Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    [QUOTE=jones904;28128354]You're COMPLETELY missing the points.

first off; Your exact statement was that Blizzard would have to change "half the inner mechanics of the game" THE GAME. The class i could see maybe but not the GAME. I agreed that you in fact WOULD have to make changes but what you said is in fact is a huge overstatement.[quote]

I'm completely missing the points and you are arguing semantics with word choice? Mechanics of the class are mechanics of the game. We aren't the only ones with Multistrike, Armor nullification or Bleeds.

Thirdly: I didn't say that these changes are excatly the same but conceptually they are. Here is the concept "[Even with the same skill set a class can choose one of multiple additional skills that will affect DMG and gameplay]" That concept is shared among the skills, talent, and abilities i listed. To put it basically; you CAN have 1 specialization (Arms, Frost, or any of the specs of hunters, warlocks, and mages individually not all together)that chooses how it DPSes (The aforementioned skills), that has a positive effect on DMG gameplay (20% dmg buff or the various buffs of the other skills and talents.)
    You can, but those aren't gated. The only one is DK's 2h v DW and even that is a stretch since it is the exact same ability set. The rotation only changes because of passive scaling, a balance issue. You could play the same way with either subspec if you really wanted to regardless of weapon type.

your problem is you are arguing 2 sides of the argument. One side you want the skills to do different amounts of damage so to feel different, And the other you want them to be balanced in terms of DMG. you cant have both. Thats like saying,"Why have Haste and crit in the game when they both increase dmg by X amount?
    I did not make that argument at all. I never said they should do different amounts of damage and be balanced. I said the idea would never be added to the game being tied to weapons.

Lastly: the passives were removed because they werent balanced. Blizzard often removes skills from the game and then adds them back later after they could balance so they thought that "this isnt the way Blizzard is moving" like your setting on the Dev staff is wrong. look at howling blast and Blinding light for paladins. Essentially the same move blizz nerf one and then gave the old iteration to paladins. Heroic Leap was scrapped in beta of WOTLK and then made it back in cata same with link totem for shamans. just because it wasnt balanced before doesnt mean it cant be again.
    They were removed because they gated players into weapon choices. It had nothing to do with balance. The issue was made worse by the fact that not all weapon choices were always available or equal. Also as Novaflare explains above, in the case of Maces, random proc with little reliability only makes for frustrating gameplay, especially in something as tactical as PvP. "Man I would have won but my stun didn't proc!" or "Man did you see that? So many procs he couldn't do a thing!"
    Not to mention the issues with triggering diminishing returns on stuns.

Also Heroic Leap wasn't scrapped because it wasn't balanced, it was scrapped because it didn't function the way they wanted. But then you still think the ideas you wrote above are "balanced" so I don't know why I am having an argument with someone who clearly doesn't understand the word.

I've tried explaining to you why your ideas, while not necessarily bad, do not fit in the game. You want to be stubborn and fight that fine. End of the line, anything could be added to the game with enough work, regardless of how complicated or dull, but this idea simply isn't worth it for a variety of reasons.