Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If you don't think there is a racial component to this I have a lovely ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.
    If you think the main argument against the illegals is racial based I have a very nice bridge to sell you.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by zackeryt View Post
    If you think the main argument against the illegals is racial based I have a very nice bridge to sell you.
    I believe it mostly boils down to the same pig headed nativism it always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  3. #143
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Crime against humanity.
    It's not a crime against humanity to shoot someone illegally trying enter a large number of places. Yet in this case it would be why?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It's not a crime against humanity to shoot someone illegally trying enter a large number of places. Yet in this case it would be why?
    Its only legal to use lethal force against people who are a credible immediate threat to the well being of another. Using missiles on children because they're crossing a border does not constitute self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I believe it mostly boils down to the same pig headed nativism it always has.
    Does that mean you don't want the bridge? It's cheap? Come on man I have a 10 week old to support.

  6. #146
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It's not a crime against humanity to shoot someone illegally trying enter a large number of places. Yet in this case it would be why?
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Banned because I'm Badass!
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    It most certainly is a crime.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Technically, yes it is. Its a civil crime, not a criminal crime, although both parties have treated illegal immigration like jaywalking. In the US anyways. In Mexico its 10 years in prison.

  9. #149
    Mechagnome Jinali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It most certainly is a crime.
    In what way?

  10. #150
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Banned because I'm Badass!
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It's not a crime against humanity to shoot someone illegally trying enter a large number of places. Yet in this case it would be why?
    How about rock salt in a shotgun, would that be acceptable?.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post
    In what way?
    The laws revolving around illegal entry or overstaying are found in Section 1325 in Title 8 of the United States Code. This section, titled “Improper Entry of Alien” will provide a fine or imprisonment (or both) for any immigrant who: 1. Enters or attempts to enter America at any time or location other than what was designated by the United States Government (immigration official, or 2. Any individual who eludes inspection or examination instituted by the United States Government and its immigration agents, or 3. Any individual who attempts to enter the United States by providing a false or misleading representation of oneself or through a willful concealment of fact. For instance, if you provide a false passport, driver’s license or pretend to be anyone else, you will be charged with attempting to enter the United States in an illegal fashion. The maximum prison sentence for an individual caught in the act of violating immigration policy is 6 months for the first offense and additional 2 years for any subsequent offense. - See more at: http://immigration.laws.com/illegal-....GZ0hJRp1.dpuf

    Whether the law is enforced is a completely different matter.

  12. #152
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    23,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It most certainly is a crime.
    Immigration law is civil law, not criminal.

    Quote Originally Posted by zackeryt View Post
    Technically, yes it is. Its a civil crime, not a criminal crime, although both parties have treated illegal immigration like jaywalking. In the US anyways. In Mexico its 10 years in prison.
    Most people don't consider things like jaywalking and slander to be "crimes". They're breaches of civil law, but you can't be arrested for them.
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-07-09 at 02:58 AM.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    How about rock salt in a shotgun, would that be acceptable?.
    herr derr jokes about shooting kids with rock salt are hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  14. #154
    Pit Lord NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Do you even think before you type some of this nonsense? I want American children to get the best education possible. I don't want problem students to prevent the majority of students learning. It's not fair to other children to have their education disrupted because single mother's are a huge voting bloc for the DNC so their continued dependence on society is encouraged.

    I guess you think a good education entails dumbing everything down to the lowest common denominator. What next, have the special needs kids sit in the Calculus class too?
    Isn't that the whole point of education? To educate everyone?

  15. #155
    Develop poor countries.

    Too commie for colony exploiters though.

  16. #156
    Stood in the Fire Wolfie of Medivh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    420
    Well it's a multi-facitated problem, but parts to the solution include:

    Stabilizing Mexico - most drugs come from or through Mexico.
    Drug Legalization and reschedualing and treatment to starve cartels of finances.
    Demanding fair, legitimate elections in Mexico to get control of the border.
    Stronger border patrol presence, especially with drones.
    Demand the Mexican Government allow us to pursue criminals into its territory - it is idiotic if a criminal crosses a river or an invisible line they can be nearly completely safe.
    Greater pressure on job creators to hire documented americans
    Much stronger penalties on those hiring illegal workers
    An amnesty program designed to help integrate those people here, quickly and efficiently, including payment of back taxes, citizenship oaths and required learning of conversational English.
    Developing programs to allow those who work here temporarily (farm workers, construction, landscaping, ect.) to return home legally and safely and quickly.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Well it's a multi-facitated problem, but parts to the solution include:

    Stabilizing Mexico - most drugs come from or through Mexico.
    Drug Legalization and reschedualing and treatment to starve cartels of finances.
    Demanding fair, legitimate elections in Mexico to get control of the border.
    Stronger border patrol presence, especially with drones.
    Demand the Mexican Government allow us to pursue criminals into its territory - it is idiotic if a criminal crosses a river or an invisible line they can be nearly completely safe.
    Greater pressure on job creators to hire documented americans
    Much stronger penalties on those hiring illegal workers
    An amnesty program designed to help integrate those people here, quickly and efficiently, including payment of back taxes, citizenship oaths and required learning of conversational English.
    Developing programs to allow those who work here temporarily (farm workers, construction, landscaping, ect.) to return home legally and safely and quickly.
    Read above. You need to transfer your jobs to mexica. So mexicans will work at home.

  18. #158
    Have Obama sign a executive order than all illegals are immediately granted US citizenship, problem solved. It will only be a small 30 extra million votes for him to kick out all Republicans and get stuff done in the country.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Have Obama sign a executive order than all illegals are immediately granted US citizenship, problem solved. It will only be a small 30 extra million votes for him to kick out all Republicans and get stuff done in the country.
    Yeah doesn't work that way. He has no authority to grant citizenship, only who has priority on enforcement.

  20. #160
    Scarab Lord Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,023
    Don't think there is a solution or a meaningful one. People can just move to Canada next if it ever gets that bad here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Eating meat makes you aggressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •