find out tonight, didn't get him last night and the merger is today I'll be posting with a definite answer when I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nude Tayne View Post
    Well I guess we'll find out tonight, didn't get him last night and the merger is today I'll be posting with a definite answer when I find out.
    I hope you can still get it, not fair at all if not. Here's hoping!