Realm First Eligibility After Realm Connection / PvE WoD realm firsts

I tried finding this information elsewhere but couldn't find a clear answer.

1. My guild is close on Realm First Heroic Garrosh, but we found out we are being connected to other realms on Thursday. One of these other realms has a guild that is already H 14/14. When our realm is connected with theirs on Thursday, will they get the realm first "again" which renders us ineligible for it? Or is it realm specific so that they will retain their realm first and we will still get ours after we kill Heroic Garrosh for our specific realm?

2. Also, is it official that realm firsts are going away in WOD? If so, is it only the leveling and profession realm firsts or are the heroic PvE end tier boss realm firsts (like realm first heroic Garrosh) going away too?

Any feedback would be helpful, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think only the realm first 100s are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

7+ Year Old Account
    There are no more "realm first" achievements in WOD from my understanding. As for the connected realm thing, I honestly have no idea (since WOD isn't out yet obviously).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    All realm achievements will still be tied to your realm, not your connected realms.
    Are you sure about that? This guild got realm first HC Garrosh 10m according to Wowprogress but they don't have the guild Realm First! fos.

No more FoS for realm firsts. One of many things missing in WoD.

It has been stated, and quite rightly so that realm firsts, particularly on levelling/professions have just encouraged a lot of unpleasant behaviour.
    Between "boosting", and downright exploitation realm firsts haven't been fair outside of the raiding environment which is much better monitored.
    A realm first should be about skill, should be about performance and not about cheating without getting caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

WoD wont even have realm first or server first achivments or anything like that, get rekt s0n

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It has been stated, and quite rightly so that realm firsts, particularly on levelling/professions have just encouraged a lot of unpleasant behaviour.
    Between "boosting", and downright exploitation realm firsts haven't been fair outside of the raiding environment which is much better monitored.
    A realm first should be about skill, should be about performance and not about cheating without getting caught.
    Any chance on getting the official source on the statement that there won't be any realm firsts? Even PvE ones? I saw a blue response that they "wouldn't be spending much time on things like that" or something, but doesn't really seem definitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    Are you sure about that? This guild got realm first HC Garrosh 10m according to Wowprogress but they don't have the guild Realm First! fos.
    This is enlightening, even though disappointing. I'll have to see if there's another guild that follows the same pattern.

Pretty sure they said they're also removing Realm's first for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Wat? Comes out aggressive now, but you guys should check your sources before posting bullshit.

Realm Firsts for leveling & Realm Firsts for professions are removed in Warlords.

https://twitter.com/olandgren/status...18021328506880

Ontopic: Cant help OP, dont know the answer.
    Awesome Yindoo thanks. So leveling and professions are out but guild realm firsts are still up in the air. Now just need a definite on realm firsts connected realm eligibility. Looks like it's leaning in the direction that MrElusive mentioned, but call it wishful thinking, I'm really hoping it's not!

Well I guess we'll find out tonight, didn't get him last night and the merger is today I'll be posting with a definite answer when I find out.