Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Treating Humans as Animals is even more illegal than their crossing of the border. We have laws in place to protect people even if they aren't our own citizens. Shooting them at the border or locking them in work camps would be a great way for the US to come across as the world's biggest hypocrite.

The problem is generated by the capitalist economy's need for slave labor to maintain itself. It's in the interests of American business for tens of thousands of legal unpersons to exist - and so they do, and will.

The solution? Well, you guessed it, it's to smash capitalism. Good luck.

Maybe before we look at removing all these people, we should brainstorm who will fill the void that would be created if some of them left.
    You know something is to be said about people who want to work being removed and all you are left with is people who think you owe them cause they might work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    A solid middle ground would be work visas made freely available to people who want to come here. Illegals are denied citizenship and have to be a productive member of society to stay. We can talk about amnesty later when the border is secure and people don't have to worry about being deported.
    good idea. since we don't have enough jobs for our own people. lets give them to immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    good idea. since we don't have enough jobs for our own people. lets give them to immigrants.
    Really?
    You willing to do landscaping in south texas this summer?
    There is plenty of work for people. People are just too good to do it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

How 'bout y'all go back to Europe and give my people their land back. "Illegal" immigration. rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Really?
    If it is do landscaping or have no income people will step up and do it.

Addressing our drug policies that fuel the illegal drug trade that funds cartels would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Waarheid View Post
    How 'bout y'all go back to Europe and give my people their land back. "Illegal" immigration. rofl.
    You ever think that if your people were treated better, the current fear of an encroaching populaiton and the outcome of that would be less dramatic? Like, folks think, what they do/did will be wrought upon them or whatever?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

A lot of them have lice, scabbies, tb, and other diseases. The government cant release them into our cities because wouldn't that be treasonous?. Knowingly releasing diseased illegal immigrants into cities all over the usa, something is wrong with this, very wrong.

A lot of produce rotted in the fields last year for a lack of hands to pick it.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/farme...ortages-fields

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    If it is do landscaping or have no income people will step up and do it.
    Yea. not you tho, rite?
    "No income" should mean physically able college kids, not just the poor, rite?
    I'm feeling a very strong, "Not me, someone below me" vibe.

Jobs pie isn't static, immigrants have been documented to increase the demand for jobs, you're ignorant and don't know any better, yada yada, xenophobic yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    A lot of them have lice, scabbies, tb, and other diseases. The government cant release them into our cities becaause wouldn't that be treasonous?. Knowingly releasing diseased illegal immigrants into cities all over the usa, something is wrong with this, very wrong.
    Citation for disease rates please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Really?
    I would if I lived there and was unemployed...

It's easier than my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    A lot of them have lice, scabbies, tb, and other diseases. The government cant release them into our cities because wouldn't that be treasonous?. Knowingly releasing diseased illegal immigrants into cities all over the usa, something is wrong with this, very wrong.
    Are you really that vapid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Citation for disease rates please.
    (not joking), there was a guy on Fox earlier who said that he has half a dozen un-named secret sources inside the immigrant processing facilities that state the rates of these conditions is very high....yeah. lol

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Say, we made everyone legal, how would we deal with Welfare system breakdown from sudden influx of new people? They would also have low paying jobs or no jobs at all. How would we deal with things like education fund for their childrens, Pell and Tap grants, massive changes in voting demographic that would be open to open border? What about jobs themselves? both the legal and new illigal would be competing for the same low paying jobs. What would we do about people already waiting on the line to come in the U.S. (Who have been waiting for 10 years or so)? Is it fair to deny people who have waiting on the line?
    The best option is simply to annex Mexico. Once part of the US, proceed to dismantle everything corrupt, and build from the ground something resembling of a decent state.

Land Mines

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for improving the security of our border, but what I'd like to hear are some ACTUAL realistic fixes for our border. What can we actually do?
    As long as we are in a much better economic state than Mexico and other south/central American countries, we're going to have people risking everything to get here.